Jump to content
Fireballer

John Gruden-next to get canceled

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Felony burglary and misdemeanor battery is in writing as well.  And wasnt from a decade ago on an email to a friend.

Words hurt much more than actions I guess.  In today's puzzyfied world anyway.

Disclaimer: I understand thr NFL and thr Raiders are a business.  And words do hurt their image.

1 guy has a sexual assault charge that isnt prosecuted because the statute of limitations.  Endanger a 22 month old.  And pleads no conteat to felony burglary of a vehicle and misdemeanor battery chargers.  Continues to play.  Recruited by Tom Brady. Wins championship.  Makes millions.

1 guy makes off color comments in an email to a friend 10 years ago that is dug up because of a different situation being investigated.  Shamed out of the league within hours.  

Only in America 

I think that both should be punished and them both forgiven and allowed back after a certain period of time.

 

In this case Antonio brown has been suspended, although I do not remember for what. 

Suspend gruden and then allow him back.

 

I am big on forgiveness. Outside of murder and serial rapists I think most people should be given second and in some cases 3rd or 4th chances. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Lol

I was stating why punishment was different, not that I agree with it. Anything caught on video or in writing is going to be punished more harshly. That is a sad fact of life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MTSkiBum said:

I was stating why punishment was different, not that I agree with it. Anything caught on video or in writing is going to be punished more harshly. That is a sad fact of life.

I know.  I just found your response morbidly funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gruden called Biden a nervous clueless puzzy.  He could win the presidency with honest talk like that!

 

I could see the press trying to use Gruden's collection of comments to try to boost Biden in the polls, only to have it backfire and a Gruden vs Biden storyline winds up repairing Gruden's image instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Isn’t Eminem and Dr. Dre doing the Super Bowl?  

This is a good point.  I'm sure they have plenty of off color lyrics throughout the years.  But that doesn't seem to matter here.  How many times had Eminem said homophobic slurs?

Yet these guys are INVITED in.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

This is a good point.  I'm sure they have plenty of off color lyrics throughout the years.  But that doesn't seem to matter here.  How many times had Eminem said homophobic slurs?

Yet these guys are INVITED in.  

You're right of course.  They'd better replace Eminem w a black rapper.  Maybe special guest Ice-T can perform a rousing sing along version of "Cop Killer"? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When we bring up musical elements I think the approach is to hide behind it as being "art" and therefore it enjoys some special protections.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dogcows said:

Gruden’s emails are just like most GC posts. It’s just that the people here with similar opinions are smart enough to post their racist/homophobic/misogynist tirades under a pseudonym on an obscure Internet forum instead of in a work email....

You wanna be a racist? Sure you’re free to be one. You wanna send racist emails at work? Um, yeah - when they find those, you’re gonna get fired.

I don’t doubt many NFL coaches/players/executives agree with Gruden. But most of them keep it off official emails and social media.

Yep.  I mentioned all of this to my wife yesterday and her first reaction was "he sent that stuff in WORK EMAILS?! :shocking: "  Dumdum.  

Also, to those mentioning statute of limitations:  this is not a single incident, this is a clear pattern of behavior which is bad PR for the shield.  Hey Jon, the good news is we'll give you $100M over $10 years.  The bad news is we'll stop doing it if it comes up that you were an idiot who now causes us damage. :dunno: 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Yep.  I mentioned all of this to my wife yesterday and her first reaction was "he sent that stuff in WORK EMAILS?! :shocking: "  Dumdum.  

Also, to those mentioning statute of limitations:  this is not a single incident, this is a clear pattern of behavior which is bad PR for the shield.  Hey Jon, the good news is we'll give you $100M over $10 years.  The bad news is we'll stop doing it if it comes up that you were an idiot who now causes us damage. :dunno: 

Gruden isn’t even that good of a coach 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tikigods said:

Gruden isn’t even that good of a coach 

Well, there is that too.  :thumbsup: 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RLLD said:

When we bring up musical elements I think the approach is to hide behind it as being "art" and therefore it enjoys some special protections.

Yeah. Freedom of expression when you sing it is different than freedom of expression when you say it I guess. :dunno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What did he say or do that is so wrong?

I heard Rich Gannon talking about this along with other NFL guys and he said that in the locker room he personally and everyone else in the room have said things that would have gone way wrong with public image in these times.

