Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

George Kittle Lands on IR

Recommended Posts

Of course he did.  He's on my FF roster so that should have been the very first indication he was going to get injured.  :doh:

I'm done with this guy from now on.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another outstanding reason one should wait to draft a te in the double digit rounds, I’m sure this will be a topic once again next offseason. 

Thanks. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Another outstanding reason one should wait to draft a te in the double digit rounds, I’m sure this will be a topic once again next offseason. 

Thanks. 

Going to remember this next year.  Should've picked Godwin in the 3rd.  Now I have to run with Mo Allie Cox and whoever else for the next 3 weeks or more.  :doh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Another outstanding reason one should wait to draft a te in the double digit rounds, I’m sure this will be a topic once again next offseason. 

Thanks. 

The draft is just about value. I wait on te but I’ll take one when I see value. You can wait on every position and be fine if you draft right. Every guy that goes zero rb and has Patterson swears by it. The person that didn’t take a wr early but drafted Williams and other says that’s the way to go. Multiple ways to skin the cat…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen the cat skinned many ways....when you do the math...the guys that stay the course & get their 2 RB's & 2 WR's first, before going off the reservation.....win more often. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

I've seen the cat skinned many ways....when you do the math...the guys that stay the course & get their 2 RB's & 2 WR's first, before going off the reservation.....win more often. 

I think it’s  also about understanding when to buy or sell at the right time after the draft. When seeing something week 1 or 2 am deciding if it’s a red flag or an anomaly and selling or buying before the fantasy community is on to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Serenity Now said:

I think it’s  also about understanding when to buy or sell at the right time after the draft. When seeing something week 1 or 2 am deciding if it’s a red flag or an anomaly and selling or buying before the fantasy community is on to it.

Every bit as important as the draft👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Serenity Now said:

The draft is just about value. I wait on te but I’ll take one when I see value. You can wait on every position and be fine if you draft right. Every guy that goes zero rb and has Patterson swears by it. The person that didn’t take a wr early but drafted Williams and other says that’s the way to go. Multiple ways to skin the cat…

Disagree, ask the Stafford and Cousins and Knox and Schultz and Higbee owners. 

You can’t wait that long to take Rbs and WRs, one can easily win in ff taking qbs and tes in the double digit rounds.  If you wait to long at Rbs and WRs it’s going to cost you, and even more so when it comes to rb and wr depth. 

Ps I’m not skinning a cat   

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Disagree, ask the Stafford and Cousins and Knox and Schultz and Higbee owners. 

You can’t wait that long to take Rbs and WRs, one can easily win in ff taking qbs and tes in the double digit rounds.  If you wait to long at Rbs and WRs it’s going to cost you, and even more so when it comes to rb and wr depth. 

Ps I’m not skinning a cat   

 

 

I waited on wrs and am first in scoring and top scorer 3 of 4 weeks and #2 the other week. Took Mahomes early and Hockenson when he fell to me. Moved on from players at the right time and bought players at the right time. You’ll find people in every league that drafted different. I’ll always take rbs early and wrs are a dime a dozen after the top two or three to me. That’s my philosophy, but others who are still successful may have a different view.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing to add except to say I'm pleasantly surprised..

2 people mentioned 'skinning a cat' another mentioned 'going off the reservation'

No soy boys have complained yet.

Maybe there's hope for this country after all....lol

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Serenity Now said:

I waited on wrs and am first in scoring and top scorer 3 of 4 weeks and #2 the other week. Took Mahomes early and Hockenson when he fell to me. Moved on from players at the right time and bought players at the right time. You’ll find people in every league that drafted different. I’ll always take rbs early and wrs are a dime a dozen after the top two or three to me. That’s my philosophy, but others who are still successful may have a different view.

Congrats, and Hockensen as produced 5 non ppr points his last two games, you could have stream and done better imo.  

But that your the ff owner ever and that your dominance in your league doesn’t tell me anything, maybe you play with a bunch of bad drafters. 

So once again proves that one should wait until the double digit rounds to draft te and now Qb since it was brought up.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Congrats, and Hockensen as produced 5 non ppr points his last two games, you could have stream and done better imo.  

But that your the ff owner ever and that your dominance in your league doesn’t tell me anything, maybe you play with a bunch of bad drafters. 

So once again proves that one should wait until the double digit rounds to draft te and now Qb since it was brought up.  

You can point to every position and say you could have streamed or waited and be fine.
 

With all the information these days, the idea a league can be bad at drafting or all that much different than others is pretty ridiculous. 

It all depends on who draft, who you move on from and when you do those things. 
 

You may be right that waiting on te and qbs is a good choice, but you’re definitely wrong that you need to.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we agreed that waiting on te and qbs is a good decision. 

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, weepaws said:

So we agreed that waiting on te and qbs is a good decision. 

