Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Tom Brady needs 68 yards to break passing record. Will he get it this week?

37 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Cowdog doesn't follow the nfl, he follows people magazine. 

Moo

22 hours ago, Herbivore said:

Nice game Pats!  could have won, covered spread.

Went from the most dominant team in 20 years and Super Bowls only mattering to moral victories :lol:

BB and TB met for 23 minutes in private after the game. Who lasted longer?

5 minutes ago, edjr said:

Went from the most dominant team in 20 years and Super Bowls only mattering to moral victories :lol:

Brady played pretty crappy.  Most of that is his fault, the rest on Arians/Leftwich.  He was overthrowing guys all night.  My guess is that it was pouring and he couldn't get a good grip on the ball.  Of course, Jones wasn't having that problem, but he also wasn't throwing the ball 20+ yards downfield all night... which is the coaching aspect.  Why was Leftwich calling plays that had multiple guys running 20 yard routes all night?  Very poor game plan and very poor execution.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Brady played pretty crappy.  Most of that is his fault, the rest on Arians/Leftwich.  He was overthrowing guys all night.  My guess is that it was pouring and he couldn't get a good grip on the ball.  Of course, Jones wasn't having that problem, but he also wasn't throwing the ball 20+ yards downfield all night... which is the coaching aspect.  Why was Leftwich calling plays that had multiple guys running 20 yard routes all night?  Very poor game plan and very poor execution.

You really think Leftwich has pull over TB?  It was TB's game plan and he wanted to slaughter them

14 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I wonder if Brady would have done all those long hugs/handshakes after the game if he lost

Not a chance. 

35 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Brady is 43 and still winning. Every player has bad games. The fact that most people expect perfection from TB and get upset/talk Sh1t about him when he isn’t perfect in a game tells you just how good and dominant he’s been

48 minutes ago, edjr said:

this is dumb on Felger and Mazz level.

2 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

this is dumb on Felger and Mazz level.

you're happy to lose?

1 hour ago, edjr said:

You really think Leftwich has pull over TB?  It was TB's game plan and he wanted to slaughter them

Arians, Leftwich, and Brady are all involved in the offensive game plan, but yes, Leftwich does have pull over Brady.  Arians has made that clear.  That said, Brady has does have free reign to change the play at the line.  If Leftwich calls for a play with a certain personnel grouping, then Brady can only audible to other plays with that grouping.  Of course, he could call time out, if he'd rather have a different grouping, but how many of those are you really going to do?  You only get 3 timeouts per half and QB's, as well as coaches, hate using them outside of 2 and 4 minutes before the half/game.

It's Leftwich's job to watch the game and see that all of these long routes aren't working because the ball is sailing on Brady.  It's his job to put personnel packages on the field for a more conservative game plan because of the rain.  That's Leftwich's fault if he doesn't address that.

53 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Brady is 43 and still winning. Every player has bad games. The fact that most people expect perfection from TB and get upset/talk Sh1t about him when he isn’t perfect in a game tells you just how good and dominant he’s been

I don't expect perfection, I expect him to be "average" Tom Brady.  Could he have a "below average" (Tom Brady), game?  Certainly.  But Sunday night... he sucked.  There's no way around that.  He sucked.  I don't think I've really ever seen him suck.  I don't even think it had anything to do with Belichick.  It was Tom Brady.  Belichick didn't force Brady to throw 20+ yard passes all night.  He clearly wasn't getting a good grip on the ball.  Yeah, I understand it was the rain.  Fine, then try throwing the ball 7 to 10 yards.  Jones wasn't having a problem doing that.

17 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I don't expect perfection, I expect him to be "average" Tom Brady.  Could he have a "below average" (Tom Brady), game?  Certainly.  But Sunday night... he sucked.  There's no way around that.  He sucked.  I don't think I've really ever seen him suck.  I don't even think it had anything to do with Belichick.  It was Tom Brady.  Belichick didn't force Brady to throw 20+ yard passes all night.  He clearly wasn't getting a good grip on the ball.  Yeah, I understand it was the rain.  Fine, then try throwing the ball 7 to 10 yards.  Jones wasn't having a problem doing that.

Oh no not you but I’ve seen others expect it and when he doesn’t they trash him 

3 hours ago, edjr said:

you're happy to lose?

every team loses.  how many had a 20 year run.  pats were not going to bowl with brady, the needed to reload, and that meant a rook QB, who looks like he has the goods.  

On 10/3/2021 at 10:52 PM, dogcows said:

He wasn’t the head coach

Link to where you said “head coach”? You said he can’t win a Superbowl without Brady. Dude won two with LT. 

20 hours ago, tikigods said:

Link to where you said “head coach”? You said he can’t win a Superbowl without Brady. Dude won two with LT. 

When talking about a coach’s record, nobody is talking about their days as an assistant. Get real. We’ve seen plenty of assistant coaches who do well who then get a chance at head coach… and fail. I don’t see anybody calling Matt Patricia or Josh McDaniels “super bowl winning coaches” because of their days as assistants.

On 10/8/2021 at 7:40 PM, dogcows said:

When talking about a coach’s record, nobody is talking about their days as an assistant. Get real. We’ve seen plenty of assistant coaches who do well who then get a chance at head coach… and fail. I don’t see anybody calling Matt Patricia or Josh McDaniels “super bowl winning coaches” because of their days as assistants.

Any coach that wins a Superbowl is a Superbowl winning coach. 

I almost started Rodgers over TB12 this week...  glad I didn't