Sign in to follow this  
Phil Simms 11

Pats RBs - White out for season

With White out for season, who assumes pass catching duties?

Bolden has been around, but he’s always been pretty average.

JJ Taylor has been active, is he a decent receiver?

Stevenson- the preseason darling to the doghouse, he’ll likely be active again so maybe he gets another chance.

Or Smith and Henry just get all those targets. 

Pretty average Bolden.  

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Pretty average Bolden.  

Agree with Weep;    it'll be Bolden. 

Decent pass catcher, and good blocker in pass pro. 

I believe JJ will take Whites spot... they love him ! Harris will be the lead hammer, and Stevenson will be his direct back up. 

Just now, snatchit said:

I believe JJ will take Whites spot... they love him ! Harris will be the lead hammer, and Stevenson will be his direct back up. 

Google what NE RB coach said about those guys

I picked up JJ earlier today, Stevenson available in a couple days so I’ll keep one of them to see what happens this weekend. 

I think it will be Boldin with the rookie at Qb, protecting the rookie would be important role , and JJ who I think has much more talent then Bolden with his experience would be the one they would trust.  

Everyone thing else is just coach speak.  

14 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I think it will be Boldin with the rookie at Qb, protecting the rookie would be important role , and JJ who I think has much more talent then Bolden with his experience would be the one they would trust.  

Everyone thing else is just coach speak.  

We will see, this team is desperate for some juice.. they have none with Boldin.  I think you are wrong on this one weepaws, no way Boldin will be a large part of their plan. Maybe a bit more this week, but thats it. Harris and Stevens will be their thunder, and JJ the lightning. I would imagine they are excited about that

I’m sure I’ll be wrong some games and right some games. 

I know one thing about the Pats rb situation, it’s never the same game to game. 

Pretty solid team player James White has been. 8 years in the league so far. Whenever he hangs it up and retires, he can look back and say it was all a successful career. Throw in 3 rings as icing on the cake. 

32 minutes ago, Captain Goomy Noomy Roo said:

I think Harris will surprise!

I think Harris is going to be solid all season.   Wouldn't start him against Tampa, but he should be good this year.  

He will be a bit positive game-script dependent;   big deficits will take him out of game situations but they will feed him with leads.   

The main thing that will keep Harris out of the lineup is his current deficiencies in pass protection.  If he cleans that up, he's a bellcow, and if he doesn't, it stays ugly.

I have a hunch that R. Stevenson will be the feature back by midseason....maybe sooner.  If I had room, I would consider putting him on the bench.

1 hour ago, justforbeer said:

I have a hunch that R. Stevenson will be the feature back by midseason...

I don't know what makes you think Damien Harris is injury prone.

On 9/30/2021 at 3:10 PM, AxeElf said:

I don't know what makes you think Damien Harris is injury prone.

Never said he was injury prone. Although this year, just about every running backs going to get an injury.

I think the lack of preseason games and the longer season just increases the odds.

Maybe it will be fumbles, maybe it will be making mistakes like missing a pass protection. Things happen.

2 hours ago, justforbeer said:

Never said he was injury prone.

You implied it, by saying you thought that Stevenson would be the feature back by midseason.  Obviously, the only possible way that could happen would be if Harris were to be injured, and you sounded like you were certain it would happen.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/11/2021 at 4:16 PM, AxeElf said:

You implied it, by saying you thought that Stevenson would be the feature back by midseason.  Obviously, the only possible way that could happen would be if Harris were to be injured, and you sounded like you were certain it would happen.

HAHA, what are he first 3 letters of ASSume, elf?

2 hours ago, huskyhater75 said:

HAHA, what are he first 3 letters of ASSume, elf?

Never assassinate anyone, because you only make two asses out of Nate and I.

On 10/11/2021 at 4:16 PM, AxeElf said:

You implied it.  FACT.

Again, there are many reasons why another RB takes over lead duties.  In New England, you fumble a few times and your gone.  Miss pass protection or screw up or get stuffed 3x at the goal line. Next man up.

Stevenson just may surprise some people. Again, just my hunch.

3 hours ago, justforbeer said:

You implied it.  FACT.

Again, there are many reasons why another RB takes over lead duties.  In New England, you fumble a few times and your gone.  Miss pass protection or screw up or get stuffed 3x at the goal line. Next man up.

Stevenson just may surprise some people. Again, just my hunch.

Ya I have been sitting on him, I always felt he would get a shot. Dude is a beast