Thanks. 

Nope it’s about value. Can be found in every round, in every draft at every position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s no full proof strategy.

Folks who drafted Kelce early and waited on WR’s, but got Kupp, or Deebo, or Mike Williams are sitting just fine.

Same with folks who waited on RB’s and got Hunt, or Edmonds, or Patterson (who was more likely a WW pick up).

I took Tannehill earlier than I should have in one league, and am now starting Heinicke.

Obviously the more time you put in, and better you know depth charts and trends, the better your chances.  But weird anomalies happen every single year, so there are no bullet proof strategies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes there is a full proof strategy, don’t draft te and Qb until the double digit rounds. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Yes there is a full proof strategy, don’t draft te and Qb until the double digit rounds. 

 

so every team that waits is better off than one that doesn’t? I have teams that prove that wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Serenity Now said:

so every team that waits is better off than one that doesn’t? I have teams that prove that wrong.

No sense arguing with an idiot.  No amount of proof, or lack there of, will satisfy most Republitards these days… and this pair of clown shoes is most definitely that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Serenity Now said:

so every team that waits is better off than one that doesn’t? I have teams that prove that wrong.

I know we had that discussion already, your team is the best team and high scorer three out of four weeks and number two the other.  

Again that might only explain how weak your league is.  🧐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, weepaws said:

I know we had that discussion already, your team is the best team and high scorer three out of four weeks and number two the other.  

Again that might only explain how weak your league is.  🧐

Maybe it’s your leagues that suck at drafting. The only way for one strategy to payoff every year is to be playing in a bad league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, weepaws said:

Yes there is a full proof strategy, don’t draft te and Qb until the double digit rounds. 

 

You can keep saying it, but it doesn’t make it true.

I play in leagues right now with very experienced owners who drafted Mahomes or Murray early (prior to the 5th) and they’re tops in the league because they drafted smart in the middle rounds, and are getting great value from guys like Kupp, Samuel, M. Williams & Hunt, because they’re producing above their ADP.

Same with Kelce/Waller.

Sure you could wait and get guys who’ve produced at a top 10 level like Stafford or Carr much later, but that’s not the only path to success.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, makindollaz said:

You can keep saying it, but it doesn’t make it true.

I play in leagues right now with very experienced owners who drafted Mahomes or Murray early (prior to the 5th) and they’re tops in the league because they drafted smart in the middle rounds, and are getting great value from guys like Kupp, Samuel, M. Williams & Hunt, because they’re producing above their ADP.

Sure you could wait and get guys who’ve produced at a top 10 level like Stafford or Carr much later, but that’s not the only path to success.

Yes, that strategy can work...but when you crunch the numbers over the years, it has a much lower success rate. You can strike gold but more often than not you will go poor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

Yes, that strategy can work...but when you crunch the numbers over the years, it has a much lower success rate. You can strike gold but more often than not you will go poor.

Agree, it’s definitely a riskier strategy, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t or can’t work.  I won one of my big $ leagues last year after drafting Lamar early in the 2nd round in 2020, and his production was good but nowhere near 2019.  You just have to have a higher hit rate on your mid round picks.  Drafting QB’s & TE’s later is not the only way that works though.  That was my point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, makindollaz said:

Agree, it’s definitely a riskier strategy, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t or can’t work.  I won one of my big $ leagues last year after drafting Lamar early in the 2nd round in 2020, and his production was good but nowhere near 2019.  You just have to have a higher hit rate on your mid round picks.  Drafting QB’s & TE’s later is not the only way that works though.  That was my point.

WRONG!!!  Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grabbing a QB or a TE in the first 2 rounds probably has a correlation with less successful teams, but after that? BPA. Double digit rounds is utter nonsense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kinda reminds me of the time Axe Elf took a Kicker (Greg Zuerlein) in Round 1 and a Defense (da Bears) in Round 2 of the 2019 $250 RTSports RTFFC Championship, and would have taken 2nd place if not for the gross mismanagement of benching Will Fuller for his 50-burger in Week 5.

In managed leagues, the draft doesn't matter much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, handbanana said:

No sense arguing with an idiot.  No amount of proof, or lack there of, will satisfy most Republitards these days… and this pair of clown shoes is most definitely that

That’s not necessary.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When if Jimmy G returns, Dwelley might be a streaming option in the right matchup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That’s not necessary.  

Ummm… he is the one bringing politics into the forum bashing Biden while praising a guy who tried to subvert democracy itself.  Consider the source before you pass judgment 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can’t equate a player having an injury with poor strategy. Kittle was often the 3rd te taken.

He has not had an above average year due to being held in for pass protection and run blocking. Not a liability, but not winning weeks.

as mentioned, many other players at other positions are underperforming 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Four more solid points for Hockensen, showing why drafting a te in the double digits it’s the only way.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×