Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

Washington school bans pro-police flag, claims it's 'political,' but permits BLM and LGBT messages

I don't think anyone is surprised by it.  Of course, the Liberals will tell you that BLM and LGBTQ are "social" messages, not political.

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I don't think anyone is surprised by it.  Of course, the Liberals will tell you that BLM and LGBTQ are "social" messages, not political.

Yeah. And the liberal social messages are as bad or worse than their political ones. 

BLM has been known to destroy and burn cities. Haven’t seen any “pro police” supporters do that :dunno: 

Response from the school district:

https://www.msd25.org/o/district/article/546447

When looking at the use of any particular symbol or image in the classroom, a determination is made by the district under these policies and using related guidance.  Some concerns have been raised about the display of the Thin Blue Line Flag in a classroom, particularly as it relates to the aforementioned policies. As a symbol, in and of itself, with no instructional purpose or educational context, the Thin Blue Line Flag can be interpreted in a variety of ways by students who come from very diverse backgrounds.  While it might be viewed by some as a tribute to police, this symbol was also used by hate groups in the 2017 far-right rally in Charlottesville, and was also carried by rioters during the January 6th attacks on the US Capital. Therefore, without any educational context or purpose, the display of this symbol in a school classroom cannot be reasonably divorced from the political meanings that have been attached to its varied uses and, as a result, may send a mixed or even disruptive message to staff, students and families.

The school is full of yellow liberal cucks. 

13 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

BLM has been known to destroy and burn cities. Haven’t seen any “pro police” supporters do that :dunno: 

At the very least, when rioters started using BLM marches as cover for burning and looting, the BLM marches should have stopped immediately.  Yet they continued to provide cover even after the looting started.  So BLM is complicit.

There should only be one flag allowed.  We're all Americans before we are cops or queers.  Our country won't survive any other way.

On 9/27/2021 at 10:32 PM, dogcows said:

January 6th attacks on the US Capital.

1 hour ago, avoiding injuries said:

😂 😂 😂 

You know, it's funny, Libs love to say "January 6th".  It's funny because that's ONE DAY.  They call conservatives racists though, when we say SUMMER of 2020.

5 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

You know, it's funny, Libs love to say "January 6th".  It's funny because that's ONE DAY.  They call conservatives racists though, when we say SUMMER of 2020.

Cmon man. In Seattle it was the Summer of Love! :nono:

CHAZ forever b1tches! 

2 hours ago, dogcows said:

So in Virginia, a school board says that the Thin Blue Line is a political statement and is banned, and conservatives are supposed to just deal with it.  Yet, in Oregon, a conservative school board says that Gay Pride and BLM are political statements and are banned.  BUT, opponents to this say "...adopting the policy will only draw further scrutiny and added that “people will become more entrenched."  Um, wouldn't that happen in Virginia?  Or is that only Liberals are allowed to get their way?

9 minutes ago, DonS said:

Cmon man. In Seattle it was the Summer of Love! :nono:

CHAZ forever b1tches! 

I must hang my head in shame for not realizing that.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

So in Virginia, a school board says that the Thin Blue Line is a political statement and is banned, and conservatives are supposed to just deal with it.  Yet, in Oregon, a conservative school board says that Gay Pride and BLM are political statements and are banned.  BUT, opponents to this say "...adopting the policy will only draw further scrutiny and added that “people will become more entrenched."  Um, wouldn't that happen in Virginia?  Or is that only Liberals are allowed to get their way?

Both sides are trying to ban political displays in the classroom… if those displays are politics they disagree with.

1 hour ago, dogcows said:

Both sides are trying to ban political displays in the classroom… if those displays are politics they disagree with.

Blue lives matter is not a political statement.  Its literally just support the cops.  Which is standard for any nation anywhere. 

14 hours ago, dogcows said:

First off, neither should be banned... all should be expected to be represented.  That, or neither should be allowed.  There should never be a sign of preference.  Either all or none.

Second, I have an issue with the response.  In both the VA and OR scenarios, the articles are presenting the information that the conservative stance is wrong.

Third, I saw no mention in the OR scenario that said Thin Blue Line, or similar are allowed.  If that's the case, then the OR scenario is making a correct move.  They're making none, represented.  I'm fine with that.

14 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

Blue lives matter is not a political statement.  Its literally just support the cops.  Which is standard for any nation anywhere. 

But the narrative is that cops are bad, racist, appendages of this white supremacist society....

Apparently not being a criminal, living ethically and morally is racist...who knew.....

Police, Gay Pride, and BLM shouldn't be political messages, but the Democrat party made them that way by saying if you support cops, you're racist.  If you don't support Gay Pride, you're a bigot.  If you don't support BLM, you're racist.

16 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

OK then...

Black Lives Matter is not a political statement. It is literally just supporting black people.

Gay pride is not a political statement. It is literally just expressing pride in one’s sexuality.

10 minutes ago, dogcows said:

OK then...

