Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Jets at Falcons: SMF Discussion

Time for some London football...

Inactives

Jets: WR Jeff Smith, RB La''Mical Perine, TE Tyler Kroft, S Marcus Maye, DT Jonathan Marshall, S Adrian Colbert and CB Isaiah Dunn

Falcons: WR Calvin Ridley, WR Russell Gage, DL Marlon Davidson, S Erik Harris, CB Avery Williams, QB Feleipe Franks, DL John Cominsky

Rolling with crowder as my wr 3 and my opponent has Patterson as his wr 2. Full pt ppr. Hoping to come out at least a wash between the two. Just glad there’s a morning game though

I don't understand how Patterson can run through a Rosie O'Donnell-sized hole up the middle for 8 yards every time, while Davis is met 2 yards in the backfield on every carry.

It's like the O-line thinks Davis is an @$$hole or something, so they don't block for him.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I don't understand how Patterson can run through a Rosie O'Donnell-sized hole up the middle for 8 yards every time, while Davis is met 2 yards in the backfield on every carry.

It's like the O-line thinks Davis is an @$$hole or something, so they don't block for him.

Because they have to account for Patterson catching the ball. Not so much with Davis. 

18 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Davis is a Jag, Patterson is way more talented. Not that complicated.

5 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Davis is a Jag, Patterson is way more talented. Not that complicated.

Unless you drafted Patterson to all your teams, it must have been too complicated for you.

I'd call a guy who was outscored over his entire 9 year career by Derrick Henry last year a "jag."

And anyway, as I said, Patterson is sailing through the straits of Gibraltar; Davis doesn't even get a lighthouse.  Talent doesn't have a chance to enter into it.

7 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Unless you drafted Patterson to all your teams, it must have been too complicated for you.

I'd call a guy who was outscored over his entire 9 year career by Derrick Henry last year a "jag."

And anyway, as I said, Patterson is sailing through the straits of Gibraltar; Davis doesn't even get a lighthouse.  Talent doesn't have a chance to enter into it.

I don’t have either on any teams. It is obvious how much better Patterson is as a talent. Davis gets a lot of touches so still has fantasy value, but he’s just not that good. Sorry…

1 minute ago, jrokh said:

I don’t have either on any teams. It is obvious how much better Patterson is as a talent. Davis gets a lot of touches so still has fantasy value, but he’s just not that good. Sorry…

Just as I say that Davis fumbles, perhaps he won't be receiving that many touches in the future...

Pitts isn't even playing tightend.  He's lining up at receiver.

That's one of the reasons Iiked him for dynasty.  I assumed they would eventually do this since he might have been the best receiver in the draft.

• Like 1

If Patterson doesn't run out of bounds there, Jets would probably have to start burning timeouts.

There is either some sort of let down or tell when Davis is in. Yes, he’s not Patterson, but he can catch a little out of the backfield too.