Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

Chargers enter tonite almost a super bowl team - team of the decade?

1 hour ago, posty said:

LA Kings have won two Stanley Cups...

i do not view hockey as a major sport in the USA.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bert said:

Okay, but it is...

19 hours ago, DonS said:

As long as Keenan Allen helps me snatch victory from the jaws of defeat this week I'll call them anything you want.  :thumbsup:

he sucks. Dink and dunk. he should be on the patriots, would go great with dinkndunk Jones

1 minute ago, posty said:

Okay, but it is...

I disagree, there are 3 major sports.  Hockey is the top of the next tier.  Hell golf may be more popular than hockey. :dunno: 

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

he sucks. Dink and dunk. he should be on the patriots, would go great with dinkndunk Jones

Yep. While the targets are there, a 7 for 36 statline sure isn't getting it done for my WR1.  :mad:

4 hours ago, Bert said:

ive thought a lot about how to fix hockey.  the real problem is I dont think casual fans know what they are looking at.  my instinct tells me that there should be a graphic displaying shots on goal which emphasizes which team is being the aggressor. you can display SOG for the game and for the period.  if SOG is always displayed in a bug on the screen, you can turn it on at any moment and instantly understand what is going on.  

one of the quirks you figure out when you pay attention to SOG is that the winning team is often not the aggressor.  usually they go passive and play defense once the lead is established.  i think that's a bad thing for the sport.  its the only sport where the passive team is the one that wins.  usually one team takes a lead and then sits on it, with the other team playing super hard to catch up.  thats what needs fixing it hockey.  its almost like you need to do some sort of tennis rules, where you play 3 periods as sets.  after every period, the score is reset to 0-0.  that encourages more aggressive play from both sides.  you get 1 point in the standings for every period you win, plus 1 point if you win the majority of periods.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

ive thought a lot about how to fix hockey.  the real problem is I dont think casual fans know what they are looking at.  my instinct tells me that there should be a graphic displaying shots on goal which emphasizes which team is being the aggressor. you can display SOG for the game and for the period.  if SOG is always displayed in a bug on the screen, you can turn it on at any moment and instantly understand what is going on.  

one of the quirks you figure out when you pay attention to SOG is that the winning team is often not the aggressor.  usually they go passive and play defense once the lead is established.  i think that's a bad thing for the sport.  its the only sport where the passive team is the one that wins.  usually one team takes a lead and then sits on it, with the other team playing super hard to catch up.  thats what needs fixing it hockey.  its almost like you need to do some sort of tennis rules, where you play 3 periods as sets.  after every period, the score is reset to 0-0.  that encourages more aggressive play from both sides.  you get 1 point in the standings for every period you win, plus 1 point if you win the majority of periods.

The real problem with hockey is that so few of us in America can skate backwards let alone play hockey at any level, that we cannot appreciate what we are watching.  I can watch a baseball or football or basketball player or golfer make a play and think "dayum, that was impressive."  Or make a bad putt for instance and say "dayum, I'd be upset with that shot."  In hockey I'm impressed they don't fall over the second they get on the ice.

I like your idea to increase aggressiveness, but soccer is a slower land-based version of the same sport and is by far the most popular sport in the world.

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

The real problem with hockey is that so few of us in America can skate backwards let alone play hockey at any level, that we cannot appreciate what we are watching.  I can watch a baseball or football or basketball player or golfer make a play and think "dayum, that was impressive."  Or make a bad putt for instance and say "dayum, I'd be upset with that shot."  In hockey I'm impressed they don't fall over the second they get on the ice.

I like your idea to increase aggressiveness, but soccer is a slower land-based version of the same sport and is by far the most popular sport in the world.

:thumbsup:

9 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Good time to be a Bolts fan. For those not 20 years old, many of us were huge Dan Fouts fans if not Chargers fans to some degree back in the day. 

But how bout they win a division 1st before we go annointing them the kids of the decade. 

this..to a tee.  first game I went to was Pats Chargers in Foxboro.  Fouts and those Chargers teams were great to watch.  Good luck @JustinCharge you got a good team.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

this..to a tee.  first game I went to was Pats Chargers in Foxboro.  Fouts and those Chargers teams were great to watch.  Good luck @JustinCharge you got a good team.

thank you

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Justin, you must be at the game, to not be here after that one

WOW, just WOW

Herbert is unreal. Man, dolphins have to be kicking themselves for drafting Tua.

