Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

Big Bears fan but they are in trouble now.

Recommended Posts

Just now, Bert said:

You can't accept you made a very stupid post and got called out for doing so.  No worries.

 

I don't disagree about the Cowboys but I wasn't stupid enough to make an idiotic post about my team as you did about yours.  

You can't accept I made a post about the Bears schedule and your contribution was to obsess about some childhood issues over the Bears which had nothing to do with the thread. 

Why is it that if someone is not interested in a thread they seem to post the most in it? 

Answer: That person is simply an internet troll. Glad you go your jollies Bernie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Man, this board sucks. Can anyone just discuss something without it turning into a damn fight?

I guess bernie is just miserable.  I just wanted to talk about an 8-8 team getting a difficult schedule. :dunno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

You can't accept I made a post about the Bears schedule and your contribution was to obsess about some childhood issues over the Bears which had nothing to do with the thread. 

Why is it that if someone is not interested in a thread they seem to post the most in it? 

Answer: That person is simply an internet troll. Glad you go your jollies Bernie.

You are not real smart.  May first post pointed out that your original post made no sense because being in trouble with their schedule is not a "now" problem it is a systemic problem with the Bears.  I feel bad you can't comprehend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Man, this board sucks. Can anyone just discuss something without it turning into a damn fight?

No.  Trolls like the OP troll constantly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bert said:

No.  Trolls like the OP troll constantly.

Bernie is triggered over a Bears schedule post. This is mdcackesque. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Bernie is triggered over a Bears schedule post. This is mdcackesque. :lol:

Okay Rachel Maddow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, MDC said:

Rent MFing free. :bandana: 

Why? Cause I use you as the poster child for being a cack? :lol:

🐮 Mooooo....

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Man, this board sucks. Can anyone just discuss something without it turning into a damn fight?

Are you new here?  :lol:

The first rule of Geek Club is EVERYTHING turns into a slap fight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are in trouble because they won a few games against bad teams and now everyone is like Nagy is awesome again!!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

At least the Bears have a smidgen of hope.   I thought 2021 would be the Year of the Fish after decades of no hope whatsoever.  I now realize how wrong I was. What really pisses me off is how bad the Dolphins are. Not just average or below average, but among the worst in the NFL. If not for a fluke fumble in Week 1, the Dolphins would be 0-5. Offense ranks near last, defense ranks near last. 

It's only been 21 years since Marino retired.  Another rebuild should do the trick. 

They got very lucky with turnovers last year.  I too am surprised just how bad they are.  But they were  a fraudulent 10 win team last year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Bears fans have reason to be optimistic. If they win next week, they are first in the North. GB has trouble against teams that can generate a pass rush without blitzing (Every team does, I guess) and Mack just wrecked the Raiders.

GB might still be without 4 of their best 7 players. Just have to hope Fields keeps improving week to week.

Packers absolutely killed by injuries already.  If they can stay afloat until a couple return that would be fine.  Bears still like 5 pt dogs at home to a half a deck Packers team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bears ranks on offense: 240.0 yards per game (32nd) 4.15 yards per play (32nd) 126.8 rush yards per game (9th) 4.26 per carry (14th) 4.64 yards per pass (32nd) 14.75% sacks per pass (32nd) 32.76% on third down (28th) 61.5% in the red zone (17th) 16.8 points per game (30th)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

That trade was made by the brilliant Dolphins GM Chris Grier who was hired in 2016.  After 5 years, look at the team he built. Statistically near the bottom in every category imaginable. Devante Parker is the 3rd highest paid player on the team and Will Fuller is 4th. They're as worthless as Grier is. How does he have a job?

Fish fans are sick of this. We've been patient for over two decades.

There would've been no issue in Miami had they drafted Herbert instead of Tua.  A franchise QB fixes a lot of problems.  See Tom Brady in Tampa.  From 7-9 to a Super Bowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

How come I don't see Tampa on that list?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2021 at 11:58 AM, Utilit99 said:

Next 5  games:

Packers - Bucs - 49ers - Steelers - Ravens. They already had to play the Rams, Browns, and Raiders. And then later in the season, the Cardinals and Seahawks.

Dang, they were only 8-8 last year. How did they get such a of a schedule? 

 

I think the Bears will be fine.  There's definitely something wrong with Green Bay, so I think the Bears could win that game, especially since it's a home game.  Yeah, they'll get spanked in Tampa, but the 9ers and Steelers aren't anything special.  As for the last game, the Bears get an extra week to play a home game vs the Ravens.  For Baltimore, it's a non-conference road game the week before going back home to play the Browns, which is likely to have huge division implications.

The Bears might actually go 4-1 in that stretch.  Now, that assumes that everything goes right.  They could lose to Baltimore and/or Green Bay, but winning just one could put them at 3-2, which gets makes them 6-4.  If it's the Green Bay game they win, that gives the Packers 2 loses and games against Seattle, Kansas City, and Arizona to play in the same time period.

It'll all boil down to how Fields grows.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

How come I don't see Tampa on that list?

They don't have a superbowl losing drought. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I think the Bears will be fine.  There's definitely something wrong with Green Bay, so I think the Bears could win that game

Injuries to some of the best players on the team.  

That said they arent playing their best football (id rather have it that way right now) but they are 4-1.  Id hardly say the sky is falling.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Exactly.  :thumbsup:

:first:

Can't fault a guy for gloating. The Bucs will also get better as the year goes on. Brady is old and needs a little time to say "fock this", time to win now. :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Injuries to some of the best players on the team.  

That said they arent playing their best football (id rather have it that way right now) but they are 4-1.  Id hardly say the sky is falling.  

Agreed.  It's not falling, but it shows cracks in the armor and it's a road game.  I think it's "winnable" for the Bears.  I don't necessarily think they will, but I wouldn't say that people shouldn't just chalk that game up as a "win".

I can say the same about Tampa.  They've been losing players like crazy on defense with their top 3 CB's and top 2 Safety's, and now their best LB.  They're 4-1 and not playing well on defense and the offense still has some ironing out to be done.  I can see a team like Carolina beating the Bucs... and I don't think the Bears and Panthers are all that different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Agreed.  It's not falling, but it shows cracks in the armor and it's a road game.  I think it's "winnable" for the Bears.  I don't necessarily think they will, but I wouldn't say that people shouldn't just chalk that game up as a "win".

I can say the same about Tampa.  They've been losing players like crazy on defense with their top 3 CB's and top 2 Safety's, and now their best LB.  They're 4-1 and not playing well on defense and the offense still has some ironing out to be done.  I can see a team like Carolina beating the Bucs... and I don't think the Bears and Panthers are all that different.

Like you said it depends on Fields. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×