Sign in to follow this  
bfros

Awful conundrum please advise?

I just dropped my kicker to pick up Mattison. If he starts and Cook is inactive, I’ve got a huge conundrum. Btw i am starting Adams and Hill as my 2 WRs and MCLaurin as flex cause it’s a full ppr. 

I have two start/sit options with respect to my RBs. I already had Henderson in one of my RB spots. The question is whether to start Mattison or Damian Willians in the other. 

Scenario 1: start Mattison. If I did this, I would have to drop one of the following RBs for a kicker: Montgomery, Damian Williams, Carson, E.Mitchell, Damian Harris. All costly drops. 

Scenario 2: start Damian Williams and drop Mattison for a kicker (Since Cook likely returns soon). Even tho Mattison is likely gonna be better than Williams this week I just accept the likely point difference since it allows me not to have to drop another valuable running back. 

which scenario you advise? I need a win or I drop to 2-3 

3 hours ago, bfros said:

Scenario 2: start Damian Williams and drop Mattison for a kicker (Since Cook likely returns soon). Even tho Mattison is likely gonna be better than Williams this week I just accept the likely point difference since it allows me not to have to drop another valuable running back. 

Thats why

12 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

Thats why

well I started Wilson as my Qb and he was terrible so I'm already gonna be chasing points. I think Mattison against DET could easily be 10+ points better than Damian Williams. If they would just put David Montgomery on IR I could move him to my IR spot and pick up a kicker that way. 

If you  played Mattison and then had to drop one of my RBs for a kicker, which RB would you drop?  

If Cook isn’t playing I would start Mattison 

5 minutes ago, weepaws said:

If Cook isn’t playing I would start Mattison 

and if I start Mattison and not Damian Willaims, I would need to drop one of the following for a kicker: Montgomery, Damian Williams , Carson, E.Mitchell, Damian Harris. Which one would you drop? 

If cook starts its probably gonna be a split timeshare to ease Cook back into the grind he was doing before. Williams "Should" straight up work horse the backfield as long as they don't put the rookie in. I see them letting William's loose though since he has proven what he could do last game. Your set on RB's already with insurance on the bears backfield. If cook starts I would drop Mattison and do some research on what kickers you have on the waiver, kickers will get you at least 4-5 points extra avg. or just play with no kicker. I've done that before since the risk/reward for dropping who I had was not worth it. If the other team as someone that played Thursday that didn't pan out I would roll the dice with no kicker.  

5 minutes ago, killerpopcorn said:

If cook starts its probably gonna be a split timeshare to ease Cook back into the grind he was doing before. Williams "Should" straight up work horse the backfield as long as they don't put the rookie in. I see them letting William's loose though since he has proven what he could do last game. Your set on RB's already with insurance on the bears backfield. If cook starts I would drop Mattison and do some research on what kickers you have on the waiver, kickers will get you at least 4-5 points extra avg. or just play with no kicker. I've done that before since the risk/reward for dropping who I had was not worth it. If the other team as someone that played Thursday that didn't pan out I would roll the dice with no kicker.  

if Cooks is in any way active, I would play Damian Williams and drop Mattison for a kicker. The only way I would hold Mattison and play him over Damian Williams is if Cook was announced as inactive prior to 1pm game.  And if I did that, I'd have to drop one of my relatively valuable RBs to do that (which is the conundrum for me...whether it's worth it to do that or not). 

3 minutes ago, bfros said:

if Cooks is in any way active, I would play Damian Williams and drop Mattison for a kicker. The only way I would hold Mattison and play him over Damian Williams is if Cook was announced as inactive prior to 1pm game.  And if I did that, I'd have to drop one of my relatively valuable RBs to do that (which is the conundrum for me...whether it's worth it to do that or not). 

So what's the point of having D William's on your roster? You have a insurance policy(and a good one) to your main RB1 use it. If your wanting points then you need to drop Mattison regardless of cooks status and pick up a kicker. 

26 minutes ago, killerpopcorn said:

So what's the point of having D William's on your roster? You have a insurance policy(and a good one) to your main RB1 use it. If your wanting points then you need to drop Mattison regardless of cooks status and pick up a kicker. 

I would agree.  If Cook isn’t a go I would start Mattison over D Williams. 

But if Cook if playing than you don’t need Mattison.  

In my league you can’t not play with an open slot, so you must have a kicker let’s say for your points to count.  

But if you wan to keep all of them regardless than go no kicker.  

8 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I would agree.  If Cook isn’t a go I would start Mattison over D Williams. 

But if Cook if playing than you don’t need Mattison.  

In my league you can’t not play with an open slot, so you must have a kicker let’s say for your points to count.  

But if you wan to keep all of them regardless than go no kicker.  

I don't think you or killerpopcorn is understanding. Maybe re-read my opening post? 

I am going to pick up a kicker. And the dilemma is not simply whether to play Mattison over Damian Williams if Cook is out. Obviously if Cook is out, Mattison vs Detroit is a much better RB than Damian Williams this week. 

The dilemma is whether it would be worth it long term for my roster to hold Mattison and play him (if Cook is out) and drop one of my other RBs to pick up a kicker. That's the question. In other words, Is the upgrade from Damian Williams to Mattison so good that it would justify me dropping one of my other RBs (Montgomery, Damian Williams, Carson, E.Mitchell, or Damian Harris) to pick up my kicker and be able to play Mattison. You get it?  If it's not worth it, then I play Damian Williams and drop Mattison for a kicker and just live with whatever Damian williams can get me. 

34 minutes ago, bfros said:

I don't think you or killerpopcorn is understanding. Maybe re-read my opening post? 

I am going to pick up a kicker. And the dilemma is not simply whether to play Mattison over Damian Williams if Cook is out. Obviously if Cook is out, Mattison vs Detroit is a much better RB than Damian Williams this week. 

The dilemma is whether it would be worth it long term for my roster to hold Mattison and play him (if Cook is out) and drop one of my other RBs to pick up a kicker. That's the question. In other words, Is the upgrade from Damian Williams to Mattison so good that it would justify me dropping one of my other RBs (Montgomery, Damian Williams, Carson, E.Mitchell, or Damian Harris) to pick up my kicker and be able to play Mattison. You get it?  If it's not worth it, then I play Damian Williams and drop Mattison for a kicker and just live with whatever Damian williams can get me. 

Hey I did answer the question, drop Mattison if Cook plays, or Go without a kicker.  Get it.  Did you not see that I said if Cook plays than you don’t need Mattison, now do you get it.  Everyone is giving you a problem solving answer . 

Calm down Francis. 

Montgomery placed on IR.  

• Like 1

I get exactly what your saying...

Your RB1 was Monty...you picked up D Williams to replace him.

You seen Mattison on the waivers and dropped a kicker(even though you needed him) to pick him up. 

Now you see both Matty and William's in great matchup's while thinking long-term. You HAVE the back up to your main RB so your not getting rid of him.

Matty is only a option if cook is out and if he is its pay dirt for Matty.

I would drop Mattison get a kicker and roll Williams...what's the point of having a backup to your RB1 if your not going use it. not to mention all the other RB's on your team. If its to the point your dropping a kicker you need for a back up RB when you have all the others on your team then you really don't need those RB's on your roster. Damien Harris is projected better stats then William's. Only reason he sucked was because TB and NO's have very good Run Def.

• Like 1