Just now, Brad GLuckman said:

Herbert is unreal. Man, dolphins have to be kicking themselves for drafting Tua.

right, hes started his career better than anyone in the history of the game, but this system is so amazing, I just love our play calling

Brandon Staley has elephant balls

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

right, hes started his career better than anyone in the history of the game, but this system is so amazing, I just love our play calling

Brandon Staley has elephant balls

playing against herbert is terrifying enough right now.  but the fact that they are gonna go for 4th down a lot is even worse for opposing defenses.

19 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

playing against herbert is terrifying enough right now.  but the fact that they are gonna go for 4th down a lot is even worse for opposing defenses.

Not a Chargers fan but Im enjoying it. Feel like theyve always had talent but coaching held them back. The game today was so much fun to watch. With a young QB and young coach, they should be good for a long time.

Exciting game for sure.  Where was the "elite defense" though? 

Was that the "elite defense" you've been telling us about?  :lol: 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Was that the "elite defense" you've been telling us about?  :lol: 

I didn't say they had one.  I said they were close.  Much further away now obviously.

The Chargers will end this week as #1 seed in the AFC.  Tied with the Bills (and maybe the Ravens) at 4-1, and the only one of the three unbeaten in the AFC.  Only 1 team gets a bye in the field of 7 teams, so the Chargers would be idle in the first week of postseason.  It is going to be REALLY tough to dislodge them from the top seed now as well. The schedule was front loaded with difficult opponents.  They lost to the Cowboys but beat the Chiefs, Browns and Raiders.  They might lose only 2 more games the rest of the way, @Ravens and Chiefs.

9 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

The Chargers will end this week as #1 seed in the AFC.  Tied with the Bills (and maybe the Ravens) at 4-1, and the only one of the three unbeaten in the AFC.  Only 1 team gets a bye in the field of 7 teams, so the Chargers would be idle in the first week of postseason.  It is going to be REALLY tough to dislodge them from the top seed now as well. The schedule was front loaded with difficult opponents.  They lost to the Cowboys but beat the Chiefs, Browns and Raiders.  They might lose only 2 more games the rest of the way, @Ravens and Chiefs.

I haven't looked at thr Chargers schedule.   But have you seen thr Bills schedule?

I wouldn't say it would be REALLY tough to take the 1 seed away.  

Bills have a better defense by the way.  They play good team ball.  McDermott is a very solid defensive coach.  Last year theit defense was a bit of an outlier.

On 10/5/2021 at 8:40 AM, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I’d put the Bolts at no 3 in my power rankings

Cards

Bills

Chargers

Rams

Buccs

Chiefs

cowgirls 

Cards

bills

chargers

buccs

cowgirls

rams 

packers

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Cards

bills

chargers

buccs

cowgirls

rams 

packers

Cowboys 2 spots below SD, a team they beat.....on the road. Interesting. 

25 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Its not hard to understand.  We've seen Dak crumble in high pressure spots.  Herbert looks like the next generation of lethal QBs.

As a Browns fan I enjoyed the game..browns defense sucks and herbert is the real deal..enjoyed watching him.

Great win!!  

4 hours ago, Cruzer said:

I know youre a cowboy fan but lets clairfy

the Chargers don't have a home stadium, it was 75% cowboy fans

two stupid penalties/calls, won the game for the cowboys

I see them moving up though, however if you go by kinda a strength of schedule, the Chargers beat the AFC Champs Chiefs, the 3-0 Raiders, the NFC East Champs Wash, and the 3-1 Browns

The Cowboys beat the Chargers and the Panthers

based on conference rankings as well the Chargers are the 1 seed, while the Cowboys are the 3/4 seed

I also think both teams are unlocking their offense more and more each week

5 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I know youre a cowboy fan but lets clairfy

the Chargers don't have a home stadium, it was 75% cowboy fans

two stupid penalties/calls, won the game for the cowboys

I see them moving up though, however if you go by kinda a strength of schedule, the Chargers beat the AFC Champs Chiefs, the 3-0 Raiders, the NFC East Champs Wash, and the 3-1 Browns

The Cowboys beat the Chargers and the Panthers

based on conference rankings as well the Chargers are the 1 seed, while the Cowboys are the 3/4 seed

I also think both teams are unlocking their offense more and more each week

I know you're a Chargers fan, but lets clarify. 

