Sign in to follow this  
Bier Meister

Our Houston brothers…

Have you tried Fat bao?

I was chatting with a friend who told me about it.  Sounds really good. Thoughts?

At one point it was one of my wife and I's favorite restaurants. However it went to crap around 4-5 years ago. Pork that is too dry was the main complaint, however there were many more.

Everyone else must have thought similarly, because the one near my house closed before the pandemic even hit.

Edit, I see they are down to a single location again. Maybe that is good for them, they are probably good cooks, but awful managers.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

@MTSkiBum

menu looks good, but yeah… you need to execute. Ty

The one near our place used to be great. This was before we had kids so we ate out very frequently compared to now, but we probably ate there every other week for a couple years.

Then there must have been change in management or something, because the food quality went downhill.

The menu is great when prepared correctly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

At one point it was one of my wife and I's favorite restaurants. However it went to crap around 4-5 years ago. Pork that is too dry was the main complaint, however there were many more.

Everyone else must have thought similarly, because the one near my house closed before the pandemic even hit.

Edit, I see they are down to a single location again. Maybe that is good for them, they are probably good cooks, but awful managers.

This 100%.  They tried to grow too fast and totally lost quality control.  

• Like 1