bfros

Carson and A.Collins question

for those watching the Seattle game, what's up with Carson? Is he hurt or just not being used? Why is Alex Collins getting so much run? 

Looks like it's just one of those unfortunate weeks for fantasy owners in which they don't need him, and therefore, aren't risking him.

19 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Looks like it's just one of those unfortunate weeks for fantasy owners in which they don't need him, and therefore, aren't risking him.

I don’t get it 

Yes You’re playing from behind but why wouldn’t you have your #1 offensive  players on the field ?

It looked to me like they were just running the hot hand.

Sux for fantasy players. But as a Seattle fan. That is an awesome 1-2 punch

3 hours ago, Kopy said:

It looked to me like they were just running the hot hand.

Sux for fantasy players. But as a Seattle fan. That is an awesome 1-2 punch

I live in Seattle but I’m not from here so I’m not a fan but I watch a lot of games.  Carson and Collins are not an “awesome” 1-2 punch.  

meh

Very concern Carson owner.  

6 hours ago, handbanana said:

I live in Seattle but I’m not from here so I’m not a fan but I watch a lot of games.  Carson and Collins are not an “awesome” 1-2 punch.  

meh

Maybe you're right. I don't care enough to argue. But I've always been a Collins fan. Loved him during the draft that year. On the flipside, I thought nothing of Penny, and still hate the wasted pick on him.

So to me, this is an awesome 1-2 punch. Especially when you see a touchdown run like the one he had yesterday. That was great, and popped me right out of my chair. I also noticed Carson one of the first guys to run into the end zone to celebrate with Collins.

If Carson goes down, I have no faith in Penny. Now if Carson goes down, I don't feel all is lost in the run game with Collins.

Carson and Collins gives me a Chris Warren, John L William's type fuzzy feeling combo.

I think most are just reading into this too much. They play on Thursday and to me it's simply them managing reps and keeping Carson fresh for the short week. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, cdogge said:

I think most are just reading into this too much. They play on Thursday and to me it's simply them managing reps and keeping Carson fresh for the short week. 

Winner winner chicken dinner.

I don’t think that matters much to me if they where keeping him fresh on a short week. 

I think Collins will still get work on a short week also.  

2 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I don’t think that matters much to me if they where keeping him fresh on a short week. 

I think Collins will still get work on a short week also.  

huh? I mean it would matter if that's in fact what they were doing. It's a long season and Carson runs angry. 

I would also expect to see Collins get some work on Thursday... but again... to me that's because of the short week. They'll have 10 days to rest up and I would expect to see Carson back to the normal role. 

I think it is what they where doing also, but not just for the reason of a short week, like you said , Carson runs tough and Collins showed that he is capable of producing, so as a Carson owner I’m concern that’s going to take place going foward.  

It’s a situation that volatility should be expected. Every year they seem to give some depth piece rb more work than expected certain weeks. Carson will still be fine, but this isn’t anything new in Seattle.

30 minutes ago, handbanana said:

So far Carson def has not lived up to his lofty draft status that’s for sure 

I'm not sure where Carson was being drafted in your leagues, but he generally had a late-3rd, early 4th ADP as the 17th RB off the board in the rest of the universe.

As the RB11 going into Week 4, Carson had outperformed his "lofty" draft status each week until this one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

I'm not sure where Carson was being drafted in your leagues, but he generally had a late-3rd, early 4th ADP as the 17th RB off the board in the rest of the universe.

As the RB11 going into Week 4, Carson had outperformed his "lofty" draft status each week until this one.

3 out of 4 games of high production is really good, but what’s the average? 

27 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

3 out of 4 games of high production is really good, but what’s the average? 

13.8 going into Week 4; 11.3 including it (half-PPR).

I'm a homer so take it for what its worth but Carson wasn't getting anything done in the early part of the game, and Collins started making things happen in the running game in the second half.  It was partly game flow in that the first half the 49ers defense DOMINATED the Seahawks.  The Seahawks didn't get their first, first down till late in the second quarter it was brutal to watch.   So for now I would chock it up to a weird game flow and Collins got some reps after Wilson started making some plays. 

If it was me in charge I would be using Collins and Carson alternating series.   Collins has looked like the best back on our roster all through preseason, but still preseason scrubs ya know? 

But before you go adding Collins you have to remember we have a completely lame and incompetent first round pick in Penny. And he came into the season the defacto back up because our GM lacks the balls to cut a busted 1st round pick.   So not a clear situation at all but if I had a deep bench I might add Collins since Carson usually gets dinged up around this time anyways.  I am pretty sure Carrol has given up on Penny and we only see him out there a couple plays a game but none in the last couple weeks, but in my opinion he should have been cut in preseason instead of making the roster.

Another factor and I am not much of a scheme guy but Carson is a power back which Carrol loves but our new offensive coordinator is from the Rams and to my novice eyes it looks like a one cut and go is more effective.  Carson doesn't make people miss, Collins does.

