JustinCharge

gas crisis in UK - no fuel for cars, trucks

no one wants to drive fuel trucks.

https://news.yahoo.com/fuel-pumps-run-dry-uk-114728224.html

Desperate motorists queued up at fuel pumps across Britain on Monday, draining tanks, fraying tempers and prompting calls for the government to use emergency powers to give priority access to healthcare and other essential workers.

The government maintains a lack of tanker drivers to deliver fuel and unprecedented demand is behind the crisis, not a shortage of fuel, and has made a U-turn to ease post-Brexit immigration rules to try to entice foreign truckers back.

But long queues were again seen outside filling stations, even overnight, frustrating drivers and stoking concern about the effects on the wider economy.

"People are desperate. If I don't get petrol now, I can't get work anymore today," one driver, David Hart, told AFP as he queued at an Esso garage in London after a fruitless search at the weekend.

Britain's biggest public sector union, Unison, said key workers, including doctors, nurses, teaching and police staff should be given priority access rather than having to wait in queues.

"The government could solve this problem now by using emergency powers to designate fuel stations for the sole use of key workers," said general secretary Christina McAnea.

Medical bodies have already said some healthcare staff have struggled to get to work, while schools have warned that online teaching could resume if teachers are unable to reach their classrooms.

No one wants to work any jobs.  I was on a fishing trip in MN all last week and every town had numerous "Now Hiring" signs up.  It doesn't seem to matter where you go, most businesses are struggling to find people to work.

29 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

No one wants to work any jobs.  I was on a fishing trip in MN all last week and every town had numerous "Now Hiring" signs up.  It doesn't seem to matter where you go, most businesses are struggling to find people to work.

Maybe they all decided Kensington Avenue was where they wanted to spend their last days, instead of working. 🤣

31 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Something is so amiss.  No one wants to work but there's unprecedented demand for fuel? So broke mofos are deciding to drive more than ever? All the tanker drivers in the UK have either gone back to college or found better paying jobs? Something is rotten.

35 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Something is so amiss.  No one wants to work but there's unprecedented demand for fuel? So broke mofos are deciding to drive more than ever? All the tanker drivers in the UK have either gone back to college or found better paying jobs? Something is rotten.

its not the demand side that is the problem.  they cannot supply fuel because of no drivers.  so even though demand is normal or even below average, the fuel simply isnt there.  then, once people realize there is a shortage, hoarding kicks in and demand skyrockets.

anything that doesn't work properly is chaos by design

6 minutes ago, lod001 said:

The UK probably required a 2x jab card to drive the tankers.

That's my guess too.

38 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

its not the demand side that is the problem.  they cannot supply fuel because of no drivers.  so even though demand is normal or even below average, the fuel simply isnt there.  then, once people realize there is a shortage, hoarding kicks in and demand skyrockets.

I was citing the article which used the term "unprecedented demand" along with driver shortages as the cause.

13 minutes ago, frank said:

I heard it’s anarchy over there. 

UK is a paradise compared to Australia. Those blokes have completely lost their minds.

Gasoline isn't the only energy crisis in the EU and UK.  Apparently, the wind doesn't always blow and depending on Russia for your energy needs is a bad idea.  Who would of thunk?

5 hours ago, frank said:

I heard it’s anarchy over there. 

Seriously? 

Maybe I need to head there to get this shiite started. 

13 minutes ago, Civil_War said:

Seriously? 

Maybe I need to head there to get this shiite started. 

Safe travels....:wave: