bfros

Carson and A.Collins question

As one heavily invested in Carson, this doesn't sound good--especially the part at the end about it being potentially season-ending.

• Thanks 2

No it doesn’t and if a valid concern, it could be more than just a season concern.

3 hours ago, AxeElf said:

You can pick up players from other teams, but the two teams playing Thursday night are locked when their game starts.  So if Carson goes down on the first series, you can't run and pick up Collins for the rest of the game or something like that.  If Justin Fields wrecks his Ferrari on Thursday night, then you can go pick up Dalton for free--but injuries during the game itself won't give you any advantage--you won't be able to claim players from those teams until Tuesday night.

That's incorrect. 

If Carson goes down first series you can most-certainly go pick up Collins.... you wouldn't be able to insert him into the lineup.... But in the event of a season-ending injury whoever gets to the WW first gets their guy regardless of where you are on the ww priority. 

As the commissioner of our Yahoo league I've been asked about it multiple times... but I've left it alone. Our league is ultra competitive.. so when games are being played.. you need to pay attention. 

Most leagues don't work like that.  Once a game starts every player in that game is on waivers until the waiver period ends.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nobody said:

Most leagues don't work like that.  Once a game starts every player in that game is on waivers until the waiver period ends.

Yeah I realize that... Which is why I like it. Something a little different and gives me a reason to watch what are normally sh*t-shows on thursday night. 

24 minutes ago, cdogge said:

That's incorrect. 

If Carson goes down first series you can most-certainly go pick up Collins.... you wouldn't be able to insert him into the lineup.... But in the event of a season-ending injury whoever gets to the WW first gets their guy regardless of where you are on the ww priority. 

As the commissioner of our Yahoo league I've been asked about it multiple times... but I've left it alone. Our league is ultra competitive.. so when games are being played.. you need to pay attention. 

that's the worst idea ever, imo. If Free Agent players do not lock when their games start and one can simply run to the waivers right when an injury happens and pick up the injured guys backup, that encourages what's called "vulturing". Owners that have no life and the time to sit and watch every play of each game on the box scores or live on TV have a disproprotiately MASSIVE advantage over other owners. Vulturing is a terrible idea. I once played in a league where the rules were set to allow for that, and there were a couple owners (I was one) who dominated the league because we vultured backups left and right every week. Waivers on Tue night were often meaningless. I guess if everyone is okay with that, then fine, but I doubt all owners can vulture equally well, so it creates massive advantages for some.  I miss that league. I dominated, but even I can admit it was wholly unfair. It also takes away the very important strategic nature of waivers and FAB and all that, which is a key part of fantasy in my opinion.  

12 minutes ago, bfros said:

that's the worst idea ever, imo. If Free Agent players do not lock when their games start and one can simply run to the waivers right when an injury happens and pick up the injured guys backup, that encourages what's called "vulturing". Owners that have no life and the time to sit and watch every play of each game on the box scores or live on TV have a disproprotiately MASSIVE advantage over other owners. Vulturing is a terrible idea. I once played in a league where the rules were set to allow for that, and there were a couple owners (I was one) who dominated the league because we vultured backups left and right every week. Waivers on Tue night were often meaningless. I guess if everyone is okay with that, then fine, but I doubt all owners can vulture equally well, so it creates massive advantages for some.  I miss that league. I dominated, but even I can admit it was wholly unfair. It also takes away the very important strategic nature of waivers and FAB and all that, which is a key part of fantasy in my opinion.  

Calm down bruh... It's just for the 2 teams on Thursday. Everybody else goes on waivers at 12CST Sunday like every other basic league in existence.  

21 minutes ago, bfros said:

Amen. 

23 minutes ago, cdogge said:

Calm down bruh... It's just for the 2 teams on Thursday. Everybody else goes on waivers at 12CST Sunday like every other basic league in existence.  

Sorry.  We can't live in a world where such a league exists.  Please have the rules changed ASAP.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nobody said:

And that's what all standard Yahoo leagues do.  I guess this guy has his own custom league or something; kind of like a standard league, but dumber.