* Dallas ran it down their throats for 200 yards

* Dallas had more 1st downs and more yards

* Dallas got hosed on a controversial PI call themselves

* Oh, and btw, the Dallas D picked Herbert twice (once in the Endzone!)............really should of had 3.

* The Bolts losing on 2 calls is at least entertaining. 

9 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

Its not hard to understand.  We've seen Dak crumble in high pressure spots.  Herbert looks like the next generation of lethal QBs.

The next lethal QB who threw and endzone pick and lost to Dak...... Ha, you're a funny kid. 

33 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

I know you're a Chargers fan, but lets clarify. 

* Dallas ran it down their throats for 200 yards

* Dallas had more 1st downs and more yards

* Dallas got hosed on a controversial PI call themselves

* Oh, and btw, the Dallas D picked Herbert twice (once in the Endzone!)............really should of had 3.

* The Bolts losing on 2 calls is at least entertaining. 

and despite all that Herbert arguably had his worst game of the season, and still were in position to win

its a long season

I will say with 100% certainty

Staley>>>>Mccarthy

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

and despite all that Herbert arguably had his worst game of the season, and still were in position to win

its a long season. 

I will say with 100% certainty

Staley>>>>Mccarthy

Dallas is leading the league in picks, is 2nd in TO Differential. 

Keep thinking it was Herbert just having a bad game, not the Dallas D as the reason why if it helps digest the loss. 

McCarthy? I'm not fan of this dude, but if havving a better coach is your idea of a win - ha, ok. Go with that. 

6 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Dallas is leading the league in picks, is 2nd in TO Differential. 

Keep thinking it was Herbert just having a bad game, not the Dallas D as the reason why if it helps digest the loss. 

McCarthy? I'm not fan of this dude, but if havving a better coach is your idea of a win - ha, ok. Go with that. 

your defense is all one guy, pretty soon nobody will throw near him

36 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

your defense is all one guy, pretty soon nobody will throw near him

* Micah Parsons wrecked havoc on Herbert, you basically couldn't block him - maybe that's why he's the current frontrunner for Defensive ROY. 

* Both starting DEs were out (R. Gregory/Tank Lawrence ), Safety Donovan Wilson was out as well. 

* Jaylon Smith played... Why is that a point? Bcoz he sucks.. Now that he's been released Jabril Cox is on the field and wow - he's already proving to be a force. Ask Danny Dimes if he's any good. Cox outran him to the pylon and knocked him out the game. Talk about an additon by subtraction. 

I hope OC's all across the league adopt your 'one guy' defense philosphy. 

With week 5 results, no one in the NFL has an elite defense in the NFL.  the Panthers and Saints at one point had them but have now fallen off.  Chargers also falling off.  Bills on the rise but they don't have it yet as far as my system says.

Chargers lost their right guard Oday Aboushi to a torn ACL.  Gone for the year.  Played well. 

On 10/5/2021 at 5:12 PM, JustinCharge said:

Speaking as someone who actually watches and understands NHL hockey, shots on goal in the on screen graphics are already there for you other guys

6 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Lol I've learned to love Dallas Cowboy fans.

I've learned that Cowboys fans from Dallas are NOTHING like out-of-market Cowboys fans.  I've been to Dallas a number of times and found that Dallas people are really cool and fun to talk football with.  Living in South Jersey, I've found that out-of-market Cowboys fans are total douche bags.  They're no different here than they are in other places I've been too.  I think it's because growing up, the Cowboys were great and it was easy for their fans to talk sh!t, but in the last 25 years, they've been no body's.  Their resume isn't much different than the Jacksonville Jaguars.  Since 1996, both the Cowboys and Jags have played in 14 playoff games, the Jags won 7 while Dallas has won 4.  Since '96, the only teams with less playoff wins that Dallas is Miami, Chicago, Buffalo, Washington, and Cleveland.  So when Dallas fans of today talk like it's 1990, they come off as azzholes.  That doesn't happen in Dallas.

1 hour ago, nospk said:

Speaking as someone who actually watches and understands NHL hockey, shots on goal in the on screen graphics are already there for you other guys

No its not.

13 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

No its not.

You don’t know 

1 minute ago, nospk said:

You don’t know 

You can watch highlights of NHL games on youtube at any time.  They clearly don't show shots on goal on the bug. Are you feeling ok?  This conversation went very weird.