Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

Chargers enter tonite almost a super bowl team - team of the decade?

1 hour ago, nospk said:

Speaking as someone who actually watches and understands NHL hockey, shots on goal in the on screen graphics are already there for you other guys

Shh...  Don't bring facts into this...

1 minute ago, JustinCharge said:

You can watch highlights of NHL games on youtube at any time.  They clearly don't show shots on goal on the bug. Are you feeling ok?  This conversation went very weird.

Only since 2014

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.awfulannouncing.com/2014/new-technology-graphics-statistics-brought-nhl-telecasts.html

5 minutes ago, nospk said:

Oh thats why.  Kings last title was 2013.  I watched all those playoffs and complained loudly they didnt show shots on goal on the bug back then.   They axtually delete shots on goal on the game highlights lol.  See, thats stupid as well.

When you watch highlights, no shots on goal.  God damn.  They need to fix that.  That really sucks.

I don't watch any sports live these days.  Just catch highlights.

22 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

I don't watch any sports live these days.  Just catch highlights.

Not even LAC games?  :dunno:

13 minutes ago, DonS said:

Not even LAC games?  :dunno:

I work a lot.  Currently I get monday off but might not even get that in the future. I'm bordering on being a workaholic I think.  Money is insane though.

I mostly consume sports on the radio or highlights.  Which is why I get mad when sports radio sucks.

6 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

I work a lot.  Currently I get monday off but might not even get that in the future. I'm bordering on being a workaholic I think.  Money is insane though.

That sucks. Gotta find that work/life balance. Money doesn't mean sh1t if you can't enjoy it.

Edit: gotta work hard to support all those folks on welfare though. 

3 hours ago, DonS said:

That sucks. Gotta find that work/life balance. Money doesn't mean sh1t if you can't enjoy it.

Edit: gotta work hard to support all those folks on welfare though. 

In ten years I might be completely absorbed by work.  Its definitely addicting once you get the ball rolling.

On 10/10/2021 at 10:59 PM, jerryskids said:

Was that the "elite defense" you've been telling us about?  :lol: 

No, he said the Dolphins have an elite defense… 🤣

1 hour ago, dogcows said:

No, he said the Dolphins have an elite defense… 🤣

last year the dolphins had an elite super bowl defense.  they went 10-6 and basically had no QB.  If they had a franchise QB, the 2020 dolphins probably go 15-1 or something.  the problem for the dolphins is that its hard to repeat a defensive performance like that.  they might not have another super bowl defense for 30 years.  or 50 years.  they wasted it.  its too late for them to go trade for deshaun watson.  the moment passed.

Chargers.  :lol:

:lol:

• Like 4

They took a body blow.  But i had already counted a east coast road game against the ravens as a loss. The chargers (and west foast teams in general) struggle east of the mississippi.  I think the rams will lose this game as well in january. 

i dont feel bad about this loss since the chargers werent outcoached, but justin herbert just played poorly and missed a lot of open guys.  Thats correctable. Thats something i dont expect to happen again.  Basically a 10am 2000 mile road game in the middle of the year against a very good team.  I just forget it and move on.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Cards

bills

ravens 

buccs

cowgirls

rams

chargers

Packers

chiefs

What is the difference with AZ this year? They just keep winning. Browns are no joke and they blew them out. I havent watched them so Im curious why they are so improved.

7 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

What is the difference with AZ this year? They just keep winning. Browns are no joke and they blew them out. I havent watched them so Im curious why they are so improved.

Blowout losses have ZERO bearing on super bowl champs.  

the bucs got beat 38-3 by the saints last year.  The patriots got destroyed by the titans, jaguars and the freaking LIONS in the last year they won the super bowl. The 2016 patriots suffered a blowout shutout at the hands of the bills.  The eagles got blown out in a loss the year they won it.  

2 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

the bucs got beat 38-3 by the saints last year.  The patriots got destroyed by the titans, jaguars and the freaking LIONS in the last year they won the super bowl. The 2016 patriots suffered a blowout shutout at the hands of the bills.  The eagles got blown out in a loss the year they won it.  

No I get that, but AZ is 6-0. Whats the reason for the improvement?

The browns are riddled with injuries now.  Both their starting tackles were out.  Cb denzel ward just came back and they were down another cb.   Now both rbs are hurt and baker is hurt.  Its getting to be a mess.   Cardinals caught the browns at a perfect time. 

