Sign in to follow this  
Gratefulegg1973

Gruden........He Gone😲

Well at least we'll have a good, clean, wholesome halftime show this year.  Those performers have NEVER said anything about N's, beating women, killing cops, raping women, queers, etc, etc.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Saw that Randy Moss clip and wondered what was going on there. Seemed excessive to me.  

Whitlock pretending they’re constantly hearing worse in football games and practices is a bit of a reach. 

On the plus side, the Dems and Republicans making this a political issue and their minions eating it up will surely provide some entertainment. Dance monkeys dance. 

Or, you're pretending he's exaggerating because you only want to believe what you already do.  

I also find your last sentence ironic as you're condemning those looking at this politically, while you are looking at it politically.

13 hours ago, Showboat said:

That's the difference between labor and management.

Don't kid yourself.  Had the Raiders won the Super Bowl last year and been dominating this year, he wouldn't have been let go.  There would have been a lot of excuses, apologies, and down playing.  It's all about winning.

Honestly, I think it is unfair all the focus on comments from Gruden 10 years ago.  My guess is that you would find many players and coaches using slang that could be considered racist TODAY!!

No, I don't care for racism but all of the focus on Gruden is ridiculous in my opinion.  If you are going to crucify Gruden, just be sure ALL players and coaches have to pay the same price for the same actions.  Yes, those from any race or color.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Don't kid yourself.  Had the Raiders won the Super Bowl last year and been dominating this year, he wouldn't have been let go.  There would have been a lot of excuses, apologies, and down playing.  It's all about winning.

Ten years ago I would agree. 

1 hour ago, Captain Goomy Noomy Roo said:

Honestly, I think it is unfair all the focus on comments from Gruden 10 years ago.  My guess is that you would find many players and coaches using slang that could be considered racist TODAY!!

No, I don't care for racism but all of the focus on Gruden is ridiculous in my opinion.  If you are going to crucify Gruden, just be sure ALL players and coaches have to pay the same price for the same actions.  Yes, those from any race or color.

It's exactly why speech, words, shouldn't be policed like this.

The USA used to understand this, but now, not so much

you cant be racist, unless you are white.. everyone else is deemed a "victim" from birth.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I also find your last sentence ironic as you're condemning those looking at this politically, while you are looking at it politically.

You missed it - The article posted has “politic” in the name and it’s referencing conservative Whitlock, hence I’m responding to the fact it is being made political.  

BTW, it’s the same Whitlock who had to publicly apologize for racist comments of his own, shocker that he sympathizes with Gruden. 

The line got moved 11 months ago. Look at the disaster the left has brought us since. This is literally the worst administration we've ever seen, and it's only steamrolling to get worse. H3ll, Jimmy Carter and Obama tenures look heavenly compared to this. Gruden is was on the wrong side of the line.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Mel Brooks never could have made Blazing Saddles today.

No he couldn't. To this day, I lol to this movie. If you can watch a movie like this. And enjoy it, then go about your normal business. That makes you a normal person. If you watch this, have a panic attack, and think you have to hold a sign and protest something. Then you're flat out f0cked.

8 minutes ago, Kopy said:

The line got moved 11 months ago. Look at the disaster the left has brought us since. This is literally the worst administration we've ever seen, and it's only steamrolling to get worse. H3ll, Jimmy Carter and Obama tenures look heavenly compared to this. Gruden is was on the wrong side of the line.

Absolutely true. This administration (combined with hussein's 8 years) is even making football sucky to the point that when I watch a game I only turn it on when the actual kick off occurs. Then I do something else at half time, then I turn the TV off when the game is ended. Or I go watch Indiana Jones or something. 

Can't even escape the reality of this mess administration for a couple hours of entertainment without having to edit things out. 

For sports talk I mostly only listen to the XM fantasy sports and the NFL radio channels. Everything else is woke beyond tolerance.  

1 hour ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

You missed it - The article posted has “politic” in the name and it’s referencing conservative Whitlock, hence I’m responding to the fact it is being made political.  

BTW, it’s the same Whitlock who had to publicly apologize for racist comments of his own, shocker that he sympathizes with Gruden. 

Has your boy Biden ever apologized for his racist comments? 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

in 1977, racial integration policies would cause his children to "grow up in a racial jungle."

Football can be played in a safe space if need be. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I did not and would never vote for or support this corrupt regime and I'm not A Dem. They just swept the Chinese corruption under the rug, "I am cooperating with the IRS fully......." Great, thanks. You will pay taxes on your corrupt funds. "Turn a blind eye" Joe running the country, that's just great. 

All that said, this with Gruden would have played out exactly the same no matter the political party in charge. What would the difference have been? A few Trump tweets to stoke the fires?

