fandandy

Do you step on bugs?

I do not.  I will go out of my way not to.  If I see one in the store, depending on where it is at and what I am doing I might scoop him up on a piece of paper and put him out back but sometimes if I am busy I'll just tell him, You better boogie, dude.  Someone is going to step on you.

I feel it is inherently wrong for me to kill a bug if I can avoid it.  

I know there are some here who feel the same way and I would wager that I already like that person.

I know there are some here who would stomp on a bug for no reason and I would wager that I already dislike that person.

Who are you?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I do not.  I will go out of my way not to.  If I see one in the store, depending on where it is at and what I am doing I might scoop him up on a piece of paper and put him out back but sometimes if I am busy I'll just tell him, You better boogie, dude.  Someone is going to step on you.

I feel it is inherently wrong for me to kill a bug if I can avoid it.  

I know there are some here who feel the same way and I would wager that I already like that person.

I know there are some here who would stomp on a bug for no reason and I would wager that I already dislike that person.

Who are you?

100% agree.  :thumbsup:

We have tons of Black Widow spiders in my area, (many times in my house) and I can't bring myself to kill them.  

Animals / Arachnids / Bugs in general > Humans

I'm the same way aside from flying insects in the house.  Those annoying fockers are dead if I'm able to track them down. 

1 minute ago, DonS said:

I'm the same way aside from flying insects in the house.  Those annoying fockers are dead if I'm able to track them down. 

#metoo

I have salamanders running around, I don't have bugs. I named my garage salamander Henry. He's real good at his job. 

For no reason at all?  No

If It's around or in my house? Yes, especially spiders.  You sir are trespassing.  If I'm in the woods on a hiking trail or just generally outside then no, I'm in their territory.

Just tonight my 9 year old had a baseball game and he was warming up on on a practice mound by the batting cages, I was catching, and we were close to a wood line. Little KSB looked over and said DAD!@#! there is a snake.  Copperhead, about 3 and a half feet.  All the other kids ran over yelling kill it, kill it.  I told them to back up and just sort of moved it along back into the woods.  Now if I found that bad boy in my garage he will get beheaded.  

That's my point, if you are my turf....dead.  If I'm on yours, live.  

It depends.

Roaches, flies and mosquitos get no mercy. 

Other bugs or spiders in my house or shop will usually get the axe too. 

If they’re outdoors, I leave them alone. 

I hate flies. 

Most everything else gets a pass unless it bites or stings me. 

Nope. I used to though. Happened yesterday as a matter of fact. A centipede crossing the sidewalk. He deserves to live.

A cockroach inside. It dies from the spray.

bunny

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

For no reason at all?  No

If It's around or in my house? Yes, especially spiders.  You sir are trespassing.  If I'm in the woods on a hiking trail or just generally outside then no, I'm in their territory.

Just tonight my 9 year old had a baseball game and he was warming up on on a practice mound by the batting cages, I was catching, and we were close to a wood line. Little KSB looked over and said DAD!@#! there is a snake.  Copperhead, about 3 and a half feet.  All the other kids ran over yelling kill it, kill it.  I told them to back up and just sort of moved it along back into the woods.  Now if I found that bad boy in my garage he will get beheaded.  

That's my point, if you are my turf....dead.  If I'm on yours, live.  

Did it emit an aroma of cucumber!

yes. almost all except butterflies, ladybugs, and praying mantis

these new spotted lantern flies...it's your duty to kill.

We just moved to our new house, haven't gotten bug service yet, and little crawly guys are getting in and messing with our cat's food.  We moved the food to a different part of the house, they still are getting in and finding it.  We're getting a bug guy here pronto, this is war.  With few exceptions, if you are inside the house, it's on.  I'll open a door if a moth or fly is by it and I think it might fly outside.  Occasional bug, meh, whatever.  But they are attacking now.

Outside I'll generally only care about an ant infestation if they crawl on our patio, I don't care about the odd bug here or there, inside or out.  

The main thing the bug guy does is get rid of crickets.  Crickets are scorpion food.  You can't easily kill scorpions with poison, but you can keep their food away.  

@fandandy probably hates me and always has.  :( 

13 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

I have salamanders running around, I don't have bugs. I named my garage salamander Henry. He's real good at his job. 

Salamanders or geckos? Please post a Google image picture of what you have. 

55 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

Every now and again I get a cool little something that will live underneath the outside ice freezer.  Not this year.  But somehow someway one might show up.  It's like a blessing from God because the ice freezer is outside this picture window by the cash register.  You stand there waiting on a customer or ringing someone up and this thing will at times scurry about.  

Another thing is hummingbirds.

I always feed them and always have one feeder hanging at that same window.

Hummingbirds are cool as sh1t and territorial.  Those fockers are mean to each other.  If you do not have a hummingbird feeder you are missing out.

If my feeder is not out when they arrive they will literally come to the window and basically flip me a wing.  

I have no idea how they remember or how long they live or if they communicate with each other but that is no bullshit.

11 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Not since reading the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy series.

How about petunias?

if it comes in the house, they're fair game

10 hours ago, BiPolarBear said:

He's in Phoenix, he means lizards, not salamanders.  I would think anyway, since we don't have salamanders in the desert.  :unsure: 

On 9/29/2021 at 9:23 PM, jerryskids said:

He's in Phoenix, he means lizards, not salamanders.  I would think anyway, since we don't have salamanders in the desert.  :unsure: 

Sonora Tiger Salamanders are there, but I am figuring geckos.  🙂

My son sent me a picture of a Tiger Salamander he saw when he was going to Texas Tech, in Lubbock, TX. That is an extremely dry area as well. Tiger Salamanders are poisonous, btw. 

6 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

Sonora Tiger Salamanders are there, but I am figuring geckos.  🙂

My son sent me a picture of a Tiger Salamander he saw when he was going to Texas Tech, in Lubbock, TX. That is an extremely dry area as well. Tiger Salamanders are poisonous, btw. 

Hmm, I thought salamanders were amphibians.  We have bodies of water so I’m sure they are in the area, but I would think you’d need to live pretty close to them, which I don’t think he does.  Well, I guess he’s not too far from one of them, now that I think about it.

Anyway, thanks for the correction.  :cheers: 

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Hmm, I thought salamanders were amphibians.  We have bodies of water so I’m sure they are in the area, but I would think you’d need to live pretty close to them, which I don’t think he does.  Well, I guess he’s not too far from one of them, now that I think about it.

Anyway, thanks for the correction.  :cheers: 

:cheers: 

An occasional rain is all they need. I believe there are some desert toads that breed in the rain puddles, and go back underground for most off the year. Nature tries everything, and I am continually amazed. 

1 minute ago, BiPolarBear said:

:cheers: 

An occasional rain is all they need. I believe there are some desert toads that breed in the rain puddles, and go back underground for most off the year. Nature tries everything, and I am continually amazed. 

Yeah, we’ve had a wet monsoon and the mosquitoes are bad this year, worst I can remember.  Not as bad as an actual wet climate but I moved away from that dambit. :)   It always amazes me that those eggs just lie somewhere dormant waiting for rain to eventually come.  

• Like 1

On 9/29/2021 at 10:22 PM, Big Guy said:

if it comes in the house, they're fair game

That is a sharks exact sentiment 

• Haha 1