Sign in to follow this  
nobody

La'el Collins suspended for trying to bribe drug tester

Lol oh my soul. 

So the NFL had negotiated with the players association and the suspension was going to be just two games. Collins went to arbitration instead of taking the sweetheart deal. And what does this say to every other guy in the NFL? Bribing the drug tester  is only a two game suspension. Seems like it’s worth a shot to bribe them then. Nice work, once again, NFL. Just get rid of the drug testing at this point. Let them shoot up with whatever they want. Their bodies, their choice. 

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Let them shoot up with whatever they want. Their bodies, their choice. 

We've seen where that leads with concussions...

7 hours ago, polecatt said:

We've seen where that leads with concussions...

And where did it lead? Players still get concussed. The league keeps moving on. Let em roid up. No one really cares. Mike Webster died in a ditch. Kevin Greene died at 58. Long after Webster and Lyle Alzado died from roids.  There will be a super bowl this year. Let’s cut the crap. 

• Sad 1

I see hardcore phaggot is welching on his bet still. Of course, 24/7 can’t quit this place. He’s got nothing else waiting for him in the real world :lol: 

On 9/26/2021 at 8:48 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

So the NFL had negotiated with the players association and the suspension was going to be just two games. Collins went to arbitration instead of taking the sweetheart deal. And what does this say to every other guy in the NFL? Bribing the drug tester  is only a two game suspension. Seems like it’s worth a shot to bribe them then. Nice work, once again, NFL. Just get rid of the drug testing at this point. Let them shoot up with whatever they want. Their bodies, their choice. 

Let's assume Collins failed the drug test and everything went through the motions.  What's his status in the league regarding failed tests?  Was this his first or second?  If I recall, you have to fail like a bunch of times tests before you get a suspension.  My guess is that he wasn't going to be suspended for the failed test.  As you said, why give him 2 games if he was going to get more from the failed test?  I don't think they want to set that precedent.  Then again, maybe they do.  Bribe the tester and take your chances.  If he takes the bribe (the NFL will look the other way), and no one knows about it - reduces the number of positive tests.  If he doesn't, 2 games... instead of 4 or more.  The NFL looks good to the (general), public in saying "We test for drugs", all the while, the players get a loophole.  Win/win.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Let's assume Collins failed the drug test and everything went through the motions.  What's his status in the league regarding failed tests?  Was this his first or second?  If I recall, you have to fail like a bunch of times tests before you get a suspension.  My guess is that he wasn't going to be suspended for the failed test.  As you said, why give him 2 games if he was going to get more from the failed test?  I don't think they want to set that precedent.  Then again, maybe they do.  Bribe the tester and take your chances.  If he takes the bribe (the NFL will look the other way), and no one knows about it - reduces the number of positive tests.  If he doesn't, 2 games... instead of 4 or more.  The NFL looks good to the (general), public in saying "We test for drugs", all the while, the players get a loophole.  Win/win.

The league stop suspending for just pot. So either

A: He thought it would be cheaper to bribe the guy than pay the fine the NFL now gives for pot.

B: He was on something else (either illegal drugs or PEDs).

I really don't think the NFL would want to open that loophole. It might be beneficial in the short term, but long term, it would get out, and it'd be like the MLB steroid scandal. Most likely it was a he says/he says scenario where the NFL believed the tester, but was willing to give a reduced suspension rather than have it overturned on appeal.

26 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

The league stop suspending for just pot. So either

A: He thought it would be cheaper to bribe the guy than pay the fine the NFL now gives for pot.

B: He was on something else (either illegal drugs or PEDs).

I really don't think the NFL would want to open that loophole. It might be beneficial in the short term, but long term, it would get out, and it'd be like the MLB steroid scandal. Most likely it was a he says/he says scenario where the NFL believed the tester, but was willing to give a reduced suspension rather than have it overturned on appeal.

Yeah, I believe it's PED's.  The NFL may stop checking for pot, but everything is just the umbrella of their "Drug and Alcohol (Substance Abuse)" policy.

I'm inclined to agree with you on the he said/he said.  That said, I think everyone was pretty confident that it happened because if Collins didn't try to bribe him he'd have no problem with letting things run their course, right?  There's no reason to agree to the 2-game suspension.  The only reason he would agree to it, is if he were guilty and the 2 games is better than the alternative.  To me, that's clearly allowing for a loophole.