Fireballer

John Gruden-next to get canceled

11 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

its pretty nasty to think how the NFL can do something like this.  A lot of people need in the NFL need to be fired and disciplined.  Just outright open personal destruction.

It's focking sick how low some people will go as well as how this government is pushing wokism to this level. 

8 hours ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Out of curiosity, has it been reported how these emails came to light?

Apparently, most of these emails were sent to George Allen of the WFT and they were discovered during that big debauchery investigation they had.  NFL has been sitting on them.

36 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Apparently, most of these emails were sent to George Allen of the WFT and they were discovered during that big debauchery investigation they had.  NFL has been sitting on them.

Is that like harboring a fugitive?

This is locker room talk email stuff.  I guarantee it.  Kind of like Trump and the “grab em in the kitten” line.

edit, yep.

He denounced the emergence of women as referees, the drafting of a gay player and the tolerance of players protesting during the playing of the national anthem, according to emails reviewed by The Times.

Gruden’s messages were sent to Bruce Allen, the former president of the Washington Football Team, and others, while he was working for ESPN as a color analyst during “Monday Night Football.” In the emails, Gruden called the league’s commissioner, Roger Goodell, a “” and a “clueless anti football ” and said that Goodell should not have pressured Jeff Fisher, then the coach of the Rams, to draft “queers,” a reference to Michael Sam, a gay player chosen by the team in 2014.

In numerous emails during a seven-year period ending in early 2018, Gruden criticized Goodell and the league for trying to reduce concussions and said that Eric Reid, a player who had demonstrated during the playing of the national anthem, should be fired. In several instances, Gruden used a homophobic slur to refer to Goodell and offensive language to describe some N.F.L. owners, coaches and journalists who cover the league.

None of us care. Some of us pretend to care and don't know why.  We have lost privacy. After that there is nothing left.

🙄

Im sure no other coaches ever said anything negative lol.  Sounds like Goodell got his man.  

Just now, Cloaca du jour said:

🙄

Im sure no other coaches ever said anything negative lol.  Sounds like Goodell got his man.  

100%

There needs to be a term limit on old emails tweets etc.  Even a crime comes off your record after 7 years.

Executives at USA network are doing cartwheels over the free publicity for their new Chucky TV series.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

There needs to be a term limit on old emails tweets etc.  Even a crime comes off your record after 7 years.

This kind of behavior was at one time limited to folks in the political arena.  But as we allow the politicization of our daily lives it has now crept into everything.

We saw this very mantra manifest itself nationally in the 2016 election.   Leftists have used the political apparatus to quell opposition, and in doing so are forcing people to hide, then reveal themselves unexpectedly. Then they label the very behaviors they allow and encourage for those of their own ideology as bad when the other side of the political spectrum dates to do the same.

In case you haven't noticed, the left is trying to go full North Korea on us...

• Haha 1

Not surprised the GC wants to go to bat for this behavior. 😂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

People can change as the norms and mores of society change...

Besides he said queer long before lgbtq was a thing...he was ahead of his time

7 minutes ago, MDC said:

Well look, let's be honest here, every single coach in the league has called someone a f@gg0t or a pu$$y before, every player too.  Everyone has used racist tropes.  But Gruden was dumb and put them in emails, plus he sucks anyway, so no issue with him getting fired.  But let's stop with the talk of how this behavior doesn't belong in the NFL or how the league deserves better, because nothing changed.  You still have this language in the league, you have players who committed sexual assault, use this language, beat up women, etc.

4 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Well look, let's be honest here, every single coach in the league has called someone a f@gg0t or a pu$$y before, every player too.  Everyone has used racist tropes.  But Gruden was dumb and put them in emails, plus he sucks anyway, so no issue with him getting fired.  But let's stop with the talk of how this behavior doesn't belong in the NFL or how the league deserves better, because nothing changed.  You still have this language in the league, you have players who committed sexual assault, use this language, beat up women, etc.

