Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

Big Bears fan but they are in trouble now.

Next 5  games:

Packers - Bucs - 49ers - Steelers - Ravens. They already had to play the Rams, Browns, and Raiders. And then later in the season, the Cardinals and Seahawks.

Dang, they were only 8-8 last year. How did they get such a of a schedule? 

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

They’ll end up giving the Giants a Top 5 pick.

And the giants will take the next Danny Watkins while the Bears run away with a #1 QB.  :lol:

17 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

And the giants will take the next Danny Watkins while the Bears run away with a #1 QB.  :lol:

Because the Bears are great at assessing QB talent. :doh: 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

Now what? :blink:

The bears were in trouble even before they drafted Trubisky.  

12 minutes ago, Bert said:

The bears were in trouble even before they drafted Trubisky.  

Is that your take? Going back 5 years? That's a sign of nyg and philthadephia fans.

Can't even tell you how many times I have heard how great Daniel Jones is. 8 whole wins in 2+ years.

5 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Is that your take? Going back 5 years? That's a sign of nyg and philthadephia fans.

Can't even tell you how many times I have heard how great Daniel Jones is. 8 whole wins in 2+ years.

How hard is it to count to zero?

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

How hard is it to count to zero?

If I'm counting the amount of times you are accurate on any topic. Yeah. 

3 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Next 5  games:

Packers - Bucs - 49ers - Steelers - Ravens. They already had to play the Rams, Browns, and Raiders. And then later in the season, the Cardinals and Seahawks.

Dang, they were only 8-8 last year. How did they get such a of a schedule? 

Everyone thinks record has a big impact on the next schedule. I think it only affects two games. 

27 minutes ago, frank said:

Everyone thinks record has a big impact on the next schedule. I think it only affects two games. 

Didn't the Bucs get the easiest schedule after winning the SB?  How does that work?

31 minutes ago, frank said:

Yup.  Well, 3 now that they're playing 17.

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Didn't the Bucs get the easiest schedule after winning the SB?  How does that work?

Your previous record only affects two games. The rest of the schedule is your division, other conference games, and the division from the other conference you are scheduled to play. All of that is planned years in advance. 

Maybe it is three games now. :dunno:

• Like 1

The Bears have been in trouble since, like, 1986.  At this point, saying "The Bears are in trouble now" is common knowledge.

Water is wet.  The sky is blue.  The sun is hot.  The bears are in trouble.  🤷‍♂️

12 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

The Bears have been in trouble since, like, 1986.  At this point, saying "The Bears are in trouble now" is common knowledge.

Water is wet.  The sky is blue.  The sun is hot.  The bears are in trouble.  🤷‍♂️

:blink:    They went to the superbowl in 2006. And at least have been making the playoffs here and there.

What you are saying can be said about most teams in the league. Only 1 team wins the superbowl each year. And it's not on a rotating schedule for all teams. Because even that would take 32 years for every team to get one. Doesn't work that way even if a team is really good it doesn't promise anything. 

Hell one mediocre QB who is lucky enough to be on a team to win the superbowl twice in their career will probably go to the hall of fame.  

7 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

:blink:    They went to the superbowl in 2006. And at least have been making the playoffs here and there.

What you are saying can be said about most teams in the league. Only 1 team wins the superbowl each year. And it's not on a rotating schedule for all teams. Because even that would take 32 years for every team to get one. Doesn't work that way even if a team is really good it doesn't promise anything. 

Hell one mediocre QB who is lucky enough to be on a team to win the superbowl twice in their career will probably go to the hall of fame.  

My bad, since 1987.

BTW, the Bears have not been to a Superbowl since.  🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

My bad, since 1987.

BTW, the Bears have not been to a Superbowl since.  🤷‍♂️

2006 season would be the correct answer as to when they were last in the superbowl (played in 2007). 

At least the Bears have a smidgen of hope.   I thought 2021 would be the Year of the Fish after decades of no hope whatsoever.  I now realize how wrong I was. What really pisses me off is how bad the Dolphins are. Not just average or below average, but among the worst in the NFL. If not for a fluke fumble in Week 1, the Dolphins would be 0-5. Offense ranks near last, defense ranks near last. 

It's only been 21 years since Marino retired.  Another rebuild should do the trick. 

1 minute ago, GobbleDog said:

At least the Bears have a smidgen of hope.   I thought 2021 would be the Year of the Fish after decades of no hope whatsoever.  I now realize how wrong I was. What really pisses me off is how bad the Dolphins are. Not just average or below average, but among the worst in the NFL. If not for a fluke fumble in Week 1, the Dolphins would be 0-5. Offense ranks near last, defense ranks near last. 

It's only been 21 years since Marino retired.  Another rebuild should do the trick. 

Eagles robbed Miami in that trade.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

2006 season would be the correct answer as to when they were last in the superbowl (played in 2007). 

Holy , I completely forgot about that.  Well, they lost. 

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Eagles robbed Miami in that trade.

