Sign in to follow this  
tikigods

Many Saints of Newark

Do you need to have watched all of the Sopranos before watching?  More importantly are there any spoilers for the series?

My wife and I are currently in S3 so we won't be done watching prior to the movie leaving HBO Max on Oct 31.  

1 minute ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Do we need more then three post about that crap movie ?

I did a search and this is the one that came up. :dunno:

Care to answer my question? 

3 minutes ago, DonS said:

I did a search and this is the one that came up. :dunno:

Care to answer my question? 

What is your question ? Search engine must sux been mentioned at least  3 times on here and first time before it came out. All good Bro. though and did you like the movie ?

16 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

What is your question ? Search engine must sux been mentioned at least  3 times on here and first time before it came out. All good Bro. though and did you like the movie ?

I was just happy search function worked for once so I pounced on the first hit.  I know there was a longer thread but was worried about spoilers for the series....

This was my question:

Do you need to have watched all of the Sopranos before watching? More importantly are there any spoilers for the series?

My wife and I are currently in S3 so we won't be done watching prior to the movie leaving HBO Max on Oct 31.  

4 minutes ago, DonS said:

I was just happy search function worked for once so I pounced on the first hit.  I know there was a longer thread but was worried about spoilers for the series....

This was my question:

Do you need to have watched all of the Sopranos before watching? More importantly are there any spoilers for the series?

No I don't think you need to watch the series first and if you did you will hate the movie more!

10 hours ago, DonS said:

This was my question:

don't even watch that abomination of a movie. hth

• Like 1

On 10/21/2021 at 10:36 PM, DonS said:

Do you need to have watched all of the Sopranos before watching?  More importantly are there any spoilers for the series?

No

Turned it off maybe 30 mins in. Awful :(  I really wanted to like it

On 10/21/2021 at 10:36 PM, DonS said:

No, the movie is pretty much stand-alone. There are some things that are covered in the movie that Tony reflects on during the series, but they aren't spoilers. 

10 minutes ago, edjr said:

Turned it off maybe 30 mins in. Awful :(  I really wanted to like it

I didn't think it was awful, it just wasn't The Sopranos---IMO. The series set the bar pretty high and they didn't come close to clearing it.  And it really dragged in places...pacing wasn't good.

Thanks everyone for the info.  Will probably fire it up before it leaves HBO Max then.