Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Most overused words during a sports broadcast

Recommended Posts

Momentum
Tough/Toughess
Physical

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Circus catch

Pin their ears back 

Downhill runner 

Deceptively quick

He's going to feel that on in the morning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back back back back back back back back back back backBack back back back back back back back back back backBack back back back back back back back back back backBack back back back back back back back back back backBack back back back back back back back back back backBack back back back back back back back back back backBack back back back back back back back back back backBack back back back back back back back back back backBack back back back back back back back back back backBack back back back back back back back back back backBack back back back back back back back back back backBack back back back back back back back back back backBack back back back back back back back back back backBack back back back back back back back back back backBack back back back back back back back back back back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Back back back back back back back back back back backBack back back back back back back back back back backBack back back back back back back back back back backBack back back back back back back back back back backBack back back back back back back back back back backBack back back back back back back back back back backBack back back back back back back back back back backBack back back back back back back back back back backBack back back back back back back back back back backBack back back back back back back back back back backBack back back back back back back back back back backBack back back back back back back back back back backBack back back back back back back back back back backBack back back back back back back back back back backBack back back back back back back back back back back

We don't care what you yell when he asks where you want his load.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Momentum. There is not a close second. I doubt there has been a single quarter of football in the last 20 years where that word was not used. I’m willing to bet most of them don’t even know what it means. 

 

Side note: I am sure that almost everyone who uses the word “exponentially” has no idea what it means. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, frank said:

Momentum. There is not a close second. I doubt there has been a single quarter of football in the last 20 years where that word was not used. I’m willing to bet most of them don’t even know what it means. 

 

Side note: I am sure that almost everyone who uses the word “exponentially” has no idea what it means. 

and there is no such thing as momentum in sports, it is all bullsh1t. it only takes 1 play in any sport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, edjr said:

Momentum
Tough/Toughess
Physical

Crap, I was just thinking about this 2 days ago when I heard a snippet from a game broadcast where a broadcaster was yelling, "HE MADE AN ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE PLAY!!!"

Seems every week there are 50 UNBELIEVABLE plays.  When are people going to start believing them? :dunno:

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Handles it in the gap.
He made it to second base.
Slipped one thru the 5 hole.
Pulling the goalie.
The guy has to take a blow.
He pounded it right in there.
Hes a man among boys.
He punched it into their endzone.
Brady tucked his ball.
He's riding pine.
After further review, the ball did not pop out.
He lost his ball in their endzone.
The runner got to touch the ball 20 times tonite.
The punter tried to kick balls but was blocked.
If the receiver can get a hand on the quarterbacks balls, he should always grab them.
Lamar Jackson is amazing!  You don't know where his balls are and he is so quick!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, edjr said:

and there is no such thing as momentum in sports, it is all bullsh1t. it only takes 1 play in any sport.

I think the word momentum can be applied accurately in sports, but not every single time there is an important play. 

Also, teams don’t need to get the momentum, they need the ball and points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JustinCharge said:

Handles it in the gap.
He made it to second base.
Slipped one thru the 5 hole.
Pulling the goalie.
The guy has to take a blow.
He pounded it right in there.
Hes a man among boys.
He punched it into their endzone.
Brady tucked his ball.
He's riding pine.
After further review, the ball did not pop out.
He lost his ball in their endzone.
The runner got to touch the ball 20 times tonite.
The punter tried to kick balls but was blocked.
If the receiver can get a hand on the quarterbacks balls, he should always grab them.
Lamar Jackson is amazing!  You don't know where his balls are and he is so quick!

 

Take a lap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, frank said:

I think the word momentum can be applied accurately in sports, but not every single time there is an important play. 

Also, teams don’t need to get the momentum, they need the ball and points. 

Oh the Pitcher has the MOMENTUM NOW!  Next pitch, home run.  Oh well, nice try

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Without a doubt.... "[Insert name here] may be the best player at [insert position here] in all of football."

If you pay attention to how many times it's said over the course of any game, pretty much every player in the NFL "may be" the greatest ever at their position.  (Exaggerated slightly for effect.)

Focking Collinsworthless may be the one who overuses that sentiment on an annual basis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Football team”

Oh!!  Is that the sport I’m watching?!!?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Momemtum was said no less than 7 times during the Red Sox game last night

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Troy said momentum 5 times in the 1st half last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“That’s one that (qb name) is gonna want to have back” - said after the qb missed a throw usually with a receiver wide open for a td 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×