Sign in to follow this  
edjr

The Match V - Thanksgiving weekend. Deshamblow vs Koepka

https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/the-match-brooks-koepka-vs-bryson-dechambeau-showdown-to-headline-golf-event-over-thanksgiving-weekend/

Brooks Koepka and Bryson DeChambeau will finally get the showdown all their chirping and antics have pointed toward for the last few months. Koepka and DeChambeau will square off in the fifth edition of The Match at 4 p.m. ET on Friday, Nov. 26, the day after Thanksgiving, at the Wynn Golf Club in Las Vegas. The event will again be broadcasted on TNT with simulcasts running across Turner platforms TBS, truTV and HLN. 

Interestingly, this edition of The Match will only be contested over 12 holes -- perhaps as a nod to 12-round boxing matches Las Vegas has so often hosted -- and will feature just these two golfers. In four previous iterations of The Match, the only one that also featured a one-on-one matchup was the very first one over Thanksgiving 2018 when Phil Mickelson and Tiger Woods teed it up in Vegas. DeChambeau competed in the most recent edition of the match with Aaron Rodgers against Tom Brady and Phil Mickelson.

Koepka and DeChambeau have been jawing, mostly in public and possibly for the sake of notoriety regarding the Player Impact Program. The PIP, as it is otherwise known, is a $40 million pool distributed to golfers who are ranked by a number of different factors, including how popular they are on social media.

This feud -- if we're still calling it that -- began around the PGA Championship and escalated quickly when Koepka was caught on camera rolling his eyes during an interview as DeChambeau walked by him in metal spikes. It was taken up a level later in the summer when DeChambeau reportedly began having folks who were yelping "Brooksie!" at him thrown out of golf tournaments. Koepka has mostly poked at DeChambeau on social media and in interviews, but there has seemingly been a psychological effect on DeChambeau and his game.

The two tabled their feud during the Ryder Cup as they helped the United States to an historic 19-9 win over Europe at Whistling Straits a few weeks ago. The event concluded with a fun, boozy U.S. press conference, and Justin Thomas called for them to hug in the middle of the room with the trophy at the very end. They both obliged J.T.

Will watch :banana:

today at 4. set your DVRs

12 holes sucks but I will watch. 

3 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

What channel?  I dont have cable

I’m watching on TruTv

If it is all square after 12 is it a tie or a playoff?

Boring. Both guys are dry as toast. They needed to partner them up with guys that have a little personality 

• Like 1

Speaking of dry. I ran across a YouTube video the other day with Bob Menery recalling the story of the time Dustin Johnson was drunk and called him out on the cocaine videos. The video itself is rather blah, but I wish I had been present when it all went down. DJ is a big dude, but I bet I could whip his asss 

On 11/26/2021 at 6:06 PM, bostonlager said:

Boring. Both guys are dry as toast. They needed to partner them up with guys that have a little personality 

Not true. Deshamblow was on his best behavior trying to not trigger Brooks the snowflake. Started right out with giving away cupcakes

Phil made it worth watching. 

One thing needs to change for next time. Did they really not have an "off button" so the announcers could talk without the players hearing them in their ears while making shots? That was super annoying,