That trade was made by the brilliant Dolphins GM Chris Grier who was hired in 2016.  After 5 years, look at the team he built. Statistically near the bottom in every category imaginable. Devante Parker is the 3rd highest paid player on the team and Will Fuller is 4th. They're as worthless as Grier is. How does he have a job?

Fish fans are sick of this. We've been patient for over two decades.

1 minute ago, GobbleDog said:

That trade was made by the brilliant Dolphins GM Chris Grier who was hired in 2016.  After 5 years, look at the team he built. Statistically near the bottom in every category imaginable. Devante Parker is the 3rd highest paid player on the team and Will Fuller is 4th. They're as worthless as Grier is. How does he have a job?

Fish fans are sick of this. We've been patient for over two decades.

I don’t blame you. I’ve been following Miami this year just for draft pick purposes. I don’t think they’re this sustainably bad just due to a soft upcoming schedule but 5-6 wins looks like the ceiling. 

Philly has many problems too so the draft capitol will help.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

5 years of being in trouble isn't now is it?  But okay, in the Superbowl era the Bears have been in trouble except for the period between 1984 and 1986. And the 2006 fluck. They wasted Walter Payton's career much like the Lions did to Barry Sanders.  The Bears have never had a top tier QB in the Superbowl era and haven't had a top tier QB since what maybe Gluckman or Blanda?

57 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

And the era before the Superbowl means even less because there were so few teams.  Hell even the Bills and Oilers had championships.

The Bears would know best about a team with a mediocre QB going to the Superbowl, they did it twice.

32 minutes ago, Bert said:

The Bears would know best about a team with a mediocre QB going to the Superbowl, they did it twice.

So what? I don't cheer for QBs winning, I root for teams. In this case the Bears.

You sound like you would rather have Marino and never your team win, over having McMahon and winning a superbowl. 

In 1985 people were able to witness the greatest defense the NFL has ever seen. Why do you focus on the QB having to be the center of a superbowl?

In all of my days watching the NFL, the single most entertaining team to me was watching the Bears defense destroy teams all year long. Ironically, the only loss they had was to Marino. Now that is fun to me. 

4 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

So what? I don't cheer for QBs winning, I root for teams. In this case the Bears.

You sound like you would rather have Marino and never your team win, over having McMahon and winning a superbowl. 

In 1985 people were able to witness the greatest defense the NFL has ever seen. Why do you focus on the QB has to be the center of a superbowl?

In all of my days watching the NFL, the single most entertaining team to me was watching the Bears defense destroy teams all year long. Ironically, the only loss they had was to Marino. Now that is fun to me. 

The point is your "now in trouble" makes no sense.  They have been in trouble for years, decades even.

17 minutes ago, Bert said:

The point is your "now in trouble" makes no sense.  They have been in trouble for years, decades even.

It's not that hard. I was talking Bears schedule this year. You wanted to take it into the past.

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

It's not that hard. I was talking Bears schedule this year. You wanted to take it into the past.

Wow.  Your post implies they are newly in trouble with their schedule.  They are not.  They have been in trouble with their schedule for decades.  Up to and including week one of this season.

The Bears situation in as bad a Chicago's murder rate.  Maybe you should do a post about how the Bears suck each week?    

Enjoy the season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Bert said:

Wow.  Your post implies they are newly in trouble with their schedule.  They are not.  They have been in trouble with their schedule for decades.  Up to and including week one of this season.

The Bears situation in as bad a Chicago's murder rate.  Maybe you should do a post about how the Bears suck each week?    

Enjoy the season.

They beat the Raiders last week. What's your team?

35 minutes ago, frank said:

Packers have 2 superbowls since the 60s. That's not all that much better than the Bears.

25 minutes ago, Bert said:

Enjoy the season.

What team are you a fan of?

Bears fans have reason to be optimistic. If they win next week, they are first in the North. GB has trouble against teams that can generate a pass rush without blitzing (Every team does, I guess) and Mack just wrecked the Raiders.

GB might still be without 4 of their best 7 players. Just have to hope Fields keeps improving week to week.

46 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

What team are you a fan of?

Cowboys.  Why does that matter?

I have not started a nonsensical thread about the Cowboys.  

Just now, Bert said:

Cowboys.  Why does that matter?

I have not started a nonsensical thread about the Cowboys.  

You seem to be posting the most in it. You could have just passed it by since you think talking football teams schedules is not worthy of your time. Yet you can't let it go.

And the cowgirls haven't won shlt for 25 years and they have been in the weakest division in football for a while now. 

8 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

You seem to be posting the most in it. You could have just passed it by since you think talking football teams schedules is not worthy of your time. Yet you can't let it go.

And the cowgirls haven't won shlt for 25 years and they have been in the weakest division in football for a while now. 

You can't accept you made a very stupid post and got called out for doing so.  No worries.

I don't disagree about the Cowboys but I wasn't stupid enough to make an idiotic post about my team as you did about yours.