Sign in to follow this  
Gratefulegg1973

Gruden........He Gone😲

7 hours ago, huskyhater75 said:

I guess he did declare after the news conference that he feels he can get a job in the sec somewhere-they get away with worse than that and live to tell about it-all cousin-effers.

Nice job using hate speech to condemn hate speech 😂

9 hours ago, jrokh said:

It’s more sad and pathetic what’s happening in this country than intolerable, and that goes for white, black, brown, yellow, red, pink, purple, and cinnamon…

what is happening?

1 hour ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

As long as people like Kareem Hunt, Tyreek Hill, Antonio Brown, etc, etc, etc are in the league your cries for accountability are laughable.  

He was fired by the team. Hunt and Brown were released and teams resigned them. Maybe Gruden will get another chance at some point if he desires.

It’s clear that in the NFL there is a problem with racism, homophobia and sexism, as shown via the Gruden e-mails. The NFL showed no tolerance for this type of behavior from this individual,but it doesn’t root out the systemic problem. Therefore, it is only fair that every NFL employees e-mails and other means of communication are investigated in order to get rid of the people who have these hurtful and destructive views. Every single employee and the employees of the institutions they partner with. Everyone needs to be held to the same standards. Let’s root this problem out. It can’t just be one individual if they are serious. 

1 hour ago, Donkey said:

He was fired by the team. Hunt and Brown were released and teams resigned them. Maybe Gruden will get another chance at some point if he desires.

This.  If another team wants to hire Gruden, that’s on them.

100 guys have made NFL rosters as QB’s since Kaepernick played his last game, who probably weren’t as good, but no one will touch the guy.  Actions have consequences.  While I never agreed with his decision to kneel, that was his choice/right that I’ll defend, just like 32 owners have the right NOT to sign him.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, makindollaz said:

100 guys have made NFL rosters as QB’s since Kaepernick played his last game, who probably weren’t as good, but no one will touch the guy.  Actions have consequences.  While I never agreed with his decision to kneel, that was his choice/right that I’ll defend, just like 32 owners have the right NOT to sign him.  

Kaepernick was offered try outs, amd I think Denver gave him an offer. Not the same. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s clear that in the NFL there is a problem with racism, homophobia and sexism, as shown via the Gruden e-mails. The NFL showed no tolerance for this type of behavior from this individual,but it doesn’t root out the systemic problem. Therefore, it is only fair that every NFL employees e-mails and other means of communication are investigated in order to get rid of the people who have these hurtful and destructive views. Every single employee and the employees of the institutions they partner with. Everyone needs to be held to the same standards. Let’s root this problem out. It can’t just be one individual if they are serious. 

was Gruden on an NFL payroll at the time of this email?

2 hours ago, Donkey said:

47 minutes ago, makindollaz said:

Glossed over the fact that Hill is still on an NFL team eh?  Brown wasn't released until after his production dropped and because of his in-house behaviors got out of hand.  The sexual assault allegations were just an easy out.  How about Adrian Peterson?  Did he lose his job?  Ray Rice didn't even lose his job.  Stop pretending that it's about the actions of those men off the field and not on the field.

The ONLY one that could be pointed to as a defense is Hunt.  But let's face it, if there wasn't a video, he'd still be in KC... am I right?

Does Deshaun Watson still have a job?  Asking for a friend.

15 hours ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

This will be my last year watching and rooting for these woke pieces of sh!t.  

Why wait for the end of the year, quit now...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Glossed over the fact that Hill is still on an NFL team eh?  Brown wasn't released until after his production dropped and because of his in-house behaviors got out of hand.  The sexual assault allegations were just an easy out.  How about Adrian Peterson?  Did he lose his job?  Ray Rice didn't even lose his job.  Stop pretending that it's about the actions of those men off the field and not on the field.

The ONLY one that could be pointed to as a defense is Hunt.  But let's face it, if there wasn't a video, he'd still be in KC... am I right?

At the end of the day, it’s about winning football games.  Just to be clear, I don’t get offended easily.  I’m not going to get any more bent out of shape if Gruden has a Klan robe in his closet, than I will if any of the guys you mentioned are really, really bad people off the field.  If an owner gives them a contract, that’s their business.  It’s certainly my right to not cheer for those guys or their teams, but if a team wants to sign them, who am I to say they shouldn’t. My point was actions have consequences.

