Sign in to follow this  
schmitty34

Darrell Henderson for CeeDee?

CeeDee is my #2 WR behind Hill, and I have Tee Higgins as #3.

An owner offered me Henderson for CeeDee (I assume he's trying to buy low).  My initial thought was hell no, but man, I'm a bit concerned that CeeDee will be boom or bust each week with the number of targets spreading around.

Henderson would likely be flex every week unless Josh Jacobs starts producing. 

Am I crazy to consider Henderson?

16 minutes ago, schmitty34 said:

CeeDee is my #2 WR behind Hill, and I have Tee Higgins as #3.

An owner offered me Henderson for CeeDee (I assume he's trying to buy low).  My initial thought was hell no, but man, I'm a bit concerned that CeeDee will be boom or bust each week with the number of targets spreading around.

Henderson would likely be flex every week unless Josh Jacobs starts producing. 

Am I crazy to consider Henderson?

I wouldn't do it. I would want a better RB than Henderson.

I guess it kind of depends on your needs though.

I have a very similar situation with CeeDee as my WR2 and Higgins as my WR3. Cooper Kupp is my WR1.

I wouldn't want to give up my WR depth for a less than reliable flex RB

What's the scoring system and how many WR do you start?

Lamb may be a buy low target, but this isn't a buy low offer. I think it's a solid return for a WR who has under performed. 

Hendo’s usage rate and snap counts all scream top 10 rb at the VERY least in that explosive offense.  Lot of mouths to feed in Dallas especially w Schultz and the run game now solidifying. I make the deal for Hendo with a quickness but its more than a fair offer. 

Who do you currently roster at rb/wr and ppr? And what does your weekly starting line up look like.  

Henderson is a beast and they aren’t even maximizing his potential. I watched him run for 7ypc then theyre at the 1 and throw twice Incomplete and lose the ball. Easy td there for him if they let anyone with 2 brain cells call the plays. In every game I’ve seen opportunities for at least 5+ carries they didn’t take that were no brainer situations. Not saying coach is always bad but he’s def not maximizing the teams potential.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Brutal Brutus said:

What's the scoring system and how many WR do you start?

Lamb may be a buy low target, but this isn't a buy low offer. I think it's a solid return for a WR who has under performed. 

33 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Who do you currently roster at rb/wr and ppr? And what does your weekly starting line up look like.  

Pretty standard PPR scoring.  2 RB, 2WR and 1 Flex

RB: Aaron Jones, James Robinson, Jacobs, Murray

WR: Hill, CeeDee, Tee Higgins, JuJu

I'd be pretty think at WR, especially if Tee Higgins continues to struggle with injuries.  But if CeeDee continues to be hot or cold, Henderson may provide more steady points at RB/Flex, but only if I have a solid 2nd WR which at this point I'm not sure I would.

I'd take that deal. Henderson would slot in as your RB #2, Robinson and Jacobs rotate as your flex. Higgins will be fine as a #2 since you'll have three solid RB's and Hill to carry your team.  You could also trade Robinson or Jacobs for a better WR2 if you dont like Higgins as your #2. 

yes you take this trade and try to get Michel to back up Henderson. Good starting RBs are harder to find than WRs, and this is especially pronounced in a standard league. 

Given that it is standard scoring, you will more likely than not start a RB in your flex cause you are chasing TD upside rather than points from receptions. 

7 minutes ago, bfros said:

yes you take this trade and try to get Michel to back up Henderson. Good starting RBs are harder to find than WRs, and this is especially pronounced in a standard league. 

Given that it is standard scoring, you will more likely than not start a RB in your flex cause you are chasing TD upside rather than points from receptions. 

It's full PPR, so I have been starting 3 WRs...but partly because my #3 RB (Jacobs) has been out.  

But yeah, the more I'm looking at this I'm liking the trade more.  I was pretty high on CeeDee but he's seems like a distant #2 compared to Cooper.  I was hoping he'd overtake Cooper.

I think I would keep Lamb, I don’t like the way he looks right now, but he seems more valuable to you at this time, The bengals have plenty of other talent at wr and Te , so I’m not sure how much I would trust Higgins as a wr2.  

Plus I think J Robinson going forwards can keep up with Henderson, and I still think Michel will catch up sooner then later. 

Hey thanks for this tread , and good luck with your decision. 

4 hours ago, weepaws said:

I think I would keep Lamb, I don’t like the way he looks right now, but he seems more valuable to you at this time, The bengals have plenty of other talent at wr and Te , so I’m not sure how much I would trust Higgins as a wr2.  

Plus I think J Robinson going forwards can keep up with Henderson, and I still think Michel will catch up sooner then later. 

Hey thanks for this tread , and good luck with your decision. 

ahhh....can't decide!

I’d only do it if you can flip Jacobs or Murray for a WR, not that I don’t like Higgins, I don’t like having only 2 decent WRs in a league where you must start 2. Injuries, Bye weeks

Thanks for all the thoughts.  I was torn and heavily considered making the trade with the assumption I could fell WR depth a little easier, but it turns out it's too late.  The owner had two proposed trades and traded Henderson for AJ Brown.  He was definitely out hunting for a buy low, high upside WR.  

Now I get to watch in agony as CeeDee continues to underperform and Henderson goes on to be a top 10 RB...

I think Lamb as a very good game this weekend. 

I think the upside with Lamb is higher regardless of current production.

I honestly think the decision is one where you assess the needs of your team.  I like Tee Higgins and I think he can be your #2.   

so if you are thin at RB maybe you make the deal.    I cant say for sure without looking at your lineup but this feels like one of those where your lineup at RB needs to be considered too.

if you have a need at RB or a vacancy to fill there, I think you have to strongly consider the offer.

Henderson is constantly on a injury report yearly....I would rather have Lamb, or a more reliable RB in trade...

Henderson had a very good ff game tonight. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Henderson had a very good ff game tonight. 

He did.  Unfortunately as a diehard Seahawks fan, I also have to point out that it was against the WORST defense in the NFL.  I'm salty, and frustrated, but man, the Hawks D sucks and I would expect any RB to have a good night against them.

That's what I'm telling myself.

1 hour ago, schmitty34 said:

He did.  Unfortunately as a diehard Seahawks fan, I also have to point out that it was against the WORST defense in the NFL.  I'm salty, and frustrated, but man, the Hawks D sucks and I would expect any RB to have a good night against them.

That's what I'm telling myself.

They arent the worst.   but they are not the kind of defense Seahawks fans have grown accustomed to.

10 hours ago, Ray_T said:

They aren't the worst.   but they are not the kind of defense Seahawks fans have grown accustomed to.

If not the worst, they're darn close.  Giving up the most yards/game, and middle of the road for points per game.  Somehow they've managed to keep scoring somewhat limited despite teams marching up and down the field.  

23 minutes ago, schmitty34 said:

If not the worst, they're darn close.  Giving up the most yards/game, and middle of the road for points per game.  Somehow they've managed to keep scoring somewhat limited despite teams marching up and down the field.  

well points per game is the true measure of a defense.

the Red zone defense has been alright even if the rest hasnt been great.