Sign in to follow this  
huskyhater75

Julio Jones-rosterable?

I've got him on my bench, he's currently hurt and hasn't done anything when he's played, is he ever gonna do anything? Or should he have retired? Thinking of dropping him for somebody like Shenault that actually plays. Thoughts?

You know his 10 point per game avg last season non ppr matched his lowest in his carrier. I think I agree with the OP. 

Im not sure he is  worth of a roster spot unless one has a wr doing even less😁.  

1 hour ago, huskyhater75 said:

I've got him on my bench, he's currently hurt and hasn't done anything when he's played, is he ever gonna do anything? Or should he have retired? Thinking of dropping him for somebody like Shenault that actually plays. Thoughts?

Shenault's on your waiver?

44 minutes ago, weepaws said:

You know his 10 point per game avg last season non ppr matched his lowest in his carrier. I think I agree with the OP. 

Im not sure he is  worth of a roster spot unless one has a wr doing even less😁.  

Thanks Weepaws, you're ALWAYS here to help! My WRs are my weak point (Ridley, Julio, Mike Williams, ODB), I was thinking of replacing Julio with somebody like Shenault or Jaylon Waddle. I kinda need someone who really plays and does something when they're in there.

6 hours ago, huskyhater75 said:

Thanks Weepaws, you're ALWAYS here to help! My WRs are my weak point (Ridley, Julio, Mike Williams, ODB), I was thinking of replacing Julio with somebody like Shenault or Jaylon Waddle. I kinda need someone who really plays and does something when they're in there.

Wow.....JJ,Williams,OBJ.......3 guys that detonate on a yearly basis...T&P's

I was thinking towards the end of last season that he's on his last legs.

It's looking like those may be gone as well. I thought it was a really bad sign when the Falcons were willing to let him go.

He's going the way of many WRs like him in the past, the big, lanky, physical type. About 30 or so, the wheels start to go, like Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant, etc. Same with Julio.

He's certainly not the same, all-world WR he once was, but he probably still has a big game or two left in him. Good luck guessing which games they're gonna be.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, polecatt said:

I was thinking towards the end of last season that he's on his last legs.

I thought the same thing about A.J. Green.

Take away week 1 & he's having a great year. 

Of course he plays in a completely different type of offense.

3 hours ago, easilyscan said:

I thought the same thing about A.J. Green.

Take away week 1 & he's having a great year. 

Of course he plays in a completely different type of offense.

Well, if he's going to be like AJ Green, then he's in the start of the phase where he's terrible for a few seasons. Maybe in two or three years he'll be decent again

• Thanks 1

Lol I know the attack will happen when I post this. , but he’s avg 10 per game non ppr his last three games, and he’s been a wr26 week 2, and a wr16 week 3 and 4, I don’t think that’s great, good mid wr 2 good. And that’s not a surprise at all, most starting players will have bad games and avg to great games now and then.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Lol I know the attack will happen when I post this. , but he’s avg 10 per game non ppr his last three games, and he’s been a wr26 week 2, and a wr16 week 3 and 4, I don’t think that’s great, good mid wr 2 good. And that’s not a surprise at all, most starting players will have bad games and avg to great games now and then.  

So Weeps, would you drop him for Shenault or maybe Higgins? I REALLY need points this week and Julio looks washed up-what do YOU think? Same as Beckham? I have him on my roster, he has an injured QB and a tough matchup this week, with Landry coming back soon. Help?

I like Higgins.  I’m not so excited about Jones or Beckham.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

Thank you Weeps, Bless You.

Thank you very much.