Did you cheer when Antonio Brown had a great game yesterday?

2 hours ago, Donkey said:

what is happening?

Don't worry about it. If you believe what is happening in the country, in the world, with our culture is fine, normal, and appropriate, then keep on in blissful ignorance...

Not excusing Gruden's emails, as a public figure the Standard of behavior is higher than for 'ordinary citizens'. That being said if everyone was held to that standard, and decade old private emails were unearthed and examined, half the country/world, would be out of a job.

It's funny. If you say something about someone that is true, it depends on the color of the person if you are racist or not. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, makindollaz said:

At the end of the day, it’s about winning football games.  Just to be clear, I don’t get offended easily.  I’m not going to get any more bent out of shape if Gruden has a Klan robe in his closet, than I will if any of the guys you mentioned are really, really bad people off the field.  If an owner gives them a contract, that’s their business.  It’s certainly my right to not cheer for those guys or their teams, but if a team wants to sign them, who am I to say they shouldn’t. My point was actions have consequences.

Did you cheer when Antonio Brown had a great game yesterday?

That's right, it is all about winning games.  My issue is with the bull crap.  Gruden gets fired because of the something he said, not any actions he actually took.  Yet, there are guys who can beat their girlfriends or wives, and that's ok.  Sure, Gruden could get another job, but it won't be as a coach because he has to interact with the players.  The players don't have to interact with the women they beat/assualt, so they're welcomed back with open arms.

Simply, they should either all go or all stay, period.  If Tyreek Hill & DeShaun Watson are still playing for their teams (or Hunt & Brown, etc playing for others), then Gruden should have his job.  If Gruden is out, then so should Hill, Watson, et al.  No in-betweens.  In-betweens means excuses/hypocrisy.

If the Bucs were forced to cut Brown today, I don't care.  However, if he's on the team, good.  I don't care.  Like I said, my point is the bull crap.  People stand on their moral superiority bull crap about Gruden is a bad guy and needs to be fired, but they don't care that a player beats his girlfriend/wife, or whatever.

Also, do you really think there's 53 guys on 32 rosters... white, black, Hispanic, etc., who never said what Gruden did?  I'm willing to bet members of all races said similar.  I'm willing to bet there's multiple players on every roster.  Willing to bet the same is true for people who are condemning Gruden across all formats... tv, newspaper, radio, NFL offices, etc.

This forearm was more enjoyable when people focused on a topic they were at least mildly educated on - fantasy football.

14 hours ago, handbanana said:

White men of the fantasy world UNITE lol.  It’s just intolerable what is happening to white’s in this country, so unfair, can’t just say or do whatever they want anymore without consequences… FOCK this woke bs!!  Lol

What year did Jimmy the Greek get fired? That was like 40 years ago. There has been accountability for quite a while now. But Ali could call Frazier a dumb gorilla and that was ok. 

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Not excusing Gruden's emails, as a public figure the Standard of behavior is higher than for 'ordinary citizens'. That being said if everyone was held to that standard, and decade old private emails were unearthed and examined, half the country/world, would be out of a job.

Depends who says it. That much is obvious at this point. 

As the head coach, you are held to a higher standard than players... and rightfully so IMO... nothing to see here.

3 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Does Deshaun Watson still have a job?  Asking for a friend.

Hill's actions were investigated and the team and they deemed them unworthy of further action, we can argue about whether that was appropriate I suppose.  Watson is being made inactive by the team. He's being held accountable. I'm not even sure what your point is actually.

2 minutes ago, Donkey said:

Hill's actions were investigated and the team and they deemed them unworthy of further action, we can argue about whether that was appropriate I suppose.  Watson is being made inactive by the team. He's being held accountable. I'm not even sure what your point is actually.

Watson is still getting paid. Is Gruden? 

It’s cool for the NFL to FEATURE Snoop Dog and Dr Dre, who have said things 1000 times worse on their albums, influencing millions, for the halftime show, but Decade-old private emails make Gruden Persona Non Grata. Gotta love the National Hypocrisy League…

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Gotta love the National Hypocrisy League…

The NHL?  Hockey is just soccer on ice.

