Sign in to follow this  
killerpopcorn

TE Roulette

Anyone else playing the same game I am? I have Dallas G as my starter and I am thinking of taking Conklin next week depending on what's on the board and what the matchups are.

9 minutes ago, killerpopcorn said:

Anyone else playing the same game I am? I have Dallas G as my starter and I am thinking of taking Conklin next week depending on what's on the board and what the matchups are.

That would be wise.

17 hours ago, DrG said:

I might grab Conk to back up Gronk

looks like Gronk is dinged up.   whats going on there?

I like the combo, Conk and Gronk. 

45 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

looks like Gronk is dinged up.   whats going on there?

He was reminded that being speared in the nfl is different than in the wwe 

3 hours ago, Serenity Now said:

He was reminded that being speared in the nfl is different than in the wwe 

ouch.

What about D Knox, I rate him higher and he is owned less.  Shultz is also out there for most but hard to trust with Jarwin also there.

D Knox is the TE1 for a pass first team. He gets 5+ targets every game and is a goal line option.

Knox is an interesting one.  He’s tied at 11 th for targets, 18th in yards, tied for third with two tds, seems very td dependent. 

Week two he had three targets 17 yards but did score a td, that’s a little low in rec and yardage if he doesn’t score a td. 

11 hours ago, weepaws said:

Knox is an interesting one.  He’s tied at 11 th for targets, 18th in yards, tied for third with two tds, seems very td dependent. 

Week two he had three targets 17 yards but did score a td, that’s a little low in rec and yardage if he doesn’t score a td. 

To the OP, I rank Knox over Goedert and Conklin. I go further and rank him above Tonyan and Jonnu and Shultz. IMO, Knox is on the level of Higbee/ L Thomas/J Cook/Pitts/Fant. And for this week when the Bills play Houston I would start him ahead of them.

Wees - yes Knox had a low Miami game.  Knox looks like 40-50 ypg, and like all TEs outside of the top 6 or so, will need a TD to have a good week. But a couple of positives to note, his drops have decreased significantly, he looks good.  And the Bills don't have a goal line strategy yet - you know they want to get away from josh taking it in as their main weapon. They;re RBs are not bangers and they don't have the tall WRs.  The Bills are a pass first team, with a good QB, and a soft schedule. Knox is their only TE of note.

For some reason Knox has not made it to the waiver add lists. For those interested I suggest you do it now before the big Houston game.

Yea Knox is an interesting one.  

Knox has been interesting, I honestly thought the Bills would run more 4 WR sets with the addition of Sanders, but it looks more like G. Davis is the odd man out. Perhaps it's because he is dinged up. 

9 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

To the OP, I rank Knox over Goedert and Conklin. I go further and rank him above Tonyan and Jonnu and Shultz. IMO, Knox is on the level of Higbee/ L Thomas/J Cook/Pitts/Fant. And for this week when the Bills play Houston I would start him ahead of them.

Wees - yes Knox had a low Miami game.  Knox looks like 40-50 ypg, and like all TEs outside of the top 6 or so, will need a TD to have a good week. But a couple of positives to note, his drops have decreased significantly, he looks good.  And the Bills don't have a goal line strategy yet - you know they want to get away from josh taking it in as their main weapon. They;re RBs are not bangers and they don't have the tall WRs.  The Bills are a pass first team, with a good QB, and a soft schedule. Knox is their only TE of note.

For some reason Knox has not made it to the waiver add lists. For those interested I suggest you do it now before the big Houston game.

I’ve been pondering picking him up as well since they seem to like him in the red zone. 

Tommy Tremble is a really nice flyer if you're gonna scrape the barrel. Arnold just got traded, so he's the guy.

Still, in a redraft, he might not be worth anything. But if you're a dynasty, or a keeper. He's worth the swing for the fences. Especially looking at next year's draft class. Outside of one potential stud, 2022 is completely barren of talent.

20 hours ago, killerpopcorn said:

I’ve been pondering picking him up as well since they seem to like him in the red zone. 

So who are you going with? Did I convince you? Knox > Conklin.

Knox is averaging over 7 fpg's and that's with the Bills two first sub par offensive games, looks like they are rounding into form now.  They should destroy Houston. Better hurry people are noticing, yahoo shows his percentage has risen 22%.

2 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

So who are you going with? Did I convince you? Knox > Conklin.

Knox is averaging over 7 fpg's and that's with the Bills two first sub par offensive games, looks like they are rounding into form now.  They should destroy Houston. Better hurry people are noticing, yahoo shows his percentage has risen 22%.

I’m going with Knox, I played the waiting game to save a waiver. Conk was taken so I moved up to the waiver#1 and Knox was still available. 

• Thanks 1

I have Gronk in a couple leagues and has been said Dawson Knox is an intriguing  pickup. Worth taking a shot with. Even with the WR's Dallas has Schultz looks like a good pickup as well.

Same boat. 

I started Gerald Everett for 3 weeks. Two usable, one dud. 
Then he’s in covid protocol. 

Considered the dreck FAs available. 

Conklin, Fisker, Ertz, Schultz, Kmet, Dissly among others. 
(While mulling this over during the week, Uzomah goes off vs the Jags. That was a joy.)

I settled on Schultz, after looking at routes run and all that. His catch % is practically perfect, which is nice. Panthers D has looked good, but I see the game as a high scoring one, Schultz has gotten steady targets, so maybe he finds the end zone. 
Analytics folks warn against chasing Conklin’s points from last week. A statistical fluke, they say, won’t happen again.

I think Ertz might make me wish I went with him. KC D is gentle, but the day could go to Goedert. Or not.  
All options are far from ideal, not even close to fine actually.

I wish you all luck on this journey through the Tight End Wasteland, and look forward to continuing our conversation on this thread next week and beyond.

1 hour ago, Candygram4Mongo said:

Conklin, Fisker, Ertz, Schultz, Kmet, Dissly among others. 

With Julio and Brown out for the Titans, Fisker should get plenty of action.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 7:02 PM, Einstein's Dog said:

What about D Knox, I rate him higher and he is owned less.  Shultz is also out there for most but hard to trust with Jarwin also there.

D Knox is the TE1 for a pass first team. He gets 5+ targets every game and is a goal line option.

Nice call. Congrats