Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

How is the coin shortage scam still happening?

This is beyond absurd. A year and a half now.

If you pay in cash, they don't have change to give back to you. The new trend is making self checkout to be debit or credit only, will not accept cash. Cash, get to the back of that long line. I haven't had a credit card in the past 30 years, and the debit card is for ATM withdraws only.

Then the cashier tries to get nosy. No, I don't have a phone number. I don't have a phone. How do I talk to people? Smoke signals. No, I don't want your supermarket card disguised as spyware. I have no idea what an app is, but I'm guessing it's a half eaten apple. What do you mean the city banned plastic bags and you don't have paper ones? I'm supposed to carry my groceries up my rectum? I shouldn't have bought that extra large bottle of Frank's Hot Sauce.

I'm carrying around zip lock bags of coins in the pockets and I feel like an idiot. Just the jingling sound emanating from my pockets, everywhere I go. And I loathe jingling.

I'm on the verge of running amok, dismantling and dismembering everybody. Again. :mad:

• Like 1

This makes no sense.

You won't carry a credit card, you only use cash?  And you're complaining that when you use cash they won't give you change?  So then you carry around a bag of coins to make exact change and then complain that you have to carry around coins?  So you want coins or you don't want coins?  And there is no sane reason not to use a credit card.

I agree that it doesn't make sense.  We have zero issues getting change for our business.

Regardless of that, why would anyone prefer to use change when paying?  I hate having change on me, just use a debit or credit card.

Why all the arm twisting to get a credit card? Some people don't want every move they make in life to be tracked, analyzed, and recorded. 

I don’t think this is a problem. 

That’s just my two cents.

:banana:

45 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

This makes no sense.

You won't carry a credit card, you only use cash?  And you're complaining that when you use cash they won't give you change?  So then you carry around a bag of coins to make exact change and then complain that you have to carry around coins?  So you want coins or you don't want coins?  And there is no sane reason not to use a credit card.

Might be a mixed message that I presented.

No, I do not begrudge repeatedly telling cashiers that "I don't need the coins back". I got sacks full of change at home. Hell, I might be the cause of the "coin shortage".

I'm disgruntled how cash only people, and I do write 4 checks a month, but cash only people are being made to jump through hoops. How is there still a coin shortage? Makes no sense. Businesses seem to really dislike anonymous shoppers.

31 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I hate having change on me, just use a debit or credit card.

I don't like having my purchased tracked. I don't carry a phone around with me so that my movements can't be tracked. My car is old enough where there is no tracking system. I like anonymity.

1 minute ago, phillybear said:

I don't like having my purchased tracked. I don't carry a phone around with me so that my movements can't be tracked. My car is old enough where there is no tracking system. I like anonymity.

I get it but that sounds like a waste of effort.

29 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I get it but that sounds like a waste of effort.

I also have a bunch of duct tape covering my laptop camera, nothing in the house is voice activated, no smart appliances/TVs, never made any financial transaction on a phone/computer. It's a simple, debt free, fock the government kind of life.

So, where did all the coins go? Did the retarded get hungry all at once and just needed to swallow every penny they could find?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

Why all the arm twisting to get a credit card? Some people don't want every move they make in life to be tracked, analyzed, and recorded. 

These people don't have phones either?

phillybear doesn't want to be tracked...but is on a computer. 🧐

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, phillybear said:

That's weird

I don't feel bad for poor people that use cash. 

The only change that should be allowed is quarters, round up/down to the nearest quarter. 

Poor bastards :(

The restaurant I bartend at (one night a week)  rounds up/down to the nearest dollar!  9.49 = $9 ---- 9.51 = $10

Don't like it? too bad.

CHANGE IS FOR POOR PEOPLE

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

Well, it already is and about to get worse.

Wait. this must also be political. Not really sure why, but this is American after all.

Let me guess - Rubes Pro pennies and Libcucks pro credit cards?

13 hours ago, edjr said:

I don't feel bad for poor people that use cash. 

The only change that should be allowed is quarters, round up/down to the nearest quarter. 

Poor bastards :(

The restaurant I bartend at (one night a week)  rounds up/down to the nearest dollar!  9.49 = $9 ---- 9.51 = $10

Don't like it? too bad.

CHANGE IS FOR POOR PEOPLE

I have at least four thousand dollars worth of change in a five gallon water bucket. Trying to fill it up. Dumb!

18 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

This makes no sense.

the general reason is that if our society abandons cash and does digital, a corrupt government will come along and just zero out everyones balances for sketchy reasons like racism or bigotry.  then everyone becomes slaves.   the reason we can never move on from physical money is that people are jerks, and people in government are huge jerks. 

2 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

the general reason is that if our society abandons cash and does digital, a corrupt government will come along and just zero out everyones balances for sketchy reasons like racism or bigotry.  then everyone becomes slaves.   the reason we can never move on from physical money is that people are jerks, and people in government are huge jerks. 

Well sure, also the govt can show their true reptilian selves and eat us, which is why we all needs guns.

The 'don't want Big Brother tracking me' crowd cracks me up. 

Whether it's thru Rona vaccines, electronic purchases, whatever............... News Flash - it's 2021, they're tracking you anyway. :doh:

Between cell phone usage, computer usage, wifi, gps - if they want to track you, they will. 

29 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Whether it's thru Rona vaccines, electronic purchases, whatever............... News Flash - it's 2021, they're tracking you anyway. :doh:

Between cell phone usage, computer usage, wifi, gps - if they want to track you, they will. 

