Kopy

So. Who's gettin the flu shot?

Just now, dain11279 said:

Couple weeks ago for me. Mandated for my job, 20 years now :dunno:

You must work for Hitler.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Haven't gotten one in 50 years. Why start now? 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Why should I?

Because if they gamble right and actually get the right strain in the Vax, you could reduce your sniffles from 5 days to 4.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

got it last month during my regular physical since I was there.  Done it every year for the last 10 years.  Us old guys need all the protection we can get.

Except when I'm with your mom - then I use no protection.

• Haha 1

Why? We eradicated the flu last year

• Like 1

Got it already.  Always do.  The couple of times I skipped getting it I got the flu and it focking sucked.

Didn't start getting it until 10 years ago, when I switched jobs and my new employer was offering it for free, so I've gotten it every year since. I'll be getting it at the end of this month.

I havent had the flu in at least a decade.  Or if I have I had no real symptoms.  My immune system is really good.  I think I got the shot once in college.  

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I usually always get one.  A nurse comes to our business and gives them so I figure I might as well.

The thread is about flu shots, but bj’s. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I havent had the flu in at least a decade.  Or if I have I had no real symptoms.  My immune system is really good.  I think I got the shot once in college.  

Same

42 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

The thread is about flu shots, but bj’s. 

Not so fast :nono:

I'm picturing a nurse outfit with t1tties practically falling out.

3 minutes ago, Kopy said:

Good point.  Let's get confirmation on it.  I know he's hiring.

6 minutes ago, Kopy said:

I'd get the flu shot if that was part of the deal.

I used to not get it but started 11 years ago when my daughter got diabetes.  For this year I’ll ask my oncologist this Friday when I see him but he’ll probably say go for it.

• Sad 1

I will get a flu shot, however flu season in Houston is normally January-May. Since flu vaccines decrease at a rate of 10% efficiency per month it makes more sense for me to get a shot in late December than now.

Edit to include source.

Overall, the study demonstrated that influenza vaccine effectiveness peaks shortly after vaccination and then declines at a rate of 8% per 30 days against influenza A (H3N2), 9% per 30 days against influenza A (H1N1), and 8% per 30 days against influenza B viruses among all adults 18 years or older.

Ferdinands noted that, among adults 65 years and older, the declines are even greater, with effectiveness declining at a rate of 11% per 30 days against influenza A (H3N2), 10% per 30 days against influenza A (H1N1), and 11% against influenza B viruses.

https://www.healio.com/news/infectious-disease/20210209/flu-vaccine-effectiveness-declines-around-10-per-month-following-shot

2 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

I will get a flu shot, however flu season in Houston is normally January-May. Since flu vaccines decrease at a rate of 10% efficiency per month it makes more sense for me to get a shot in late December than now.

Edit to include source.

Overall, the study demonstrated that influenza vaccine effectiveness peaks shortly after vaccination and then declines at a rate of 8% per 30 days against influenza A (H3N2), 9% per 30 days against influenza A (H1N1), and 8% per 30 days against influenza B viruses among all adults 18 years or older.

Ferdinands noted that, among adults 65 years and older, the declines are even greater, with effectiveness declining at a rate of 11% per 30 days against influenza A (H3N2), 10% per 30 days against influenza A (H1N1), and 11% against influenza B viruses.

https://www.healio.com/news/infectious-disease/20210209/flu-vaccine-effectiveness-declines-around-10-per-month-following-shot

Interesting, very helpful.  I looked and it seems the peak in Phoenix varies from January to March, sometimes being bimodal out to a later date.  But the ramp starts no sooner than December.  I think I'll wait until mid November; it takes 2 weeks for it to be effective, so that has me ready to go in December.  :cheers: