Sign in to follow this  
handbanana

Damien Williams - what % of FAB would you use on him?

Given Montgomery’s injury is probably season-ending as well as Williams’s 3-down skill set this seems like the best FA opportunity of the season so far.  Who knows if another stud RB will go down who has a potential stud behind them (Dillon, Jones, etc), so strike while the iron is hot or continue to be patient and wait for an even better opportunity later in the season?  

I’m don’t think I want to offer %50+ of my budget but I suspect that’s what it will take to secure him… thoughts? 

1 hour ago, handbanana said:

Given Montgomery’s injury is probably season-ending as well as Williams’s 3-down skill set this seems like the best FA opportunity of the season so far.  Who knows if another stud RB will go down who has a potential stud behind them (Dillon, Jones, etc), so strike while the iron is hot or continue to be patient and wait for an even better opportunity later in the season?  

I’m don’t think I want to offer %50+ of my budget but I suspect that’s what it will take to secure him… thoughts? 

Link please, this is the only update I have seen. Your info, if accurate, would make a big difference in how much I would spend. 
Per Ian Rapoport, RB David Montgomery, who left with a knee injury, will have an MRI tomorrow, a source said. The initial belief based on early tests is that the hyperextended knee did not lead to a major injury.

I saw a tweet this morning that said they don’t believe he tore his all but are doing further testing. If Montgomery is done for the year 50+% is warranted. If Montgomery  is going to miss a couple weeks he’ll go for a similar price as Hubbard did. 

I wouldn’t go spend to much on D Williams, they have a good rookie rb , can’t think of his name , that might be introduced to the nfl if Montgomery misses time.  Which it sounds like Montgomery will be missing some games. 

Oh wow, yeah, if it’s just a bruise than this thread is shot.  Figured for sure his injury was more significant than that.  Sorry all!

1 hour ago, handbanana said:

Oh wow, yeah, if it’s just a bruise than this thread is shot.  Figured for sure his injury was more significant than that.  Sorry all!

I thought it was bad, as my leaguemates we're texting me, "too bad, out for year", but he was bending it while on the ground, and I thought that was a good sign.

It was originally feared to be a torn ACL, but they've kind of backed off of that for now and are just calling it "hyperextended" awaiting the MRI results.

I think it was D Williams that had the thigh bruise.  

My gut tells me Montgomery will miss at the very least 3 weeks, but prob longer. Hyperextended knee means some ligament damage. He has a week 10 bye. Wouldn't be surprised if he misses 5 weeks and comes back week 11. 

Damian Williams will get the starting job if his quad is okay. And the rookie dude, Khalil Herbert, is not bad. Good size, smooth runner, and very strong burst. If Damian Williams misses any time (doesn't sound like he will miss much, but even just one game), Herbert could impress and steal the job or at least create the dreaded split backfield cluster-F. 

I also wonder if the Bears get desperate and trade for Mack from Colts. Prob not, unless Montgomery is out a while and Damian can't get his quad right, but I wonder. 

I'll probably throw out a 40% bid unless there is new info.

Actually handcuffed Williams to Montgomery (figured only a matter of time).  Umm don’t know if Williams (if Ok) sees my lineup right away anyway.  I will look at matchups.  I have Hunt to flex which in a way helps do I play Monty or Hunt.  Of course played Monty last week strike one and Hunt this week strike two. 

Might happen of Montgomery is going to miss more then a couple of weeks. 

K Herbert is a target of mine. N

This will be one of those situations where everyone grabs the guy then the other guy has a big game.

42 minutes ago, weepaws said:

K Herbert is a target of mine. N

Looks like he's a very good kick returner. 9 for 234 yds  26.0 average.

But only 3 carries & zero receptions. Of course that will improve now.

Williams (5' 11"/224 lbs) would appear 2 b the bruiser, & Herbert (5' 9"/204 lbs) a possible change of pace/3rd down back ?

What do you like about him ?

I'm not wasting my waiver priority from the 1 spot on him. I wouldn't go crazy with FA money either. 4 weeks right? Damien Williams isn't as good as Montgomery, and the Bears like sucks.

14 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I'm not wasting my waiver priority from the 1 spot on him. I wouldn't go crazy with FA money either. 4 weeks right? Damien Williams isn't as good as Montgomery, and the Bears like sucks.

Yeah I don’t really like the match ups for a couple of those weeks that you’re renting him and then he has a bye week. And like you said the offense pretty much sucks ass. I think I’d rather have Kenny gainwell if he’s available. Or even Latavius Murray

I'm not in any leagues that use FAB, but just based on the knowledge that Montgomery is only out for 4-5 weeks tells me that unless you need a 4 to 5 week stop gap, you shouldn't bother wasting any FAB.

The price for a 15 touch+ RB even if it’s only a month is gonna be high. If you have a good record probably no reason to spend it, but if you are hurting you might as well, what do you have to lose?

6 minutes ago, jrokh said:

The price for a 15 touch+ RB even if it’s only a month is gonna be high. If you have a good record probably no reason to spend it, but if you are hurting you might as well, what do you have to lose?

Fair…just not a fan of a bad offense seeing Bucs, Niners, steelers, BYE, Ravens…he does catch the ball though.

Like Herbert more, I see that D Williams has a thigh bruise might be a bother going forward, and if more so if he gets more touches.  

Plus I have no shot at D Williams in two league, no FAAB. But I might be able to pick up Herbert. Plus I can let go of dead weight.  

My 14 team we use FAAB , Herbert should be cheaper and  I own Montgomery and I don’t really need him to carry my team, but one never knows what’s going to happen and you else I have might get injured. 

Plus i simply have a feeling the Rookie is going to get his fair share of the load.