If somebody is knows much about blocking techniques and can weigh in on this?  I suspect we are working in more zone blocking on the runs and the offensive line is playing much better this year.  Or it could be we are using the stretch run play that requires a faster back?  I just don't get the X's and O's of blocking but again Collins is making wickedly fast cuts, its impressive.

This just seems like a lot of overanalysis over 1 aberrant week.  Carson was clicking along exactly as expected through three weeks until he had an off week.  Everyone has them.  Tyreek Hill stiffed his owners with 3 for 14 a couple of weeks ago; yesterday he's the #1 overall fantasy player.

If Carson strings together 2 or 3 bad weeks, then there's cause for concern, but there's nothing to see here at the moment.

Maybe not, but I think this could be a problem as a Carson owner. 

Mmm tough one.  

Why would the Bears be monitoring Carson neck issue? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 10/4/2021 at 8:31 AM, Kopy said:

Carson and Collins gives me a Chris Warren, John L William's type fuzzy feeling combo.

Now that's old school

• Thanks 1

So do Carson owners pickup Collins for the Thursday night game ?

Seems like Carson will be the lead back when healthy, but I don't have any other RB options, other then picking up Latavious. but he may only be a short time RB in Baltimore, with Bell coming

Given that it’s a short week, and it’s being reported that Carson is dealing with a neck issue, and if you don’t have anyone else, then yes I would pick up Collins.  

• Like 1

I picked Collins up... mostly because it's a thursday night game. If the timeshare continues I'll hold him for a couple weeks. If not, I'll drop him tomorrow night and add somebody else for the weekend. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, plasma george said:

So do Carson owners pickup Collins for the Thursday night game ?

Seems like Carson will be the lead back when healthy, but I don't have any other RB options, other then picking up Latavious. but he may only be a short time RB in Baltimore, with Bell coming

Picking up the lead RB for the NFL team that runs the ball more than any other does seem like it would warrant a little more consideration than you're giving it.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Picking up the lead RB for the NFL team that runs the ball more than any other does seem like it would warrant a little more consideration than you're giving it.

Agreed for one game, and I need help bad with Monty my other RB.  Latavious could be serviceable all year.

3 hours ago, cdogge said:

I picked Collins up... mostly because it's a thursday night game. If the timeshare continues I'll hold him for a couple weeks. If not, I'll drop him tomorrow night and add somebody else for the weekend. 

Yep that’s what I did too. Guy im playing has Carson so it was a no-brainer. Nobody grabbed  gainwell yet so I’ll probably drop him during the game or just after for him. Smart play.

I’ve never been in a league that you can drop a player during a game he’s playing in, that’s interesting. 

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

Given that it’s a short week, and it’s being reported that Carson is dealing with a neck issue, and if you don’t have anyone else, then yes I would pick up Collins.  

Yep, on the injury list with a neck issue.  Given Carson's injury history, and the Hawk's issues with RB injuries the past few years, I would not be surprised at all if Carson is out and Collins is the lead back Thursday with a few carries from DeeJay Dallas and 3rd down duty from Homer.  

Whether the Hawks can run on the Rams is another story.  As a Hawks fan I worry it will be Wilson running for his life most of the game.

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I’ve never been in a league that you can drop a player during a game he’s playing in, that’s interesting. 

On Yahoo if he’s on your bench you can drop him for anybody playing on Sunday or Monday. So when I can I usually throw a flyer on a back up on the Thursday night game, then a Sunday game and if none of them pan out a Monday game.

Find that very interesting. 

13 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

On Yahoo if he’s on your bench you can drop him for anybody playing on Sunday or Monday. So when I can I usually throw a flyer on a back up on the Thursday night game, then a Sunday game and if none of them pan out a Monday game.

Correct... except for the Monday game part. Everything locks-up at 12pm CST (sunday) in our yahoo league. But yes... Thursday night games are actually interesting to watch because if somebody gets hurt the fastest person to the WW list can pickup whoever they want. 

On a different note... I hope they rest Carson this week. If he plays I'm probably not going to play either one of them (carson or collins) and throw Zack Moss in there instead. 

2 hours ago, cdogge said:

Everything locks-up at 12pm CST (sunday) in our yahoo league. But yes... Thursday night games are actually interesting to watch because if somebody gets hurt the fastest person to the WW list can pickup whoever they want. 

You can pick up players from other teams, but the two teams playing Thursday night are locked when their game starts.  So if Carson goes down on the first series, you can't run and pick up Collins for the rest of the game or something like that.  If Justin Fields wrecks his Ferrari on Thursday night, then you can go pick up Dalton for free--but injuries during the game itself won't give you any advantage--you won't be able to claim players from those teams until Tuesday night.

Short week and scuttlebutt the injury involves a herniated disc.

I expect Carson to sit and Collins to be the lead back tonight.