Sign in to follow this  
easilyscan

Matthew Berry's Love/Hate

Was cleaning up my FF bookmarks folder earlier today. Noticed a link for MB's weekly love-hate article.

Read it a couple times a year, & if nothing else, found it entertaining.

Clicked on it today. 

I guess PT Barnum was right.

ESPN +

Continue reading this article and more from top writers, for only $6.99/mo.

Already an ESPN+ subscriber? Log in here.

I'd be frustrated by that if I were him.  There are 1000s of people trying to be fantasy analysts and none of them are really better than any others.

This just opens the door for people to make someone else their go-to for fantasy information.

2 hours ago, nobody said:

There are 1000s of people trying to be fantasy analysts and none of them are really better than any others.

The ones who rely on Axe Elf for their information have positioned themselves a few notches above the rest.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, AxeElf said:

The ones who rely on Axe Elf for their information have positioned themselves a few notches above the rest.

well, at least they dont have to pay for the advice. 

8 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

The ones who took AxeElf's advice on wide receiver ranking last week took a massive L unfortunately. 

If so, the loss would obviously be entirely unrelated to Axe Elf's pinpoint accuracy in ranking WRs, so I'm not sure why you would think to correlate the two.

8 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

The ones who took AxeElf's advice on wide receiver ranking last week took a massive L unfortunately. 

Original list/points................................................Rec/Tar

1. Robert Woods  12...............................4/6
  2. Robby Anderson 6.6........................... 5/11
  3. Kenny Golladay 16.5..........................6/7
  4. Brandin Cooks 8.................................5/7
  5. Brandon Aiyuk 1.5...............................1/3
  6. Marvin Jones (so far, so good) 3.5....3/3(got hurt)

Seems legit to me 

ESPN decided to stop providing anything good for free a couple years ago. They've even shaved off most of the info from their statistics sections, guess it wasn't worth keeping when it wasn't behind a paywall. 

17 hours ago, killerpopcorn said:

Original list/points................................................Rec/Tar

1. Robert Woods  12...............................4/6
  2. Robby Anderson 6.6........................... 5/11
  3. Kenny Golladay 16.5..........................6/7
  4. Brandin Cooks 8.................................5/7
  5. Brandon Aiyuk 1.5...............................1/3
  6. Marvin Jones (so far, so good) 3.5....3/3(got hurt)

Seems legit to me 

He got 1 spot right...not good. You don't get points for targets in fantasy

25 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Other than starting Anderson over Golladay in two leagues (which didn't affect the outcome of either game), Axe Elf made the correct start-sit decision in every one of his decisions involving those players, given his ranking of said players.

Good.

If you want to have a cow because Marvin Jones got 2 more points than Brandon Aiyuk even though I had Aiyuk ranked higher, that's your prerogative, but the important thing for Axe Elf's fantasy teams is that neither Aiyuk nor Jones were in his lineups over players who did start--and who scored more points for him.

It's really weird that I have to explain this on a site where people supposedly play a lot of fantasy football.

3 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

I start 3 WR's in my leagues, between the top 3 he just got me 35.1 points @11.7 each....add Cooks and thats 43.1 @ 10.7 each...and these are just for wr2/3 slots depending on how a person drafted and plays the flex. 

4 hours ago, ZeroTolerance said:

ESPN decided to stop providing anything good for free a couple years ago. They've even shaved off most of the info from their statistics sections, guess it wasn't worth keeping when it wasn't behind a paywall. 

They were hemorrhaging money for a long time, so I think their parent company forced them to try to be more profitable.  That's why they let so many people go and put things behind the paywall.  At least The Undefeated is still free though, thank God.

11 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Other than starting Anderson over Golladay in two leagues (which didn't affect the outcome of either game), Axe Elf made the correct start-sit decision in every one of his decisions involving those players, given his ranking of said players.

Good.

If you want to have a cow because Marvin Jones got 2 more points than Brandon Aiyuk even though I had Aiyuk ranked higher, that's your prerogative, but the important thing for Axe Elf's fantasy teams is that neither Aiyuk nor Jones were in his lineups over players who did start--and who scored more points for him.

It's really weird that I have to explain this on a site where people supposedly play a lot of fantasy football.

If you had presented it that way it's one thing. But you spoke as if straight rankings and in that case you did poorly. It's fine man- just take the loss and go forward.

2 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

It's fine man- just take the loss and go forward.

As I said, my rankings were perfect, in that none of my decisions gave me a loss--so it's fine man, but there's no loss to take.