I bet a million dollars it still goes on in every locker rooms today. I know some black dudes that when we all hang out are 10x worse when joking about white people than the white guys talking about black people and everyone still gets a good laugh on the back and forth of it all.  

The focking woke culture in this country has crossed the limits since hussein was in office. 

Just cancel football for God's sake and people can move on with their lives. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing is going to happen..Goodell got his lb of flesh but nothing gonna change.

Remember the kapernick fiasco???  All the support and uproar...and he still didnt get a job and no one cares..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is all you need to know about today's NFL... 

Interesting how they avoid scary words like "straight" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Yeah. Freedom of expression when you sing it is different than freedom of expression when you say it I guess. :dunno:

Maybe gruden can claim his emails were meant to be poems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nobody said:

Maybe gruden can claim his emails were meant to be poems.

Hickory Dickory Quack

This chick was sucking my cack

The clock struck 2

And I blew my goo

and then I tossed her back in the sack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, nobody said:

Maybe gruden can claim his emails were meant to be poems.

BRILLIANT!!!! 

His raciss statements about the NFLPA dude's lips was OBVIOUSLY part of a rap battle! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The NFL has said they won’t release any more emails or other documents from their Redskins WFT investigation. They’ve got their 2 scapegoats: Bruce Allen and Jon Gruden. There is 0% chance that this crap doesn’t go all the way up to the owner Dan Snyder… and I bet lots of other NFL execs participated in similar email exchanges. For some reason, the NFL chose these 2 as the fall guys. If they ever leak any of this, multiple owners would be implicated, I am certain. Just like the Patriots/Rams Super Bowl, the NFL will dole out the penalties and destroy the evidence. 

Remember, this is a league that belongs directly to the team owners (the commissioner works for THEM). They won’t expose each other because once that happens, they’re all toast.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody hearing much about this? I'm sure calling someone a name is so bad that his charity work has been shoved aside. 

Raiders establish All For You Crew to address social injustice

HENDERSON, Nev. – Las Vegas Raiders Head Coach Jon Gruden and the Raiders players have established a charitable platform called The All For You Crew, in partnership with the Raiders Foundation. The All For You Crew is focused on addressing social injustices by supporting Southern Nevada charities dedicated to helping the community through programs and opportunities involving three pillars: first responders, education and youth programming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  So stupid.  Yeah ok we talk like that and so what.   What we don't do is put it in emails or take it outside of the locker room.   If you're that dumb you deserve it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are white and make fun of a white person you're all good.

If you are black and make fun of a white person you're all good.

If you are black and make fun of a black person you're all good.

If you are white and make fun of a black person you should lose your job and be labeled a racist for the world to see.

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone remember every liberal making fun of Trump's looks? They put it on talk shows and laughed about it non stop.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which one is worse?

The guy has lips the size of tires.

Or

I'm not as nasty as a man who looks like he bathes in cheetos dust.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Buccaneers announced on Tuesday that they will remove former head coach Jon Gruden from their Ring of Honor.

Gruden resigned from his post as Raiders head coach on Monday after emails he sent demonstrating blatant racism, homophobia, misogyny, and other types of bigotry were leaked. Tampa Bay wasted no time in removing the Super Bowl-winning coach from their Ring of Honor. The team also released a statement saying they believe in promoting equality and diversity.

SOURCE: ProFootballTalk
Oct 12, 2021, 6:03 PM ET
  •  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

The Buccaneers announced on Tuesday that they will remove former head coach Jon Gruden from their Ring of Honor.

Gruden resigned from his post as Raiders head coach on Monday after emails he sent demonstrating blatant racism, homophobia, misogyny, and other types of bigotry were leaked. Tampa Bay wasted no time in removing the Super Bowl-winning coach from their Ring of Honor. The team also released a statement saying they believe in promoting equality and diversity.

SOURCE: ProFootballTalk
Oct 12, 2021, 6:03 PM ET
  •  

 

JFC...this world is no more than hypocrites trying to do anything to put deposits in their woke bank accounts.  It's all fluff that will hopefully save them when the woke come for them.  Bending the knee just makes you more vulnerable.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warren Sapp is in the Ring of Honor and Antonio Brown is playing Sunday.

:lol:
 

I’m just saying.  It’s a crazy world out there.  They're even trying to cancel Dave Chappelle.  Every company has highly paid DEI (diversity equity inclusion) personnel who must justify their salary.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Anybody hearing much about this? I'm sure calling someone a name is so bad that his charity work has been shoved aside. 