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2021 at 6:54 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s clear that in the NFL there is a problem with racism, homophobia and sexism, as shown via the Gruden e-mails. The NFL showed no tolerance for this type of behavior from this individual,but it doesn’t root out the systemic problem. Therefore, it is only fair that every NFL employees e-mails and other means of communication are investigated in order to get rid of the people who have these hurtful and destructive views. Every single employee and the employees of the institutions they partner with. Everyone needs to be held to the same standards. Let’s root this problem out. It can’t just be one individual if they are serious. 

This is a problem in America too. Not just the NFL.

and not just white people. (sorry to say)

We all can learn to be a little tolerant of others.   but we also have to acknowledge that we now live in a different era.   There are people I know who have used language in the past that we would now consider racist.

but we also have to acknowledge it was a different era and in that era such a comment may have been tolerated.  

Let me reiterate:   That does not make it right, but we should allow those people (when singled out) to acknowledge that what they said was wrong and to offer to do something to help make things right today.

at the end of the day, we need to allow this to move forward.  if we just go and ruin these peoples lives they will likely be closet racists the rest of their days.

That's not solving the problem.

sadly I cant recommend something that will solve the problem as I dont have a solution,  but I am pretty sure this isn't it.

in the end, we can all benefit from trying to be a little more understanding of each other.   Lobbing bombs (verbal or otherwise) at each other wont make it better.

ideally we would educate, but the best hope of that is with the young.  they are more willing to embrace change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

This is a problem in America too. Not just the NFL.

and not just white people. (sorry to say)

We all can learn to be a little tolerant of others.   but we also have to acknowledge that we now live in a different era.   There are people I know who have used language in the past that we would now consider racist.

but we also have to acknowledge it was a different era and in that era such a comment may have been tolerated.  

Let me reiterate:   That does not make it right, but we should allow those people (when singled out) to acknowledge that what they said was wrong and to offer to do something to help make things right today.

at the end of the day, we need to allow this to move forward.  if we just go and ruin these peoples lives they will likely be closet racists the rest of their days.

That's not solving the problem.

sadly I cant recommend something that will solve the problem as I dont have a solution,  but I am pretty sure this isn't it.

in the end, we can all benefit from trying to be a little more understanding of each other.   Lobbing bombs (verbal or otherwise) at each other wont make it better.

ideally we would educate, but the best hope of that is with the young.  they are more willing to embrace change.

Well, they write grandfather clauses in to various other things, why not something like this? 

That being said, there is a need to fight back against the pussification of America. It's a capitalist society and should remain one. People should stop being offended and go out and achieve something in their own lives instead of focusing on on what others do or say (unless what they do is against the law).

Equal opportunity is out there to be had. You just have to go get it for yourself. Male, female, black, white, gay, straight....whatever.

If someone doesn't like you or makes fun of you, who cares? Don't like them back if you want. I find it incredibly hard to believe that Gruden is a racist given his job and all the things he has done for black players in the league. If he is a racist, then there should be more racists in the world. 

On 10/11/2021 at 8:51 PM, handbanana said:

White men of the fantasy world UNITE lol.  It’s just intolerable what is happening to white’s in this country, so unfair, can’t just say or do whatever they want anymore without consequences… FOCK this woke bs!!  Lol

Too funny.  Well said.

On 10/11/2021 at 9:05 PM, Utilit99 said:

Yeah, I'm sure black players in the league never ever said anything bad about a white person or a gay person or a woman in their past. :rolleyes: 

Tyreek Hill and many others are all good after abusing their wives or girlfriends but Gruden said a bad word and he needs to go. 

How stupid.

Gotta love false dichotomys.  Logical fallacy, defined.

Would this be what Trump called "locker room talk?"

Also, I have a few conspiracy theories.

1. Goodell wanted revenge on Gruden and he used this info and leaked it to get Gruden under fire. And yet, the NFL will not release any other emails to protect privacy. (HA!)

2. Maybe, just maybe Gruden was fed up. He was sick of Carr playing like crap and he saw this as a way out. Raiders were willing to let him go and he now can move back to California and live behind the gates in peace with his wife and his millions. (Blackhawk)

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

Ten years ago I would agree. 

This is the nail on the head. Would have slid under the carpet then, not now. The Michelin lips thing was passable, the other comments were not, there’s no recovery from that. He is done as a public figure for the nfl. 

1 hour ago, justforbeer said:

1. Goodell wanted revenge on Gruden and he used this info and leaked it to get Gruden under fire. And yet, the NFL will not release any other emails to protect privacy. (HA!)

There's merit to this one.  They had these emails for a long time... why wait until know to let them out?  Why let them out at all?  The league was investigating sexual harassment charges against Washington.  This has nothing to do with the case.  Nothing Gruden said was illegal.  Releasing these does nothing to help anything... all it does is create even more separation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

There's merit to this one.  They had these emails for a long time... why wait until know to let them out?  Why let them out at all?  The league was investigating sexual harassment charges against Washington.  This has nothing to do with the case.  Nothing Gruden said was illegal.  Releasing these does nothing to help anything... all it does is create even more separation.