Its the same story every year.  You open with 6-8 teams looking super and then a bunch of them get knocked out by injuries.  

2 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

I dont know, but somehow it will END IN A CIVIL WAR!!!

31 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Translation:  My Chargers got their asses kicked today, so I’m going to rationalize that they are still the team of the millennium.  :thumbsup: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Brad GLuckman said:

No I get that, but AZ is 6-0. Whats the reason for the improvement?

I think it's two things... their young guys are improving - hence the team is improving, and the schedule has been favorable.

31 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I think it's two things... their young guys are improving - hence the team is improving, and the schedule has been favorable.

In their 6 games they’ve traveled 3 times to the east coast (historically difficult for west coast teams), two against the Browns and the Titans, and played two teams in the toughest division in football, including a drubbing of the Rams in LA.

By comparison, other than beating the Cowboys, the Bucs have beaten the Falcons, Pats, Dolphins, and Eagles.  And lost to the Rams.  Some might call that a favorable schedule, just saying.  :dunno: 

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

In their 6 games they’ve traveled 3 times to the east coast (historically difficult for west coast teams), two against the Browns and the Titans, and played two teams in the toughest division in football, including a drubbing of the Rams in LA.

By comparison, other than beating the Cowboys, the Bucs have beaten the Falcons, Pats, Dolphins, and Eagles.  And lost to the Rams.  Some might call that a favorable schedule, just saying.  :dunno: 

The Cardinals last preseason game was cancelled, so they had 24 days to prepare for the Titans on Week 1.  There's no "difficulty in east coast travel", for that one.  After that, they came who for a game against the Vikings who's quite mediocre.  They then beat that tough Jaguars team the same week the Rams had to play Tampa.  The net result is, they coast to their win while the Rams play a big game and the Cards get them during a hangover.  Good for them.  The weeks been reversed, I don't believe the results would be the same.  Then they get the 49ers who stink.  They played a crappy game and still won, thanks to all of the 9ers injuries.  Lastly, the Browns.  The Browns aren't all that good.  They are the darlings of the league this, for some reason, but they're going to end up with 8 or 9 wins because they really aren't that good.  Yeah, they traveled to the east (not really the coast though), but the Browns are without their two top DB's, their best RB, their best WR, and have a banged up WR.  Like I said, they're not really all that good, and then they had injuries to deal with.

So yeah, the schedule has been kind to them... and it'll stay that way.  Their next hard game is against the Packers in two weeks.. but look, they get the Houston Texans the week before.  They then get the 49ers again, most likely with a lot of injuries still.  Trey Lance, from what we saw in his two games was VERY unimpressive.  Jimmy G isn't all that great either.  Then they get Carolina who's totally different without McCaffrey, then Seattle without Wilson... then a bye week.    Does that mean they're overrated?  No, it just means things are working in their favor.  They have a good team and good players.  Do I think they're a great team?  No, but that doesn't mean they won't and can't be.

Did I say anything about Tampa's schedule?  Oh yeah, I did.  I believe I recall saying, at the beginning of the season, that they had the 6th EASIEST schedule in the league.  Let me know what your point is by bringing that up.  Inquiring minds want to know.

To note, Jeff Sagarin has Tampa rated with the 21st ranked schedule and Arizona with the 19th.  Not really all that much different, eh?

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The Cardinals last preseason game was cancelled, so they had 24 days to prepare for the Titans on Week 1.  There's no "difficulty in east coast travel", for that one.  After that, they came who for a game against the Vikings who's quite mediocre.  They then beat that tough Jaguars team the same week the Rams had to play Tampa.  The net result is, they coast to their win while the Rams play a big game and the Cards get them during a hangover.  Good for them.  The weeks been reversed, I don't believe the results would be the same.  Then they get the 49ers who stink.  They played a crappy game and still won, thanks to all of the 9ers injuries.  Lastly, the Browns.  The Browns aren't all that good.  They are the darlings of the league this, for some reason, but they're going to end up with 8 or 9 wins because they really aren't that good.  Yeah, they traveled to the east (not really the coast though), but the Browns are without their two top DB's, their best RB, their best WR, and have a banged up WR.  Like I said, they're not really all that good, and then they had injuries to deal with.

