Sign in to follow this  
Ray_T

Aiyuk buy low?

well, it looks like his stock has dropped somewhat.

I just saw him traded to someone for Devante Parker.

If you can get him for Devante Parker value, I'd say, yes, you should buy low if you have room to wait for Deebo to get hurt.

I’d want him over Parker for the upside. Kittle is out, could be a good week for him. 

If Kittle, Debo and Aiyuk are all going I’d not expect much consistency until the inevitable injuries. 

Parker and Aiyuk about the same. Aiyuk might not be the biggest bust to date, but he’s on the list for many.  

It seems like many on here don’t understand the concept of ‘buying low’…

12 minutes ago, jrokh said:

It seems like many on here don’t understand the concept of ‘buying low’…

It's basically the same as Wall Street. Some people look for 'value stocks' 

Stocks, that for whatever reason, aren't performing well. (selling at 52 week low's) 

Sometimes it works out, (a temporary issue) & sometimes it doesn't.

1 minute ago, easilyscan said:

It's basically the same as Wall Street. Some people look for 'value stocks' 

Stocks, that for whatever reason, aren't performing well. (selling at 52 week low's) 

Sometimes it works out, (a temporary issue) & sometimes it doesn't.

Very similar indeed. The key in fantasy is to target players with talent that the simple minded might call a bust after a few games…

Especially with Kittle out and the 9ers needing to throw to stay in the game, now is a great time to pickup Aiyuk.

I’m considering dropping E Sanders for him in one league and A Green in another…

I’d take him if I could trade away my drop candidate for him, but that’s about it. Kittle wasn’t doing much so not sure how that opens up Aiyuk to do a lot more than he’s been doing. I don’t think switching to lance helps either. 

27 minutes ago, Serenity Now said:

Kittle wasn’t doing much so not sure how that opens up Aiyuk to do a lot more than he’s been doing.

Kittle was averaging 7 targets a game. Some of those will likely go to Aiyuk. The 3 games Kittle will have to miss at minimum are Zona, Indy and Chicago, all bottom third pass defenses. Not saying Aiyuk will erupt like last year, but now is the time to get him, before his value shoots up.

This is the same Niners wr named Aiyuk that some where drafting as a low wr1? And a high wr2.? Yeah I would say after four games he’s been a bust, he went from Avg 10 points per game last season to 4 this season, if you drafted him and still own him how do you see it ?  ( don’t draft a te until double digit rounds , just a simple reminder to those that draft the Kittle) I would expect Aiyuk target share to rise.  If they don’t , oh boy.  

I wouldn’t give much for him.  

I want to current owners in my three leagues to keep waiting for that explosion to happen , I don’t now think he’ll match last season, if you can find what I said about him during the summer it matches what I said today. 

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Kittle was averaging 7 targets a game. Some of those will likely go to Aiyuk. The 3 games Kittle will have to miss at minimum are Zona, Indy and Chicago, all bottom third pass defenses. Not saying Aiyuk will erupt like last year, but now is the time to get him, before his value shoots up.

So those 7 targets automatically go to him and not the leading receiver Samuel or others? I’m fine buying low on him but I won’t give up much for him. Until Samuel gets hurt or I see something, he’s a borderline cut candidate .

12 minutes ago, Serenity Now said:

So those 7 targets automatically go to him and not the leading receiver Samuel or others? I’m fine buying low on him but I won’t give up much for him. Until Samuel gets hurt or I see something, he’s a borderline cut candidate .

If you actually read what I said as you can see above " Some of those will likely go to Aiyuk". You aren't really fine with buying low on him if you have to wait till you see something first. Buying low implies getting him before the rise in value. Waiting means you would have to pay more, so not buying low at all...

22 minutes ago, jrokh said:

If you actually read what I said as you can see above " Some of those will likely go to Aiyuk". You aren't really fine with buying low on him if you have to wait till you see something first. Buying low implies getting him before the rise in value. Waiting means you would have to pay more, so not buying low at all...

If you actually read what I said previously id buy low if I can get him for someone I’m about to cut…

9 minutes ago, Serenity Now said:

If you actually read what I said previously id buy low if I can get him for someone I’m about to cut…

I did. Why would someone trade a guy who's about to increase his target share for someone they could get on the wire? What you are really saying is if someone dropped him you would consider cutting someone else to pick him up. Not the same thing as buying low. HTH...

21 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I did. Why would someone trade a guy who's about to increase his target share for someone they could get on the wire? What you are really saying is if someone dropped him you would consider cutting someone else to pick him up. Not the same thing as buying low. HTH...

Yeah, he’s little above waiver wire to me that’s buying low at this point. There’s very little that points to him being viable at this point. Hoping he gets an extra 3 targets a game doesn’t change much in my view.our version of low on him is just different I guess.

Weeks  two and four Aiyuk had a combine 5 targets and produced 2.1 combine ff points non of course.  