I thought we were talking about the National Fascists League...

Don't see the big deal - he made numerous racist, homophobic and sexist comments and now he paid the price.  

The people reacting "Oh no, what has happened to my country" are being a bit dramatic. "Queers, Fa$$!ts, Michellin-Lips" and the similar comments he made should have ramifications. The fact that he is punished for it somehow means the country is falling apart? Not that a football coach made terrible comments on/to work emails and paid the price? 

I can agree with comments that others (i.e. Hill) should be made to account for things they have done as well. Can't agree if people are making that point as a suggestion to leave Gruden unscathed. 

Why do people keep saying it was his work email?  It was 2011.  He was probably working for ESPN at the time.

1 minute ago, nobody said:

Why do people keep saying it was his work email?  It was 2011.  He was probably working for ESPN at the time.

I put “on/to” work emails if this refers to my post, guess they were all “to” but I didn’t bother checking as it matter little. Goofball sending them to the WFT email account of his buddy

23 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Goofball sending them to the WFT email account of his buddy

That would have bounced...

1 hour ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Don't see the big deal - he made numerous racist, homophobic and sexist comments and now he paid the price.  

The people reacting "Oh no, what has happened to my country" are being a bit dramatic. "Queers, Fa$$!ts, Michellin-Lips" and the similar comments he made should have ramifications. The fact that he is punished for it somehow means the country is falling apart? Not that a football coach made terrible comments on/to work emails and paid the price? 

I can agree with comments that others (i.e. Hill) should be made to account for things they have done as well. Can't agree if people are making that point as a suggestion to leave Gruden unscathed. 

https://politicofire.com/2021/10/12/im-just-not-that-fragile-jason-whitlock-blasts-espn-analysts-tearful-response-to-jon-gruden-email-comments/

33 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Saw that Randy Moss clip and wondered what was going on there. Seemed excessive to me.  

Whitlock pretending they’re constantly hearing worse in football games and practices is a bit of a reach. 

On the plus side, the Dems and Republicans making this a political issue and their minions eating it up will surely provide some entertainment. Dance monkeys dance. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Saw that Randy Moss clip and wondered what was going on there. Seemed excessive to me.  

Whitlock pretending they’re constantly hearing worse in football games and practices is a bit of a reach. 

On the plus side, the Dems and Republicans making this a political issue and their minions eating it up will surely provide some entertainment. Dance monkeys dance. 

Anybody hearing much about this? I'm sure calling someone a name is so bad that his charity work has been shoved aside. 

Raiders establish All For You Crew to address social injustice

HENDERSON, Nev. – Las Vegas Raiders Head Coach Jon Gruden and the Raiders players have established a charitable platform called The All For You Crew, in partnership with the Raiders Foundation. The All For You Crew is focused on addressing social injustices by supporting Southern Nevada charities dedicated to helping the community through programs and opportunities involving three pillars: first responders, education and youth programming

• Haha 1

Bucs just removed him from their ring of honor, if I was Gruden , I would be happy to have that  happen.  What ever.  

7 hours ago, jrokh said:

half the country/world, would be out of a job.

If you look at the economic and employment numbers, I think that's in the works, this way and through other means...

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Watson is still getting paid. Is Gruden? 

That's the difference between labor and management.

1 hour ago, Showboat said:

That's the difference between labor and management.

Head coaches are more expendable than franchise changing QBs. Has nothing to do with management vs. "labor".

Houston has proven they don't want the headache, that's why Watson is sitting. 

Vegas doesn't want a woke headache on their hands. Gruden probably got paid off to retire.

"Gruden probably got paid off to retire."  Don't count on it..  Mark Davis is "cash poor."  THAT was why the Raiders traded Khalil Mack to Chicago.  The Raiders had just awarded a high-$, high signing bonus contract (to Carr?), and Davis LITERALLY couldn't afford another one.

I have a feeling that Gruden was given some thing  to retire also.  Maybe a 25 dollar Costco has gift card. But it was something.  

3 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Gruden probably got paid off to retire.

Possibly - that was my point.  It is much easier and there are many more options to make a coach disappear when there are no concerns about CBA, salary cap impacts, etc.

1 hour ago, Showboat said:

there are many more options to make a coach disappear

I don't think anyone's going THAT far.