Fireballer

John Gruden-next to get canceled

Some of you guys have trouble differentiating between being “cancelled” and getting rightfully shiitcanned for saying stupid things in writing while on the job.

:doh: 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Just now, MDC said:

Some of you guys have trouble differentiating between being “cancelled” and getting rightfully shiitcanned for saying stupid things in writing while on the job.

Was he on the job?  in 2011, he didn't work for the Professional Football Team.

1 hour ago, Fireballer said:

Dear God. What has happened to some people? He will never stop being like this for the rest of his life. Emotionally retarded. He will turn into the next MDCack if he ever ends up posting in a place like this.

2 hours ago, Fireballer said:

OMG!!!!   I'm guessing he'll still get paid during these trying times?  Maybe he'll be brave like Simone Biles and quit on his teammates. 

4 hours ago, MDC said:

Reminder.  Hunter Biden’s emails were twice as worse and the media not only ignored it, but buried it.  

Reminder, both the governor of Virginia and the Prime Minister of Canada wore blackface and are still in office.

The Super Bowl Halftime show will feature a dude who has probably said fa**ot in songs a hundred times. And he was ……he was…..invited.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 10/12/2021 at 4:05 PM, Fireballer said:

JFC...this world is no more than hypocrites trying to do anything to put deposits in their woke bank accounts.  It's all fluff that will hopefully save them when the woke come for them.  Bending the knee just makes you more vulnerable.  

Rolling Stones retire classic song 'Brown Sugar' following backlash

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/rolling-stones-retire-song-brown-sugar-backlash

why did they have to announce this, they could have just stopped playing the song?

32 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Rolling Stones retire classic song 'Brown Sugar' following backlash

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/rolling-stones-retire-song-brown-sugar-backlash

why did they have to announce this, they could have just stopped playing the song?

I was wondering why they did that so I looked up the lyrics... Jesus Christ.  De'Angelo's Brown Sugar was much better anyway.

[Verse 1]
Gold coast slave ship bound for cotton fields
Sold in the market down in New Orleans
Scarred old slaver knows he's doing alright
Hear him whip the women just around midnight

[Chorus]
Brown sugar, how come you taste so good? Uh huh
Brown sugar, just like a young girl should, uh huh, oh (Woo)

[Verse 2]
Drums beating, cold English blood runs hot
Lady of the house wonderin' when it's gonna stop
House boy knows that he's doing alright
You shoulda heard 'em just around midnight

[Chorus]
Brown sugar, how come you taste so good now?
Brown sugar, just like a young girl should now (Yeah)

[Chorus]
Ah, get on, brown sugar, how come you taste so good?
Ah, got me craving the, the brown sugar
Just like a black girl should, yeah

[Verse 3]
Ah, and I bet your mama was a tent show queen
And all her boyfriends were sweet sixteen
I'm no schoolboy, but I know what I like
You shoulda heard me just around midnight

[Chorus]
Brown sugar, how come you taste so good, baby?
Ah, come down, brown sugar
Just like a young girl should, yeah

[Outro]
I said, yeah, yeah, yeah, woo
How come you, how come you taste so good?
Yeah, yeah, yeah, woo
Just like a, just like a black girl should
Yeah, yeah, yeah, woo

2 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Reminder.  Hunter Biden’s emails were twice as worse and the media not only ignored it, but buried it.  

Reminder, both the governor of Virginia and the Prime Minister of Canada wore blackface and are still in office.

The Super Bowl Halftime show will feature a dude who has probably said fa**ot in songs a hundred times. And he was ……he was…..invited.  

I didn’t vote for Hunter, the VA Governor or the Prime Minister of Canada. 

The NFL is absolutely hypocritical, no argument there. So what?

Fock Gruden. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

Fock Gruden. 

🐮   Moooo....

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

🐮   Moooo....

The TDS rages in you. Beep boop boop. 101011100011. Beep boop boop. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, MDC said:

Fock Gruden. 

Not the point.  

The point, which you know fully well, is that some stories are hung out to dry on the front porch for all to see and some are buried deep in the back yard....I'll let you figure out the why.  It's obvious to most.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

The TDS rages in you. Beep boop boop. 101011100011. Beep boop boop. 

Trump = Greatest president ever. 

creepy joe and hussein should be thrown in prison and get the death penalty for what they have done to this country.

17 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Not the point.  

The point, which you know fully well, is that some stories are hung out to dry on the front porch for all to see and some are buried deep in the back yard....I'll let you figure out the why.  It's obvious to most.  

The point is that Gruden is an ass who deserved to get chitcanned and your whatsboutisn doesn’t change that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Definition of: "Cannot see the forest for the trees"

1. To not understand or appreciate a larger situation, problem, etc., because one is considering only a few parts of it.  

2. Cannot see, understand, or focus on a situation in its entirety due to being preoccupied with minor details.

11 hours ago, Fireballer said:

You literally cannot make this up.

Reality is wackier than fiction these days.

8 hours ago, MDC said:

The point is that Gruden is an ass who deserved to get chitcanned and your whatsboutisn doesn’t change that. 

This.   I suspect he is an absolute ass, and I suggest his deep thoughts have likely manifested over the years.

But how far back can they go in order to cancel people? Is there some line where you cannot do this to people?

25 minutes ago, RLLD said:

This.   I suspect he is an absolute ass, and I suggest his deep thoughts have likely manifested over the years.

But how far back can they go in order to cancel people? Is there some line where you cannot do this to people?