I agree.  If a person owns a home, works for someone else, pays utilities, has a bank account or any number of other things, they are being tracked and have been for a very long time.  The little things they avoid doing are just making more work for them.

It's very hard to go completely off the grid and very few people are able to do it.  If you're posting on here then you're wasting your time trying to avoid being tracked by the government.

At the giant corporations where I’ve worked, they’re  always telling us to “embrace change.”  It’s really just another way of saying “here is the newest way we’re going to FCK you over. Figure out a way to like it. “

58 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Don't forget transponders. Most tolls are electric now. 

A lot of outrage for people who like to use cash. I don't use it often, but I always have some on me and I don't ever want it to go away. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

Well sure, also the govt can show their true reptilian selves and eat us, which is why we all needs guns.

Your "guardian is the sanity" shtick would have more meaning in a world where we didn't have nationwide riots, lootings, the government attacking its own police, the feds calling 40% of the public terrorists, and the government trying to rule thru fear for the past 2 years.

5 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Your "guardian is the sanity" shtick would have more meaning in a world where we didn't have nationwide riots, lootings, the government attacking its own police, the feds calling 40% of the public terrorists, and the government trying to rule thru fear for the past 2 years.

None of this is happening in my town, county, or state.  So it's not nationwide.  The sky is not falling.  Civil War is not starting tomorrow.  Your Schtick is old.

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

None of this is happening in my town, county, or state.  So it's not nationwide.  The sky is not falling.  Civil War is not starting tomorrow.  Your Schtick is old.

as i pointed out before, when the actual civil war started in the 1860s, everyone thought it would be a small police action maybe lasting 6 months.  no one even thought it would be war until it had been going on for a long time.  so i mean there are always going to be people like you.  it doesnt make you right.

there's a secret war on cash. government hates because they lose tax dollars. i use cash as much as possible.:ninja:

On 10/6/2021 at 11:07 AM, phillybear said:

This is beyond absurd. A year and a half now.

If you pay in cash, they don't have change to give back to you. The new trend is making self checkout to be debit or credit only, will not accept cash. Cash, get to the back of that long line. I haven't had a credit card in the past 30 years, and the debit card is for ATM withdraws only.

Then the cashier tries to get nosy. No, I don't have a phone number. I don't have a phone. How do I talk to people? Smoke signals. No, I don't want your supermarket card disguised as spyware. I have no idea what an app is, but I'm guessing it's a half eaten apple. What do you mean the city banned plastic bags and you don't have paper ones? I'm supposed to carry my groceries up my rectum? I shouldn't have bought that extra large bottle of Frank's Hot Sauce.

I'm carrying around zip lock bags of coins in the pockets and I feel like an idiot. Just the jingling sound emanating from my pockets, everywhere I go. And I loathe jingling.

I'm on the verge of running amok, dismantling and dismembering everybody. Again. :mad:

Dude.  You should just stay home always. Anyone that paranoid about everything is a danger to himself.  How the fock do you get by everyday?  Are you 90?

If actual cash went away, I would be pretty worried. Probably buy a lot of gold and other metals. 

One of my gigs is retail and it's real. Such a pain in the ass. But it's a self-inflicted wound. Other Banks and other retailers don't have this problem. Just matter what banks are using. The bigger the bank from the more likely they are to buy into the big lie. Don't tell me you can't manufacture more coins if that's what it comes down to.

I'm no conspiracy loon, but this one feels dirty. Like they're using covid as a means of eliminating legal tender.

My biggest problem is twofold. One, that is legal tender. Enough said. But two, it sort of a tax on the poor. Because the poor don't necessarily have debit cards and credit cards. So they go to the sheisty lenders who are more than happy to give them a  $10cash card. it only cost them 12.

So let's see, we're not giving bags to customers when they buy . We're not giving them change when they buy . We force them to wear masks if they do try to buy . And Amazon has nothing to do with this? Bullshitt.

I told you guys the fed will release a block chain usd coin soon. 

Liberals will love it.

Centrist won't care

My people the extreme far right will fight it.

I have an old plastic gallon water jug filled with just quarters. Have no idea how much is in there.

But NO! You can't have it!!!

:lol:

Crypto firm mistakenly sends out $89M, asks users to please return it

Crypto firm mistakenly sends out $89M, asks users to please return it (msn.com)

A technical glitch in a crypto marketplace has just made some cryptocurrency users tens of millions of dollars richer — and the marketplace founder's threats have ignited a debate about the rules of digital money in an authority-less world. 

Compound, a popular cryptocurrency platform, last week put out what should have been a routine update to the code that governs users' transactions. However, the update contained a bug that mistakenly sent up to $89 million worth of crypto tokens into some users' accounts.

Compound Labs noticed "unusual activity" late Wednesday, but at that point the tokens were already distributed with no easy way of getting them back. 

The company's founder, Robert Leshner, quickly took to Twitter to persuade Compound users to return the surprise windfall — veering from persuasion to praise to threats against anyone who doesn't return the tokens. 

I went to a liquor store an hour ago to pick up a few beers for tonight and the guy ahead of me paid cash. Then, when I got checked out the guy rung me up and I pulled a credit card and he asked, can I pay in cash? He said they have a new system just put in and he hit cash by mistake. And he did have it rung up as he had a receipt for it. So I had a few $20's on me and gave him one. The cost was $18.12. He pulled out his phone and I guess he was going to use the calculator? He opened the drawer and no coin change in there. Then he went to another register and just gave me 2 dollar bills. Not sure if he didn't know how much to give back, or if they didn't have any coins. Odd. Especially for a liquor store. I often see people pay in cash when I go to them.