Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

If you have room, go ahead and grab Marlon Mack

Recommended Posts

Falcons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well, there are teams that can certainly use him.  I thought he was pretty good when he started.

but even if a trade happens tomorrow to a team where hed start, hes not likely putting up numbers until he learns the playbook.

likely 3 weeks minimum unless hes a real fast study

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Him and the colts have one hell of a sales pitch, “veteran running back coming back from career altering or ending injury.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think it will be that hard, teams will look at what he’s done. If they want to trade it should happen.  

Jets would be another fantastic spot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The price is likely minimal - might’ve a 7th.

San Diego I mean LA might be a spot too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, weepaws said:

I don’t think it will be that hard, teams will look at what he’s done. If they want to trade it should happen.  

Jets would be another fantastic spot. 

It’s not about what he’s done but what he will do and literally no NFL running back has returned to form after sustaining that injury. I mean literally with studies proving it.

https://www.sports-king.com/cam-akers-achilles-injury-running-backs-3091/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Falcons 

Jets. 

Seahawks. 

Saints. 

Why not throw in the Ravens. 

Chargers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Serenity Now said:

It’s not about what he’s done but what he will do and literally no NFL running back has returned to form after sustaining that injury. I mean literally with studies proving it.

https://www.sports-king.com/cam-akers-achilles-injury-running-backs-3091/

I think it will have more to do what he has done. 

So you don’t think a team will trade for him? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, weepaws said:

I think it will have more to do what he has done. 

So you don’t think a team will trade for him? 

I think a buyout is more likely. If they can trade him, it won’t be for much, and I don’t expect him to do much. It’s a one and done contract, but the colts may have to eat some of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, snatchit said:

actually the Pats need a RB

They must not think so; they just traded away a better one to the Rams.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is on the trade block, there is speculation on where he might go. For me, I hope he waits till after this weekend. One big injury in a great spot, could put him as a great starting fantasy RB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure where he could go and get the volume he’ll need. I mentioned this in the other thread and not to keep harping on it, but if people think he’ll be the same as before his Achilles injury, they may want to do some research on the history of that injury to Rbs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No I wouldn’t. He’ll be traded , doesn’t mean he’ll be healthier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I grabbed him simply hoping he'll be traded to a team where he'll have some perceived value, and the plan is to trade him to another owner ASAP before the world realizes he's not that good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2021 at 1:08 PM, AxeElf said:

They must not think so; they just traded away a better one to the Rams.

well they had an extra one, now they're down 1.

But yeah Mack's value is pretty minimal. I mean if he had value the Colts would just keep him as their backup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Serenity Now said:

Not sure where he could go and get the volume he’ll need. I mentioned this in the other thread and not to keep harping on it, but if people think he’ll be the same as before his Achilles injury, they may want to do some research on the history of that injury to Rbs 

The hope is the continued advancements in medicine will allow him to return to close to what he was. Admittedly pure speculation at this point.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DrG said:

The hope is the continued advancements in medicine will allow him to return to close to what he was. Admittedly pure speculation at this point.

I guess it possible and there’s probably going to be a first at some point, but as far as I know they’re still essentially winching the Achilles back down in order to repair it. I won’t pretend to be a dr, and know exactly what it is that causes it to be so detrimental, but until I see other wise, I have no reason to believe anything different.

I also think if the colts were confident in him, they’d at least put him out for a couple series to show case that he’s back to form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Donkey said:

well they had an extra one, now they're down 1.

But yeah Mack's value is pretty minimal. I mean if he had value the Colts would just keep him as their backup.

Nice for you explain it to the new guy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, snatchit said:

He is on the trade block, there is speculation on where he might go. For me, I hope he waits till after this weekend. One big injury in a great spot, could put him as a great starting fantasy RB

hey snatch, who would you value more as a stash: Mack or Stevenson? TIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2021 at 1:28 PM, jackjohn said:

49ers. Just because they like to hoard mediocre rbs almost as much as I do

Yeah I wouldn't mind them taking a shot on him. Achilles injuries are pretty tough for rbs though, but the state of our rbs right now.Shanny should take the risk on him. Sure someone will trade for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, nospk said:

Nice for you explain it to the new guy 

Happy to explain things to people who don't understand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2021 at 3:50 PM, Ray_T said:

well, there are teams that can certainly use him.  I thought he was pretty good when he started.

but even if a trade happens tomorrow to a team where hed start, hes not likely putting up numbers until he learns the playbook.

likely 3 weeks minimum unless hes a real fast study

 

Remember when Drake went to ARZ on a Wednsday then tore up like the Rams I think... on Sunday ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2021 at 7:37 PM, jrokh said:

hey snatch, who would you value more as a stash: Mack or Stevenson? TIA

Good question, I know some poo poo on my notion that Stevenson will be viable again. He blew doors in preseason like no other, if Harris goes down I like his chances. I believe Mack will wait until week 4 is over, to see who got hurt. Its usually someone, Mixon already got injured Monday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, snatchit said:

Good question, I know some poo poo on my notion that Stevenson will be viable again. He blew doors in preseason like no other, if Harris goes down I like his chances. I believe Mack will wait until week 4 is over, to see who got hurt. Its usually someone, Mixon already got injured Monday. 

Thanks. I dropped white for Stevenson, but wondering which has the better chance of contributing. Probably neither but one never knows…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jrokh said:

Thanks. I dropped white for Stevenson, but wondering which has the better chance of contributing. Probably neither but one never knows…

I think you are fine with Stevens as a stash and hope. NE has a good oline and they are built to run, Harris has had issues staying on field is past history

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stevenson is  the answer , until it’s not.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ESPN Jeremy Fowler reports KC is showing interest in trading for Indy's Marlon Mack with C.E.H out possibly out for a lengthy period,....In my opinion Mack would be a major upgrade over Williams & McKinnon ....KC in the the past took a shot at RB-Bell and now WR-Gordon showing interest in players with decent previous production....Mack would be a sneaky Fantasy Football waiver add with a potential  payoff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’ll just create a backfield that’s an usable for fantasy. None of them are very good and will need volume to be worth while. If I didn’t already have Williams stashed I’d just stay away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually feel like this isn’t going to happen. I think they are fine with what WILLIAMS brings and McKinnon otherwise I don’t think they would’ve activated Gore. And let’s be honest they are just gonna throw anyway. Why send picks over for a guy that doesn’t do anything really more than what you have already when Clyde won’t be gone forever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mack , if he is back to 100% off his injury , without a doubt is a proven better back than what they have filling in for C.E.H who could be out the next month or even longer...Mack also is a decent receiver...If they do trade for Mack, likely it would involve a day-3 pick {5th or 6th Rd} which is a minor price for a proven young RB... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, xxxdog said:

Mack , if he is back to 100% off his injury , without a doubt is a proven better back than what they have filling in for C.E.H who could be out the next month or even longer...Mack also is a decent receiver...If they do trade for Mack, likely it would involve a day-3 pick {5th or 6th Rd} which is a minor price for a proven young RB... 

Again, backs are never 100% after that injury. It has never happened. There’s a reason he only has 20 carries on the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t see him being 100% nor would Mack be 100% KC rb1.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×