Getting fired / forced to resign for your own grossly unprofessional behavior isn’t cancelling, unless you’re a bigot with a victim complex.

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

Getting fired / forced to resign for your own grossly unprofessional behavior isn’t cancelling, unless you’re a bigot with a victim complex.

Grossly unprofessional behavior...... Other than Distasteful email, what other actions fall into this behavioral category?

Some racist idiots in this thread.

Also, Gruden's biggest issue was putting it in e-mails which live forever. So he is a racist, potentially homophobic, and an idiot. 

Alot of things are true here, it's not one side or another

1) Gruden is a doosh and deserved to be fired.  His actions were really stupid.

2) Just because he called someone a f@gg0t does mean he hates all gays, conversely you can have someone who does hate all gays but never sends emails using that word

3) Cancel culture is a problem.  I'm rooting for Netflix and Chappelle.

4) The NFL is still filled with guys who call each other f@gs and pu$$ys, along with real criminals.  Anyone who can put a$$es in seats gets a pass.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, RLLD said:

There is no line for Libs.  Just look at things and names that have been taken down or renamed in thr name of a random awakening of "wokeness". 

We should see if any great coach ever said anything racist.  I mean we should dig for it.  Of we find anything they should be scrubbed from the history books.  This is rational right?

28 minutes ago, MDC said:

I think we can all lay claim to a time in our lives where we were not yet mature in our thoughts and behaviors. In fact I suspect that if someone took a snapshot of our worst day or moment it would not show well.

So, is there no allowance for people to reform and "get better"?  If you fall just once and it can be proven you can pay for it later in life? This does not seem rational to me.

13 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I think we can all lay claim to a time in our lives where we were not yet mature in our thoughts and behaviors. In fact I suspect that if someone took a snapshot of our worst day or moment it would not show well.

Just look at posts made here.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, RLLD said:

So, is there no allowance for people to reform and "get better"?  If you fall just once and it can be proven you can pay for it later in life? This does not seem rational to me.

I can’t tell you there was no time in my adult life or professional career where I’d have put what Gruden did in writing.

At least not putting my name to it. :dunno: 

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Not the point.  

Let me know when the Gov of VA or PM of Canada get the same ratings as the NFL.  BTW, what website are we discussing this topic? It couldn't possibly be that people here are more aware of something that they share a mutual interest in.

23 minutes ago, MDC said:

I can’t tell you there was no time in my adult life or professional career where I’d have put what Gruden did in writing.

At least not putting my name to it. :dunno: 

Understood.  What if in the next 5 years society evolved, and it did so to the point where a position you held was no longer acceptable or perhaps tolerated?  What if, under this evolved state of society, it was deemed that YOU were no longer acceptable based on something you wrote or said?

And due to this you were removed from your job, relegated to some lesser way of making a living? Is that just?

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

Gruden was 48 years old when he said this. He wasn't some 15, 20, or 25 year old kid/young adult who didn't know what he was saying. 

And honestly on my worst day I've never called someone the hateful things he said. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

Alot of things are true here, it's not one side or another

1) Gruden is a doosh and deserved to be fired.  His actions were really stupid.

2) Just because he called someone a f@gg0t does mean he hates all gays, conversely you can have someone who does hate all gays but never sends emails using that word

3) Cancel culture is a problem.  I'm rooting for Netflix and Chappelle.

4) The NFL is still filled with guys who call each other f@gs and pu$$ys, along with real criminals.  Anyone who can put a$$es in seats gets a pass.

While I do agree that #3 does get overboard- this wasn't an incident of that.

Gruden does put asses in the seats- he is one of the most celebrated coaches in today's NFL. Problem is he is/was supposed to be a leader and a representative of the league in this instance and he wasn't.

He might not hate all gays but still- don't say that word.

Agree too that the dumbest thing Gruden did in all of this- put it in an e-mail- is what got him fired. 

6 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

And honestly on my worst day I've never called someone the hateful things he said. 

You've never said "f@gg0t"?

29 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Understood.  What if in the next 5 years society evolved, and it did so to the point where a position you held was no longer acceptable or perhaps tolerated?  What if, under this evolved state of society, it was deemed that YOU were no longer acceptable based on something you wrote or said?

And due to this you were removed from your job, relegated to some lesser way of making a living? Is that just?

This is reality for basically everyone in the working world. Why is Jon Gruden the guy you all want to go to bat for? 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

There are people in our government today who believe pet ownership is a form of slavery. If in 50-100 years this becomes fact people who owned a pet in the past can be canceled.Meat eaters can be cancelled too.

25 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

There are people in our government today who believe pet ownership is a form of slavery. If in 50-100 years this becomes fact people who owned a pet in the past can be canceled.Meat eaters can be cancelled too.

That's incredibly raciss to Asians, as they both own AND eat pets. 

18 hours ago, MDC said:

Yeah, looking at the timing and the format and the environment, if I had written the same things in my corporate environment back then I would have been canned.  immediately.

Really is kind of an indictment on the league for not doing anything.

• Haha 1

They should go back a decade or more for each franchise and see what they find.  Open up a league qide investigation on these types of bad words.  Why not?

36 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

They should go back a decade or more for each franchise and see what they find.  Open up a league qide investigation on these types of bad words.  Why not?

Might be some interesting emails regarding the Rooney Rule.  Now that would be a major sh1tstorm for Roger and the NFL. 

You can't release the emails because they probably talk about player evaluations and salary negotiations in there.