All true. And I’m still not surprised the GC is mad Gruden got fired. 😂

• Sad 1

During and before the 2018 season, Brown was embroiled in numerous incidents in addition to causing drama within the Steelers organization. This included tossing furniture out of his 14th-floor apartment window in April, nearly hitting a 22-month old child on the patio below,[258] and getting cited for speeding in excess of 100 mph along a suburban Pittsburgh highway.[259] Brown was later sued for the April incident,[260] and reached a settlement with the family of the child in April 2019.[261] In February 2019, a judge ruled him guilty of reckless driving in the speeding incident, and Brown received a fine.[262]

On September 10, 2019, Brown's former trainer, Britney Taylor, filed a lawsuit alleging he sexually assaulted her on three occasions. She claimed that he exposed himself to her, ejaculated on her back, and raped her. Brown and his legal team denied the allegations.[263][264] On September 18, the Allegheny county district attorney's office announced Brown would not be prosecuted because Taylor's accusations were outside of the statute of limitations. The civil suit continued.[265] On September 16, a second woman accused him of sexual misconduct. Separately, Victor Prisk, Pittsburgh-based doctor, who Brown worked with while with the Steelers, also sued Brown for $11,500 in unpaid fees.[266] A settlement between Brown and Taylor was agreed upon in April 2021.[267]

On January 13, 2020, following several domestic incidents in which police were called to Brown's home in Hollywood, Florida, the Hollywood Police Department stated they no longer want Brown to be associated with their youth league (PAL). The Hollywood police department returned a check from Brown and issued a trespass order preventing him from being involved with their youth league while saying in a statement, "We do not want him to continue to affect our youth, or influence them in a negative way."[268] Days later on January 21, it was reported that Brown and an accomplice had attacked a moving truck driver at the home. Glenn Holt, working as Brown's trainer was arrested, while a warrant for Brown's arrest was issued a day later with a felony charge of battery and burglary.[269] He turned himself in a night later on January 23.[270] Brown was officially charged with felony burglary of a vehicle, misdemeanor battery, and misdemeanor criminal mischief on March 20, 2020.[271] On June 12, 2020, Brown pleaded no contest to the felony battery and burglary charges and received two years of probation. He was also ordered to undergo 100 hours of community service, a 13-week anger management counseling program, and a psychological evaluation.[272]

Nevermind a player endangering a 22 month old child.  Or felony chagres.  Or rape allegations that arent prosecuted. On September 18, the Allegheny county district attorney's office announced Brown would not be prosecuted because Taylor's accusations were outside of the statute of limitations.

That stuff isn't a big deal.  However making fun of a guys lips 10 years ago in a private email is death penalty. 

No I am not backing Gruden.  I am pointing out the outrageous double standard.  

• Like 1

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

Nevermind a player endangering a 22 month old child.  Or felony chagres.  Or rape allegations that arent prosecuted. On September 18, the Allegheny county district attorney's office announced Brown would not be prosecuted because Taylor's accusations were outside of the statute of limitations.

That stuff isn't a big deal.  However making fun of a guys lips 10 years ago in a private email is death penalty. 

Yes there absolutely is a double standard.

Tyreek, AB, Mike Vick, Gruden.

Pick one to watch your dog and your 3 year old for the weekend. 

I really like Emmanuel Acho, but he's off base here

Jon Gruden’s emails are further & final proof for the necessity of minority voices in positions of power. In 2011, Gruden was a homophobic racially insensitive pervert. He was also the face of #MNF on ESPN, speaking to an audience of 13.3 million people weekly.

I'm fine with minorities in the position of power, but the idea that Gruden doing MNF was a problem because he sent those emails, that's just wrong.  I am 100% sure that Randy Moss has said those same things.  Should everyone in MNF have their emails read?  Stop.

Gruden’s emails are just like most GC posts. It’s just that the people here with similar opinions are smart enough to post their racist/homophobic/misogynist tirades under a pseudonym on an obscure Internet forum instead of in a work email....

You wanna be a racist? Sure you’re free to be one. You wanna send racist emails at work? Um, yeah - when they find those, you’re gonna get fired.

I don’t doubt many NFL coaches/players/executives agree with Gruden. But most of them keep it off official emails and social media.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cloaca du jour said:

That's your credit score

8 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Gruden’s emails are just like most GC posts. It’s just that the people here with similar opinions are smart enough to post their racist/homophobic/misogynist tirades under a pseudonym on an obscure Internet forum instead of in a work email....

You wanna be a racist? Sure you’re free to be one. You wanna send racist emails at work? Um, yeah - when they find those, you’re gonna get fired.