Agreed, I don’t even think it’s a conspiracy theory. More like what happened. Snyder got a slap on the wrist, but Gruden insulted goodell so only his emails we’re leaked 

2 hours ago, GEUH said:

Gotta love false dichotomys.  Logical fallacy, defined.

Oh jeez. Someone throws out an informal fallacy so he must be right. :lol:

See, tjhs is you trying to come off smart, but proving you are one of two things. 1. You are not smart. 2. You think you are tricking people who don't know what you're talking about to think your way.

Either one makes you look foolish on the topic. 

29 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Goodell will keep all those emails from the WFT investigation as leverage. To be “leaked” as needed at his discretion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, justforbeer said:

Would this be what Trump called "locker room talk?"

2. Maybe, just maybe Gruden was fed up. He was sick of Carr playing like crap and he saw this as a way out. Raiders were willing to let him go and he now can move back to California and live behind the gates in peace with his wife and his millions. (Blackhawk)

I don’t know. But what kind of talk would you call telling a black person “you ain’t black” ? Is that locker room talk or just good old racist talk? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don’t know. But what kind of talk would you call telling a black person “you ain’t black” ? Is that locker room talk or just good old racist talk? 

Or how about "Poor people are just as smart as white people".

• Sad 1

On 10/12/2021 at 4:02 PM, Phil Simms 11 said:

Don't see the big deal - he made numerous racist, homophobic and sexist comments and now he paid the price.  

What did he say in the emails? Or is there a link somewhere to be able to read them?

I wonder if any players ever said bad things to people. I also wonder if the half time performers ever said any bad things about someone. Did you see the list of musicians for this year's superbowl? :lol:

Maybe the NFL needs to institute a new character background check for all coaches and players and look into every single email or message they have ever sent as a form of cleaning up the league. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

And of course there’s the “I don’t want my kids going to school in a racial jungle”. Biden supporters pointing the finger at Trump for racism is ridiculous.  Good thing Bidens kids didn’t go to a school like that. They might have gotten hooked on crack. And they may never have learned how to paint and be featured in a gallery. 

• Thanks 1

Fact is, today, being human is unacceptable.  You cannot make mistakes. If you do, be prepared to lose everything because you will be judged by the public opinion. This mostly applies to people who have worked hard to create a better life, and have something to lose.

I see it very differently. I feel like I am in the minority though. To be human is to make mistakes. To learn from them and become better from them is being a good human.

That is why we forgive.  

I think we need to be prepared for them to start trying to take everything from us. 

Doesn’t matter if we make mistakes or not.  

Losing freedom of any kind is taking from us. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

And of course there’s the “I don’t want my kids going to school in a racial jungle”. Biden supporters pointing the finger at Trump for racism is ridiculous.  Good thing Bidens kids didn’t go to a school like that. They might have gotten hooked on crack. And they may never have learned how to paint and be featured in a gallery. 

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

3 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

He didn't email those to football team 10 years ago.  He just said them while running for president while not being Trump, so it's all good.

FFS lock this thread already Mike.

You *insert whatever here* are talking politics on a fantasy football thread. 

If someone wants to talk about how this affects Ruggs going forward I am all ears.

That last comment was my attempt at sarcasm and I mention it here because some obviously can not comprehend that.

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, ST_Pete said:

If someone wants to talk about how this affects Ruggs going forward I am all ears.

That last comment was my attempt at sarcasm and I mention it here because some obviously can not comprehend that.

look out! Cancellation police on the prowl!

39 minutes ago, ST_Pete said:

It's about the NFL. Which in case you aren't aware is just a little bit a part of fantasy football. Is it difficult for you to ignore something you aren't interested in? 

Do you need to talk about your sensitive feelers? 

I refuse to believe that Gruden is any worse than the majority of players in the NFL. 

And does anyone even know what Gruden actually said? Maybe I missed the link or something? :dunno:

11 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

It's about the NFL. Which in case you aren't aware is just a little bit a part of fantasy football. Is it difficult for you to ignore something you aren't interested in? 

Do you need to talk about your sensitive feelers? 

Way to show your intelligence.

Just because it is about the NFL does not mean it has fantasy relevance.  That is equivalent to saying that renaming the WFT may impact Gibson's value as an RB1.  Nice try.

1 minute ago, ST_Pete said:

Way to show your intelligence.

Just because it is about the NFL does not mean it has fantasy relevance.  That is equivalent to saying that renaming the WFT may impact Gibson's value as an RB1.  Nice try.

A coach leaving a team in the early part of the season along with all the drama surrounding it isn't fantasy relavent?

Interesting how you view fantasy football.

God you really are struggling here.  Let me make it easier for you - if you are talking about coaching philosophy that is fine - stick to that.  You are not though.  You are talking broader politics.  Hopefully that is easy enough to understand but maybe your backwater school didn't offer the basic courses that are needed to keep a conversation going here.