Sign in to follow this  
bfros

Dam Williams / Herbert split?

Herbert had 18 carries while Damien Williams had 16 (williams caught a couple passes, got the TD, and had more redzone carries). 

For those that watched the game, I'm wondering if both backs were used equally throughout the game? I know Williams started, but did they rotate evenly or was Herbet used more in latter part of the game or what? 

4 minutes ago, bfros said:

Herbert had 18 carries while Damien Williams had 16 (williams caught a couple passes, got the TD, and had more redzone carries). 

For those that watched the game, I'm wondering if both backs were used equally throughout the game? I know Williams started, but did they rotate evenly or was Herbet used more in latter part of the game or what? 

wtf.gif.9d2f8303445c74c1befe314bf82af2c5.gif

From what I saw on Red Zone, my impression was that Williams was used more early and Herbert more late, but that's just from the small sample of plays that they show, so it could be entirely illusory.  I just din't see much of Williams after he scored.

18 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

From what I saw on Red Zone, my impression was that Williams was used more early and Herbert more late, but that's just from the small sample of plays that they show, so it could be entirely illusory.  I just din't see much of Williams after he scored.

Thanks for your best guess. I’d like to hear more about this. I spent a bit to get Willians and I’d hate to think I picked up the wrong guy. 

8 minutes ago, bfros said:

Thanks for your best guess. I’d like to hear more about this. I spent a bit to get Willians and I’d hate to think I picked up the wrong guy. 

Go online and log in to Chicago's 670 The Score tomorrow. There is a listen button. They will be talking about the Bears all day. I'm sure this will come up multiple times.  

https://www.audacy.com/670thescore

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Go online and log in to Chicago's 670 The Score tomorrow. There is a listen button. They will be talking about the Bears all day. I'm sure this will come up multiple times.  

https://www.audacy.com/670thescore

haha thanks but that's too much work. I'll wait for the Cliff Notes to come out. lol 

Though he wasn’t on the injury report at the end of the week, DWs thigh bruise also could have been a factor.

4 minutes ago, DrG said:

Though he wasn’t on the injury report at the end of the week, DWs thigh bruise also could have been a factor.

Good point. 

Yea thigh bruise was another factor of taking the better side, Herbert.  

I think he’ll gain more trust from the Bears staff going forward. 

Its all good. 

For those interested, turns out Herbert had 7 of the 9 RB touches in the 4th quarter when the Bears were comfortably ahead and killing clock. That’s how he ended with more carries than Williams. 
but even so, it’s shaping up as a 60/40 type committee. Fwiw. 

Most of the sites (ESPN, CBS, NFL, etc) have full play by play logs so you can see the breakdown of the game flow

I watched the whole game and I was really impressed by Herbert. Although it was only 1 game, He ran hard and was productive. As a poster mentioned above, he was in there at the end of the game when the Bears wanted to run and eat up the clock.

He looked good and if he continues to improve, if I were the Bears, I may actually consider trading away Cohen when he returns. I could potentially see a Montgomery, Herbert backfield next year.

1 hour ago, blackhawks said:

I watched the whole game and I was really impressed by Herbert. Although it was only 1 game, He ran hard and was productive. As a poster mentioned above, he was in there at the end of the game when the Bears wanted to run and eat up the clock.

He looked good and if he continues to improve, if I were the Bears, I may actually consider trading away Cohen when he returns. I could potentially see a Montgomery, Herbert backfield next year.

Agreed, he’s going to make it a lot harder to rank Montgomery next season, but when Montgomery returns this season, and one the Bears are eliminated from making the playoffs, should be soon, Herbert will gain more work. Imo.