I don’t doubt many NFL coaches/players/executives agree with Gruden. But most of them keep it off official emails and social media.

Idiot.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

So, how does the rest of his salary work?

If he just up and quit/resigned he'd get nothing. Presumably, the same holds true if he were fired for cause. What we don't know is if he worked out the resignation with Davis, to make it easier on the team, then maybe something is coming his way. I don't think it would have been hard for Davis to prove he was fired with cause, but maybe he pays off this year and the next(pure speculation) since Gruden resigned, didn't lawyer up and fight a firing. 

3 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

This is locker room talk email stuff.  I guarantee it.  Kind of like Trump and the “grab em in the kitten” line.

edit, yep.

He denounced the emergence of women as referees, the drafting of a gay player and the tolerance of players protesting during the playing of the national anthem, according to emails reviewed by The Times.

Gruden’s messages were sent to Bruce Allen, the former president of the Washington Football Team, and others, while he was working for ESPN as a color analyst during “Monday Night Football.” In the emails, Gruden called the league’s commissioner, Roger Goodell, a “” and a “clueless anti football ” and said that Goodell should not have pressured Jeff Fisher, then the coach of the Rams, to draft “queers,” a reference to Michael Sam, a gay player chosen by the team in 2014.

In numerous emails during a seven-year period ending in early 2018, Gruden criticized Goodell and the league for trying to reduce concussions and said that Eric Reid, a player who had demonstrated during the playing of the national anthem, should be fired. In several instances, Gruden used a homophobic slur to refer to Goodell and offensive language to describe some N.F.L. owners, coaches and journalists who cover the league.

so what's the problem? 

21 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

If he just up and quit/resigned he'd get nothing. Presumably, the same holds true if he were fired for cause. What we don't know is if he worked out the resignation with Davis, to make it easier on the team, then maybe something is coming his way. I don't think it would have been hard for Davis to prove he was fired with cause, but maybe he pays off this year and the next(pure speculation) since Gruden resigned, didn't lawyer up and fight a firing. 

Yeah, I think it'd be hard to say you're fired for cause for shiit you did a decade before you're hired.

But something tells me he's not going to be clipping coupons anytime soon.

Really loved his quarterback school that he did.

Just now, Alias Detective said:

nada to me.

The cucks are offended.  I guess they have to act that way so their wives won't beat them.    

Does anyone really think Gruden is a racist?

All you have to do these days is not like one or a couple black people for any reason and you are a racist. 

Liberals are so dumb.

• Sad 1

If he made fun of the way a white dude looked by calling him white trash, hillbilly, redneck, etc, he would've been fine.   JFC, just look at the haircut of the Raiders owner!! 

• Confused 1

I admit the Skins have a female on the broadcast team, and I naturally tune her out.  Every time she talks, I feel like she's asking me to take the garbage out during the game.  "I'll do it at halftime!!" 🤬

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

The double standard is that it is in writing. Look at Ray rice, there was a video so he was screwed.

Either way, screw gruden, he is obviously an as$hole and we need less of them in management.

1 minute ago, MTSkiBum said:

The double standard is that it is in writing. Look at Ray rice, there was a video so he was screwed.

Either way, screw gruden, he is obviously an and we need less of them in management.

Didn't Donte Stallworth kill a person while driving drunk and then go play for Washington? 

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

Didn't Donte Stallworth kill a person while driving drunk and then go play for Washington? 

Not on video.

2 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Either way, screw gruden, he is obviously an as$hole and we need less of them in management.

Felony burglary and misdemeanor battery is in writing as well.  And wasnt from a decade ago on an email to a friend.

Words hurt much more than actions I guess.  In today's puzzyfied world anyway.

Disclaimer: I understand thr NFL and thr Raiders are a business.  And words do hurt their image.

1 guy has a sexual assault charge that isnt prosecuted because the statute of limitations.  Endanger a 22 month old.  And pleads no conteat to felony burglary of a vehicle and misdemeanor battery chargers.  Continues to play.  Recruited by Tom Brady. Wins championship.  Makes millions.

1 guy makes off color comments in an email to a friend 10 years ago that is dug up because of a different situation being investigated.  Shamed out of the league within hours.  

Only in America 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1