So yeah, the schedule has been kind to them... and it'll stay that way.  Their next hard game is against the Packers in two weeks.. but look, they get the Houston Texans the week before.  They then get the 49ers again, most likely with a lot of injuries still.  Trey Lance, from what we saw in his two games was VERY unimpressive.  Jimmy G isn't all that great either.  Then they get Carolina who's totally different without McCaffrey, then Seattle without Wilson... then a bye week.    Does that mean they're overrated?  No, it just means things are working in their favor.  They have a good team and good players.  Do I think they're a great team?  No, but that doesn't mean they won't and can't be.

Did I say anything about Tampa's schedule?  Oh yeah, I did.  I believe I recall saying, at the beginning of the season, that they had the 6th EASIEST schedule in the league.  Let me know what your point is by bringing that up.  Inquiring minds want to know.

To note, Jeff Sagarin has Tampa rated with the 21st ranked schedule and Arizona with the 19th.  Not really all that much different, eh?

Man, that’s a lot of words, did I hit a nerve?  :lol: 

Also, I brought up the Bucs because you.are a Bucs fan. A few responses.

- The 49ers don’t stink.  Your boy Sagarin has them ranked 12th, whereas the 4 cream puffs the Bucs beat are 21, 22, 28, and 29.  I mean, you almost couldn’t draw up an easier schedule than that.  If you want to describe teams as stinking, please be accurate.

- Enough with the “Browns had owies” crap.  The Cards were without Chandler Jones and two other starting/heavy rotation D linemen, starting and backup TE, all pro center and another starter on the line, and half of their coaching staff including the head coach.

- The challenge of going east is real; it has nothing to do with game planning to stop Derrick Henry, it has to do with body clocks, circadian rhythms, etc.  Many teams try to stop Henry and fail.

Anyway, carry on dissing the Cards.  :thumbsup: 

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The Browns aren't all that good.  They are the darlings of the league this, for some reason, but they're going to end up with 8 or 9 wins because they really aren't that good.  Yeah, they traveled to the east (not really the coast though), 

FYI.  When folks mention West coast teams playing 10am "East coast" games  it refers to the time zone, not actual proximity to the coastline.  :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Man, that’s a lot of words, did I hit a nerve?  :lol: 

Also, I brought up the Bucs because you.are a Bucs fan. A few responses.

- The 49ers don’t stink.  Your boy Sagarin has them ranked 12th, whereas the 4 cream puffs the Bucs beat are 21, 22, 28, and 29.  I mean, you almost couldn’t draw up an easier schedule than that.  If you want to describe teams as stinking, please be accurate.

- Enough with the “Browns had owies” crap.  The Cards were without Chandler Jones and two other starting/heavy rotation D linemen, starting and backup TE, all pro center and another starter on the line, and half of their coaching staff including the head coach.

- The challenge of going east is real; it has nothing to do with game planning to stop Derrick Henry, it has to do with body clocks, circadian rhythms, etc.  Many teams try to stop Henry and fail.

Anyway, carry on dissing the Cards.  :thumbsup: 

Hit a nerve?  No, I was simply justifying my initial point.  :dunno:

The current state of the 49ers team, the one that the Cardinals beat, stinks.  No Garoppolo, no Kittle, no RB's.  If that holds, they're a 6-win team.

Ok, Cards had as many injuries... guess it backs up my statement that the Browns aren't that good.

East coast travel is real?  Weird that it only affect teams when they play against good teams.  How'd the Rams do last year in Tampa?  Last year, the Chargers won @ Cincinnati, & Jacksonville but lost @ Buffalo, Miami, New Orleans, and Tampa.  So they beat the bad teams but lost to the ones who won 10+ games.  The 49ers weren't good last year (won 6 games), but they managed to beat the New England and both NY teams... yet lost to New Orleans.  Arizona beat the Jets and Giants on the road.  Lost to Carolina and New England.  How come they weren't 0-4?  The Raiders were 3-2 in east coast games.  Seattle was 4-1, their only loss was to Buffalo.  Denver was 3-2.  Their loses were to Pittsburgh and Atlanta.  This year... Arizona is 3-0 on east coast trips.  San Fran is 2-0.  Rams are 1-0.  Seattle is 0-1.  Raiders are 3-0.  Denver is 3-2.  Chargers are 2-1.  Of the 7 "West teams", 6 have a winning record against the east (road games).  Last year, they all had a winning record.  I'm willing to bet that if you go back 10 years, you'll find the same thing as today.