Week three he had 6 targets produced 10 ff points non ppr of course, so I think those extra three targets might make a difference.  

3 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Weeks  two and four Aiyuk had a combine 5 targets and produced 2.1 combine ff points non of course.  

Week three he had 6 targets produced 10 ff points non ppr of course, so I think those extra three targets might make a difference.  

You mean the week he scored a td he had decent week? He’ll still be TD dependent 

Also the week he had his most targets. Those extra targets and a td= 10 non ppr ff points . 

I don't know if he's gonna pick it up.

There may only be enough room for one good fantasy WR on the 49ers, and that's Deebo.

Unless Trey Lance starts and he favors Aiyuk, I don't see it

Like I said earlier on thread, I don’t want him.  

Still don’t want Aiyuk 

Had high hopes for him…drafted him in 2 $ leagues, and held onto him despite a number of trade offers in a keeper league.

At this point he’s permanently on my bench unless he can put up a few double digit point games in a row.

On 10/9/2021 at 8:15 PM, polecatt said:

I don't know if he's gonna pick it up.

There may only be enough room for one good fantasy WR on the 49ers, and that's Deebo.

Unless Trey Lance starts and he favors Aiyuk, I don't see it

well, after what we saw this week, I question if any WR is worth holding if Lance is at the helm of this ship.

the good news is that Garoppolo will be back soon.   it does not look like Lance is ready to take over yet.

aftter  the bye, Garoppolo should be back.  I think the Aiyuk breakout should happen now.

his replacement  hasnt exactly lit it up so far.  nobody not named Samuel or Kitttle has put up more than 50 yards receiving. At some point they have to go back to him.

My guess is  it needs to happen soon.

I'm not suggesting  you start him, but if you can get him  cheap (or on waivers) you sit  him  on the bench  until that breakout comes.

if Shanny is like  his old man, he likes to tear players  down and build em back up.  so Im guessing he will bring him, play him, and then say he turned him around with good coaching.(even if the coaching had nothing  to do with it)

• Like 1

When does one know when that break out game happens , can’t trust those 3 point games. 

45 minutes ago, weepaws said:

When does one know when that break out game happens , can’t trust those 3 point games. 

I said pick him up.  I didnt say start him.

Not worth picking up , if one shouldn’t start him. 

47 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Not worth picking up , if one shouldn’t start him. 

everyone has a bench.  they are called backups because they are not starting.  but at some point you inevitably start them when you have injuries or byes.

So when does one know when to inevitably start Aiyuk? 

usually its obvious when the right time is. I wouldnt start him yet unless you are in a pinch and have no other choice.  I personally like to see my breakout candidate have at least one and possibly 2 good weeks under his belt before starting him.   But if desperate for a good play and none can be had elsewhere, hes as good a gamble as anyone out there.  At least hes getting the looks now.

I think we are close.  he got 7 targets last week.   Mediocre week, but better than what we have seen.

I suspect it happens soon.  If he breaks out it will be the next 2-3 weeks or not at all.  I know Shanny can be stubborn and thats what makes the situation a bit more scary than typical. 

• Like 1

ahhh ray....i didnt see this thread! didnt realize you had already made one! i come around in spurts and missed this....

yeah..i believe shanny wants him to thrive and needs him to....it was an effort thing i believe and it appears he may have straightened it out....i guess shanny wasnt too happy with his effort when the ball wasnt going to his side of the field

7 hours ago, bobby heenan said:

ahhh ray....i didnt see this thread! didnt realize you had already made one! i come around in spurts and missed this....

yeah..i believe shanny wants him to thrive and needs him to....it was an effort thing i believe and it appears he may have straightened it out....i guess shanny wasnt too happy with his effort when the ball wasnt going to his side of the field

reasonable to be sure.

but sometimes when the QB goes to a second or third read, if you are not where you are supposed to be you just dont get the ball.

also, you dont wanna be tipping off the defense with something you are doing(or not doing) to tell them where the ball will (or wont) be.

so if thats the case.... dumb move on his part.

Things haven’t really fell his way. Doghouse first 2 weeks. Then he had a ok week 3 with 4 catches for 37 yards and a TD. Then Garoppolo was injured for week 4 and 5. Bye week 6. Bad weather game week 7. Week 8 was ok 4 for 45 yards and a defender made a nice play in the RZ to prefent him for a TD. 
I think he is a good buy low because it will just cost waiver fodder.

im holding him like I held Juju last year after everyone was like cut his ass, but he ended up putting up wr2/3 numbers.

Based on Jimmy G lack of ability to stay healthy, I think the Qb issue will return.  

D Samuel is great trade bait if you own him and you need a rb.  

Ive seen some post that Kupp won’t be able to keep up His production going forward. 

Kupp might not , but based on Qb play he has a much better chance than D Samuel does.  Right now D Samuel stock is soaring , and the chances that it starts to lower going forwards I think is very high,  if one needs a rb 1-2 i would see what one could get for D Samuel. 

Thanks.