Raiders establish All For You Crew to address social injustice

HENDERSON, Nev. – Las Vegas Raiders Head Coach Jon Gruden and the Raiders players have established a charitable platform called The All For You Crew, in partnership with the Raiders Foundation. The All For You Crew is focused on addressing social injustices by supporting Southern Nevada charities dedicated to helping the community through programs and opportunities involving three pillars: first responders, education and youth programming.

Look at all the good Don Imus did

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Look at all the good Don Imus did

What did he do? Talk show guy? I know nothing about him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, supermike80 said:

  So stupid.  Yeah ok we talk like that and so what.   What we don't do is put it in emails or take it outside of the locker room.   If you're that dumb you deserve it

If they played by this letter of the law it would be hard for many of these teams to field a whole roster.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

If they played by this letter of the law it would be hard for many of these teams to field a whole roster.

Or have a half time show 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He will laugh all the way to the bank I am sure.

In reality people like Gruden will struggle with this, he is something of a narcissist and this will strike him to his core, regardless of the millions he has fleeced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, RLLD said:

When we bring up musical elements I think the approach is to hide behind it as being "art" and therefore it enjoys some special protections.

Professional sports is entertainment.  Like going to a movie or a concert.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm... Gruden's emails leaked the day of a vote to retain DeMaurice Smith, who has kept "labor peace," which is code for "acquiesced to owner's demands."  Smith wins with the minimum votes.  Just a coincidence I'm sure.  :rolleyes: 

Quote

By Jay Hart

Yesterday's story was Jon Gruden resigning as head coach of the Las Vegas Raiders over content inside some leaked emails. Today's story: Who leaked those emails and why, after 10 months of the NFL investigating alleged workplace misconduct within the Washington Football Team organization, the only dirty laundry to be aired is about a coach of a football team 2,400 miles west of D.C.?

Whether or not you feel Gruden is a victim here, he certainly is a scapegoat. Some 650,000 emails to dig into, and his are the first and only so far to be made public? The only person being held accountable thus far for workplace misconduct is ... a guy who’s never worked for the organization under investigation for workplace misconduct.

If the NFL isn’t actually hiding anything from its investigation into alleged harassment within the WFT organization, it’s doing a bang-up job of looking like it is. The league reportedly won’t release a formal written report into its investigation, which begs that question of how the Gruden emails got out?

Our Charles Robinson took a look at that exact question, circling it around who benefited most from the Gruden revelations. Here's where it gets interesting.

The first leaked emails emerged Friday in which Gruden made a crude reference to the size of NFLPA boss DeMaurice Smith's lips. Coincidentally (or not), later that same day the NFLPA held a vote on whether or not to retain Smith as head of the union. The union did, but barely, with Smith reportedly receiving the minimum 22 votes to earn another term.

"The timeline of those events is suggestive that even if the NFL didn’t play a part in the leaks, the breaches may have accomplished what the league wanted to happen," Robinson writes. "And that — in theory — includes the re-affirmation of DeMaurice Smith as head of the player’s union, which was arguably a positive development for the NFL given that the league was able to broker continued labor peace with Smith at the controls ...

"If the leaked email to the Wall Street Journal helped Smith remain at the head of the union — and the NFL sees Smith as a leader it can work with peacefully — then it’s an arguable point that the leaked email about Smith helped the NFL as well."

In other words, if you were wondering how Jon Gruden got swept up in an investigation into a team he'd never worked for, well ... 

Or if you were wondering why, out of 650,000 emails the NFL had privy to, Gruden's and Gruden's alone have been made public, well ...

It's worth taking a closer look, not at who didn't benefit, but who did.

Readers react: You've heard from us, now we want to hear from you. Hit us up at readandreact@yahoosports.com with thoughts on the NFL's investigation into the WFT or anything else in today's newsletter, and you might just see your words below.

No link, this was a Yahoo email.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Hmm... Gruden's emails leaked the day of a vote to retain DeMaurice Smith, who has kept "labor peace," which is code for "acquiesced to owner's demands."  Smith wins with the minimum votes.  Just a coincidence I'm sure.  :rolleyes: 

No link, this was a Yahoo email.

I want to see some of the emails from some of the black players in the NFL. I bet those are juicy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I want to see some of the emails from some of the black players in the NFL. I bet those are juicy. 

You’ll need an interpreter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×