You're living in the 90's about this "East Coast" crap.  The travel east is an excuse that west teams (their fans and pundits really), use when they lose to a team they didn't beat, but should have.  News flash, hat happens to every team every year.

3 minutes ago, DonS said:

FYI.  When folks mention West coast teams playing 10am "East coast" games  it refers to the time zone, not actual proximity to the coastline.  :thumbsup:

Yeah, but it's exaggerated.  Cleveland is 4 hours from the time line... NJ is 14 (driving).  BIG difference.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yeah, but it's exaggerated.  Detroit is literally 2 hours from the time line... NJ is 14 (driving).  BIG difference.

How is that a BIG difference?  Ever do much business travel?  Doesn't matter how close to the time zone boundary when it comes to waking up 3 hours earlier than what your body clock is used to.  I'm  not making excuses about game implications, just pointing out its about time difference vs geographic distance. 

13 minutes ago, DonS said:

How is that a BIG difference?  Ever do much business travel?  Doesn't matter how close to the time zone boundary when it comes to waking up 3 hours earlier than what your body clock is used to.  I'm  not making excuses about game implications, just pointing out its about time difference vs geographic distance. 

It's a big difference in so much that the flight is about an hour and half shorter, which means you're "time gap" (for lack of a better phrase), is half of what it would be had they played in Philly, NJ, or MD.  Like I said in my post to him, this isn't the 90's anymore where teams just organize a private flight from one of the major airlines, they have luxury air liners now.  The travel style is vastly different.

You're a Seahawks fan right?  Go back 10 years.  Take their record from 2011 to 2020 in games NOT in the eastern time zone and see how that compares to their record in the eastern time zone.  I'm willing to bet the difference is nominal.  I'm also willing to bet that you'll see a trend.  A trend where, shockingly, they're more likely to lose against the good teams and beat the bad teams.

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

Lol I've learned to love GB Packers fans.

Lol

The difference is I am sort of kidding.  Packers have too many injuries as of now.  Dallas fans are dead serious.  They jump from their team is in shambles and sucks to they are SB contenders 4 different times throughout a season.  Almost evwey season.  It is impreasive really.

I do think the Packers are randomly being written off this year.  They have been in the championship game 3 out of the last 5 years.  4 of the last 7.  Yes fall on their face but they are easily the most consistent team in the NFC as long as Rodgers is upright.  It is good to fly under the radar though.  

It's a big difference in so much that the flight is about an hour and half shorter, which means you're "time gap" (for lack of a better phrase), is half of what it would be had they played in Philly, NJ, or MD.  Like I said in my post to him, this isn't the 90's anymore where teams just organize a private flight from one of the major airlines, they have luxury air liners now.  The travel style is vastly different.

You're a Seahawks fan right?  Go back 10 years.  Take their record from 2011 to 2020 in games NOT in the eastern time zone and see how that compares to their record in the eastern time zone.  I'm willing to bet the difference is nominal.  I'm also willing to bet that you'll see a trend.  A trend where, shockingly, they're more likely to lose against the good teams and beat the bad teams.

Phoenix to Cleveland:  3 hrs 50 minutes.  Phoenix to Newark:  4 hrs 40 minutes.  50 minute difference over 4+ hours, not half.  But that's not really the point, the point is lying in bed at 1 AM staring at the ceiling because your body thinks it is 10 PM.  Charter flights don't fix that.  It's hard enough to stay awake in a business meeting the next morning, let alone hurl your body like a projectile at large strong men with ill intent.

How much time do you spend looking up and typing anecdotal data points?  Why weren't the Cards 0-4?  Because nobody said heading east was an automatic loss, why would you ask such a question?  It is a factor, like home field or any other factor.  Relatedly, the reason the western divisions have done better in recent years on the east coast is, wait for it, they have had generally better football teams than the east.  Take away the Patriots and in recent years the AFC and NFC East divisions have been hot garbage.

• Thanks 1

Whoah.  Just noticed you added the "Seahawks fan" paragraph to defend your silly argument over CLE is not really on the coast argument.  I'm from Upstate NY.   Long suffering Buffalo Bills fan as many people here probably know.  

4 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yeah, but it's exaggerated.  Cleveland is 4 hours from the time line... NJ is 14 (driving).  BIG difference.

Its a real thing.  Western time zone teams struggle on the east of the mississippi and vice versa historically.