Black Lives Matter is not a political statement. It is literally just supporting black people.

Gay pride is not a political statement. It is literally just expressing pride in one’s sexuality.

Your view of BLM seems to end at the name itself. The three accepted founders being Patrisse Cullors, Alicia Garza and Opal Tometi. Some statements around these and the entity include :"We do have an ideological frame. Myself and Alicia, in particular, are trained organizers; we are trained Marxists. We are superversed on, sort of, ideological theories. And I think what we really try to do is build a movement that could be utilized by many, many Black folks."

Not every member will have the political aims of the creators, but simply putting a nice name on an insidious organization is not going to trick us. Hiding behind a facade of just intent has been tried before. The entire pretense that black lives are not held to the same value of others appears to only be true within the African American community itself. Pretending this nonsense is true helps no one, and certainly not the AA community.

I have no issue with gay pride. Be proud of who you are, of course no one is stopping you.  Often people think the world is out to stop them or hurt them, when it raises to the level of marching etc it crosses the line into paranoia;  and we see that in abundance from the LGBTQXYZ-whatever community,

• Thanks 1

If you're a white guy who work's 50 hours a week, pays all your bills on time, and doesn't buy anything without the funds to do so.

I wonder what you're called nowadays?

3 hours ago, dogcows said:

OK then...

No.  As I said, every nation supports its police.  That's a fundamental aspect of a stable society that has existed for basically all of human history and probably before.  What's not normal is dividing up your society into different social groups and having them go against each other, which is what BLM / gay pride does.

• Thanks 1

On 9/30/2021 at 12:58 PM, RLLD said:

Your view of BLM seems to end at the name itself. The three accepted founders being Patrisse Cullors, Alicia Garza and Opal Tometi. Some statements around these and the entity include :"We do have an ideological frame. Myself and Alicia, in particular, are trained organizers; we are trained Marxists. We are superversed on, sort of, ideological theories. And I think what we really try to do is build a movement that could be utilized by many, many Black folks."

Not every member will have the political aims of the creators, but simply putting a nice name on an insidious organization is not going to trick us. Hiding behind a facade of just intent has been tried before. The entire pretense that black lives are not held to the same value of others appears to only be true within the African American community itself. Pretending this nonsense is true helps no one, and certainly not the AA community.

I have no issue with gay pride. Be proud of who you are, of course no one is stopping you.  Often people think the world is out to stop them or hurt them, when it raises to the level of marching etc it crosses the line into paranoia;  and we see that in abundance from the LGBTQXYZ-whatever community,

Some Jan 6 rioters were carrying Thin Blue Line flags. That doesn’t mean all people with that flag support a violent overthrow of the government. On the other hand, most people still seem to think “Support the Police” is the entire story of that flag… when it clearly is not.

In both cases, there are some small groups of extremists under those banners. Calling out BLM as being an “insidious” organization without calling out the extremists associated with the Thin Blue Line seems a bit disingenuous.

On 9/30/2021 at 4:23 PM, JustinCharge said:

No.  As I said, every nation supports its police.  That's a fundamental aspect of a stable society that has existed for basically all of human history and probably before.  What's not normal is dividing up your society into different social groups and having them go against each other, which is what BLM / gay pride does.

Bull-💩 on both counts.

1. I can immediately come up with a country where 2/3 of the people think the police are controlled by organized crime: Mexico. And police are not trusted in many other countries either.

https://insightcrime.org/news/brief/most-mexicans-think-police-controlled-by-org-crime-poll/

2. As for BLM and gay pride, both movements are reactions to unfair treatment, and would never have existed if treatment was fair to begin with. Interestingly, attitudes towards gay people have changed dramatically in the past few decades. It is pretty f-ing funny to blame the gay pride movement for dividing people when it was literally illegal for gay people to get married up until a few years ago. It seems like the movement was actually quite successful in changing American attitudes towards gay people.

1 hour ago, dogcows said:

Bull-💩 on both counts.

1. I can immediately come up with a country where 2/3 of the people think the police are controlled by organized crime: Mexico. And police are not trusted in many other countries either.

As I said:  That's a fundamental aspect of a stable society

Mexico is not stable.  But that's the problem with you damned liberals.  You only hear what you want to hear.

2 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

As I said:  That's a fundamental aspect of a stable society

Mexico is not stable.  But that's the problem with you damned liberals.  You only hear what you want to hear.

On 9/30/2021 at 4:23 PM, JustinCharge said:

As I said, every nation supports its police.

Right there - you said every nation. Was I supposed to ignore that sentence? You didn’t say just the stable nations. And the distrust of police in America is leading to instability. I worry that the knee-jerk reaction by some police departments and their vocal defenders to denounce critics is making the situation worse. Some departments are taking the criticism constructively and trying to improve. If we have more of that, it will build more trust in the police, and build stability in the society. Flag-waving in support of the cops, especially by people who don’t even live in those cops’ jurisdictions… is of no benefit.