Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
easilyscan

Matthew Berry's Love/Hate

Recommended Posts

Was cleaning up my FF bookmarks folder earlier today. Noticed a link for MB's weekly love-hate article.

Read it a couple times a year, & if nothing else, found it entertaining.

Clicked on it today. 

I guess PT Barnum was right.

ESPN +

Continue reading this article and more from top writers, for only $6.99/mo.

Already an ESPN+ subscriber? Log in here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess if one really wants to read crap, then feel free...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be frustrated by that if I were him.  There are 1000s of people trying to be fantasy analysts and none of them are really better than any others.

This just opens the door for people to make someone else their go-to for fantasy information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nobody said:

There are 1000s of people trying to be fantasy analysts and none of them are really better than any others.

The ones who rely on Axe Elf for their information have positioned themselves a few notches above the rest.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AxeElf said:

The ones who rely on Axe Elf for their information have positioned themselves a few notches above the rest.

well, at least they dont have to pay for the advice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

The ones who took AxeElf's advice on wide receiver ranking last week took a massive L unfortunately. 

If so, the loss would obviously be entirely unrelated to Axe Elf's pinpoint accuracy in ranking WRs, so I'm not sure why you would think to correlate the two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

The ones who took AxeElf's advice on wide receiver ranking last week took a massive L unfortunately. 

Original list/points................................................Rec/Tar

  1. Robert Woods  12...............................4/6
  2. Robby Anderson 6.6........................... 5/11
  3. Kenny Golladay 16.5..........................6/7
  4. Brandin Cooks 8.................................5/7
  5. Brandon Aiyuk 1.5...............................1/3
  6. Marvin Jones (so far, so good) 3.5....3/3(got hurt)

Seems legit to me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ESPN decided to stop providing anything good for free a couple years ago. They've even shaved off most of the info from their statistics sections, guess it wasn't worth keeping when it wasn't behind a paywall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, killerpopcorn said:

Original list/points................................................Rec/Tar

  1. Robert Woods  12...............................4/6
  2. Robby Anderson 6.6........................... 5/11
  3. Kenny Golladay 16.5..........................6/7
  4. Brandin Cooks 8.................................5/7
  5. Brandon Aiyuk 1.5...............................1/3
  6. Marvin Jones (so far, so good) 3.5....3/3(got hurt)

Seems legit to me 

He got 1 spot right...not good. You don't get points for targets in fantasy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

He got 1 spot right...not good. You don't get points for targets in fantasy

Other than starting Anderson over Golladay in two leagues (which didn't affect the outcome of either game), Axe Elf made the correct start-sit decision in every one of his decisions involving those players, given his ranking of said players.

Good.

If you want to have a cow because Marvin Jones got 2 more points than Brandon Aiyuk even though I had Aiyuk ranked higher, that's your prerogative, but the important thing for Axe Elf's fantasy teams is that neither Aiyuk nor Jones were in his lineups over players who did start--and who scored more points for him.

It's really weird that I have to explain this on a site where people supposedly play a lot of fantasy football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

He got 1 spot right...not good. You don't get points for targets in fantasy

I start 3 WR's in my leagues, between the top 3 he just got me 35.1 points @11.7 each....add Cooks and thats 43.1 @ 10.7 each...and these are just for wr2/3 slots depending on how a person drafted and plays the flex. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ZeroTolerance said:

ESPN decided to stop providing anything good for free a couple years ago. They've even shaved off most of the info from their statistics sections, guess it wasn't worth keeping when it wasn't behind a paywall. 

They were hemorrhaging money for a long time, so I think their parent company forced them to try to be more profitable.  That's why they let so many people go and put things behind the paywall.  At least The Undefeated is still free though, thank God.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Other than starting Anderson over Golladay in two leagues (which didn't affect the outcome of either game), Axe Elf made the correct start-sit decision in every one of his decisions involving those players, given his ranking of said players.

Good.

If you want to have a cow because Marvin Jones got 2 more points than Brandon Aiyuk even though I had Aiyuk ranked higher, that's your prerogative, but the important thing for Axe Elf's fantasy teams is that neither Aiyuk nor Jones were in his lineups over players who did start--and who scored more points for him.

It's really weird that I have to explain this on a site where people supposedly play a lot of fantasy football.

If you had presented it that way it's one thing. But you spoke as if straight rankings and in that case you did poorly. It's fine man- just take the loss and go forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

It's fine man- just take the loss and go forward.

As I said, my rankings were perfect, in that none of my decisions gave me a loss--so it's fine man, but there's no loss to take.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×