Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

This is the best Chargers team I've ever seen.

Chargers have hit the jackpot with this coaching staff.  They hired the Rams defensive coordinator Brandon Staley as their head coach in the offseason.  The defense is playing well.  Held their first 2 opponents under 20 points and held the Chiefs to 24.  Then he hired the Saints QB coach as his OC, Joe Lombardi.  He's the grandson of NFL legend Vince Lombardi.  He came in and installed a lot of  the Saints offense and boy it is lights out.  They made a few mistakes and still beat the Chiefs in their place.  They really should have blown them out.  Once everything settles in, the Chargers will be even scarier.  Still, its a tough schedule for the next month Raiders, Browns, @Ravens, Patriots.  After that though, the schedule is cake.

3 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Agree it’s got potential. But we need more discipline. The penalties are hard to overcome time and again

but 4th and 9....wow

I mean they manhandled the chiefs sunday.  It was almost like the Chiefs didn't belong on the same field.  That was 1-2 plays from being a blowout.

2 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Chargers have hit the jackpot with this coaching staff.  They hired the Rams defensive coordinator Brandon Staley as their head coach in the offseason.  The defense is playing well.  Held their first 2 opponents under 20 points and held the Chiefs to 24.  Then he hired the Saints QB coach as his OC, Joe Lombardi.  He's the grandson of NFL legend Vince Lombardi.  He came in and installed a lot of  the Saints offense and boy it is lights out.  They made a few mistakes and still beat the Chiefs in their place.  They really should have blown them out.  Once everything settles in, the Chargers will be even scarier.  Still, its a tough schedule for the next month Raiders, Browns, @Ravens, Patriots.  After that though, the schedule is cake.

Lets pump the breaks.  They held the Chiefs to 24 pts.  The Chiefs turned thr ball over on their 1st 3 possessions and in Chargers territory.  And the Chiefs still almost won.  The Chiefs had 33 first downs which I think ties the most of any team this season.  

They are a good team.  Holding the Chiefs to 24 is misleading.

Just now, JustinCharge said:

I mean they manhandled the chiefs sunday.  It was almost like the Chiefs didn't belong on the same field.

That Chiefs defense is made up of guys that couldn't make some high school teams.

Clock management and playcalling were for sh1t down the stretch.  They got lucky.  Nonetheless, they are very good, and hopefully the coaching staff learned a thing or 2. Darkhorse for the Championship game.

Out of curiosity, which of all the previous Chargers teams whose seasons ended in disappointment was the previous 'best'? Just wondering so I know where to set the bar.

Just now, Utilit99 said:

That Chiefs defense is made up of guys that couldn't make some high school teams.

Chiefs D is built around holding leads. When the other team has the ability to run the ball, they are terrible. 

15 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Agree it’s got potential. But we need more discipline. The penalties are hard to overcome time and again

but 4th and 9....wow

Yes… how many tds have been called back in 3 games?

also, those fouts teams were pretty fun

12 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Out of curiosity, which of all the previous Chargers teams whose seasons ended in disappointment was the previous 'best'? Just wondering so I know where to set the bar.

best team ive seen was the 14-2 team under schottenheimer.  this is better.

17 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Lets pump the breaks.  They held the Chiefs to 24 pts.  The Chiefs turned thr ball over on their 1st 3 possessions and in Chargers territory.  And the Chiefs still almost won.  The Chiefs had 33 first downs which I think ties the most of any team this season.  

They are a good team.  Holding the Chiefs to 24 is misleading.

really it wasn't that close.  guyton dropped a td bomb in the end zone.  this was a blowout.  it felt like a blowout.  the chargers were dominant most of this game.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Marty Shottenheimer was fired for 14&2. 

They've eaten diick ever since. 

Just now, wiffleball said:

thats all in the past.  current GM Tom Telesco is really really good at acquiring talent in the draft but has missed on hiring the right head coach.  Now he's finally hit on a head coach.

34 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Norv led to a lot of SB caliber teams to a 1st round loss.  

The squeaked by Washington, lost to the Cowboys and beat the Chiefs.  

Let's not start sucking each other's dicks just yet. 

1 minute ago, vuduchile said:

East coast wins are hard to get when you are a west coast team.  Sometimes the Chargers go years without one.