I'm starting Collins over Emmanuel Sanders just to get a little action in tonight's game.  I expect they'll score about the same, but I think Collins is going to end up with about 15 touches for 70 or so yards, so I'll be hoping that he can manage to fall into the endzone.  I can't imagine starting a guy who hasn't done anything relevant since 2018 makes a ton of sense.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Going Collins over Patterson in one league. And Collins in another over possibly Mixon or Edmonds.  Lets go!!

Even with both Ridley and Gage out? 

Doesn’t look good for Mixon or Edmonds to play this weekend.  

I really like Sanders this weekend.  

Mayfield is hurting , that’s going to be a pain to Beckham’s production. 

Hey good and luck.  

10 minutes ago, weepaws said:

muddies the water even more for me. Cook doesn't practice I have Mattison in juicy matchup, Edmonds DNP I have Conner, Mixon Q I have Perine, Carson out i have Collins. Already Starting Lockett and am leaning toward Conner and Mattison.

10 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Hey good and luck.  

Yep I agree. We’ll see, gives me some rooting interest tonight. 

38 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Going Collins over Patterson in one league. And Collins in another over possibly Mixon or Edmonds.  Lets go!!

No you did not! you're benching patty? cmon man!!!

• Like 1

On 10/7/2021 at 4:25 PM, weepaws said:

Hey good and luck.  

My only concern with Sanders this weekend is that I noticed in these big games, teams like to throw the defense a curve ball by zigging when the other team expects a zag.  I wouldn't be surprised if Gabriel Davis gets heavy usage just because he's been relatively quiet so far.

2 hours ago, Mile High Magic said:

muddies the water even more for me. Cook doesn't practice I have Mattison in juicy matchup, Edmonds DNP I have Conner, Mixon Q I have Perine, Carson out i have Collins. Already Starting Lockett and am leaning toward Conner and Mattison.

I like Mattison with Cook sitting out of course and Conner.  

57 minutes ago, handbanana said:

Collins runs hard but is small, doesn’t break tackles, and is JAG

His vision is absolutely terrible.  I imagine that's why he never moved passed JAG territory to begin with.

14 hours ago, weepaws said:

14 hours ago, purplengold47 said:

No you did not! you're benching patty? cmon man!!!

Yeah, probably not my best decision. I've been reluctant to fully trust Patty. I'll be rooting for him though, makes my team stronger (and hope the poor move doesn't cost me the week)

On 10/7/2021 at 1:27 PM, bfros said:

Yes that’s true was in my work league and I did exactly that - made true owners very pissed off and Commish changed the settings the very next week

Collins ( I have Carson)might have gotten pretty nice night if Geno could have just checked down those last 3 plays on that drive Collins was wide left open could have easily got within a TD except Geno wanted to go end zone was  bummed he didn’t get a TD with that decent yardage - was able to grab Collins and (I have  miles sanders )& got his back up last week and  mattison also last week 

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, SF Forty Niners said:

Collins ( I have Carson)might have gotten pretty nice night if Geno could have just checked down those last 3 plays on that drive Collins was wide left open could have easily got within a TD except Geno wanted to go end zone was  bummed he didn’t get a TD with that decent yardage - was able to grab Collins and (I have  miles sanders )& got his back up last week and  mattison also last week 

😆

3 hours ago, handbanana said:

In his non-throwing shoulder 

First two games without the non throwing shoulder problem he had a competition rating of 82%. 

Last two games 53%.  

I think Mayfield is going to be missing games here real soon.  

6 hours ago, handbanana said:

In his non-throwing shoulder 

True but it still seems to have affected him.

On 10/8/2021 at 8:19 PM, DrG said:

True but it still seems to have affected him.

It’s possible that he’s worried about contact but it shouldn’t effect his throwing at all.  Perhaps he’s just played like doo doo the last two games?  TBD 

Based on the fact his completion % has dropped 30% since the injury I think it has effected is throwing, and his production. 

Thanks. 

Correlation is not causation.  2 games is not a big enough sample-size.  A genius like you should know this.

Fortunately for you, I’ve had labral tears in both shoulders and had both operated on.  One shoulder does not effect the other and vice versa.  As I said, he may be worried about getting hit and taken down to the ground hard.  

TBD.  

We agree.  

Thanks. 

I'd imagine having a torn labrum would effect how you sleep.  That could have an impact on his play as well.

Very good game today, it took a couple of games to get comfortable with the injury , even though it’s not his passing arm.