4 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

NFL couldn’t have the cowgirls start 0-2

3 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

NFL couldn’t have the cowgirls start 0-2

They walloped your powdery blue puzzys AT SOFI.  

48 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Lets pump the breaks. 

I think its the reverse.  After 3 games, its obvious this coaching staff is really good. The Chargers are under the radar, clearly.  Pumping the breaks is the opposite of what should be done here.

30 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

really it wasn't that close.  guyton dropped a td bomb in the end zone.  this was a blowout.  it felt like a blowout.  the chargers were dominant most of this game.

I didn't watch the game.  Maybe the Chargers shot themselves in thr foot and it should have been a blowout.

But holding the Chiefs to 24 is misleading.  They got into Charger territory on their first 3 possessions and turned the ball over each time.  Just a brutal way to start.  With less variance they score 35 plus

Source: NFL Network - James Palmer

Los Angeles Chargers QB Justin Herbert (hand) left the stadium with his right hand wrapped in ice Sunday, Sept. 26, but he's expected to be OK.

:unsure: 

Chiefs had 4 TOs to the Chargers 0.  

Had 12 more 1st downs.

Had a better 3rd down %

Actually ran the ball very effectively.  Clyde had 100 yards and 5.9 yards a carry.  By far his best effort of the year.

Lost by 6

12 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I didn't watch the game.  Maybe the Chargers shot themselves in thr foot and it should have been a blowout.

But holding the Chiefs to 24 is misleading.  They got into Charger territory on their first 3 possessions and turned the ball over each time.  Just a brutal way to start.  With less variance they score 35 plus

On the other hand, CEH is proving to just be fumble prone.  So is it variance or is this just what the Chiefs are?

On the other hand, CEH is proving to just be fumble prone.  So is it variance or is this just what the Chiefs are?

That is rich from a guy who is counting on undrafted free agent Guyton to never drop a ball.

9 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Chiefs had 4 TOs to the Chargers 0.  

Had 12 more 1st downs.

Had a better 3rd down %

Actually ran the ball very effectively.  Clyde had 100 yards and 5.9 yards a carry.  By far his best effort of the year.

Lost by 6

But ... that IS the book on the Chiefs.  You take away the deep ball.  Force the Chiefs to march down the field slowly.  Give up more 1st downs.  Give up 3rd downs.  Let them run all day.  Wait for the mistake.  That's what the Bucs did to them in the super bowl.  Chargers safety Derwin James spent all day deep defending against the bomb.  He didn't play the run at all.  So you're list of positives of the Chiefs was the Chargers gameplan.  That's by DESIGN. You want Mahomes to get impatient and make a stupid pass trying to be a hero.  That's exactly what happened.  Mahomes threw a no-look interception late.

This coaching staff GETS IT.  They are smart.  They know exactly what to do on offense and defense.  Best Chargers teams I've ever seen.

But ... that IS the book on the Chiefs.  You take away the deep ball.  Force the Chiefs to march down the field slowly.  Give up more 1st downs.  Give up 3rd downs.  Let them run all day.  Wait for the mistake.  That's what the Bucs did to them in the super bowl.  Safety Derwin James spent all day deep defending against the bomb.  He didn't play the run at all.  So you're list of positives of the Chiefs was the Chargers gameplan.  That's by DESIGN.

Every team by DESIGN is looking to win the TO battle by a margin of 4!

That ain't happening each meeting.

And they still only one by a late TD.

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

Every team by DESIGN is looking to win the TO battle by a margin of 4!

That ain't happening each meeting.

And they still only one by a late TD.

The game was not that close.

The game was not that close.

Ill take your word for it.  Better get your undrafted free agent WR some hands so you don't have to depend on winning thr turnover battle by 4 each time however.

Also, that teams with Rivers, tomlison, and gates had some good streaks

1 hour ago, nospk said:

Joe Lombardi sucked as the Lions OC 

hes bathed in the waters of new oreleans now and knelt at the feet of the masters for years since his time in detroit.

2 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

hes bathed in the waters of new oreleans now and knelt at the feet of the masters for years since his time in detroit.

As Drew Brees qb coach lol