Sign in to follow this  
Gratefulegg1973

Gruden........He Gone😲

2 minutes ago, ST_Pete said:

God you really are struggling here.  Let me make it easier for you - if you are talking about coaching philosophy that is fine - stick to that.  You are not though.  You are talking broader politics.  Hopefully that is easy enough to understand but maybe your backwater school didn't offer the basic courses that are needed to keep a conversation going here.

Maybe you might want to just take a breath and chill out. Your insulting people for what? 

Gruden is football. It has a huge impact on the game and fantasy football. The discussion can go many ways but you sir, do not get to tell anyone what they want to say or not. This is AMERICA!

46 minutes ago, ST_Pete said:

God you really are struggling here.  Let me make it easier for you - if you are talking about coaching philosophy that is fine - stick to that.  You are not though.  You are talking broader politics.  Hopefully that is easy enough to understand but maybe your backwater school didn't offer the basic courses that are needed to keep a conversation going here.

You are joining the conversation instead of simply taking no interest in it. Is it severely difficult for you to not chime in on a thread that you don't like vs. clicking on one of the thousands of other threads on this site? 

Or maybe even start your own? You feel hurt in some way it seems. 

I mean, one of the Vegas players feels the need to take a day off of practice to search his feelers on the matter. Maybe you can do the same? :dunno:

Because of the right wing propaganda bubble that they live in, there’s no greater victim in our society today than the straight white male.  Everything is stacked against them, and they have to be mad about it all the time.  They long for the “good ole days” when straight white males could do/say whatever they wanted and everyone who doesn’t fall into that straight white male category can just suck it up and deal with it.  Like I said earlier in the thread…I don’t offend easily, but I also have never spent a day of my life as female, a minority, or gay.  Maybe my perception would be different if I had.  For the right wing propaganda bubble to work there was always has to be a villain or a “boogeyman” that makes everything awful in the straight white male world…maybe just try being nice to other people and stop with the perception that everyone who doesn’t look like us is out to get us, and ruin America.

Rant over, and fire away.  I’m sure it’ll offend some here who claim that people just need to get over being so offended.  I probably won’t respond because arguing about politics on the internet in 2021 is useless…people have picked a side and there’s no convincing them otherwise.

Sincerely,

Straight, white male who just comes here to talk fantasy football.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, makindollaz said:

Because of the right wing propaganda bubble that they live in, there’s no greater victim in our society today than the straight white male.  Everything is stacked against them, and they have to be mad about it all the time.  They long for the “good ole days” when straight white males could do/say whatever they wanted and everyone who doesn’t fall into that straight white male category can just suck it up and deal with it.  Like I said earlier in the thread…I don’t offend easily, but I also have never spent a day of my life as female, a minority, or gay.  Maybe my perception would be different if I had.  For the right wing propaganda bubble to work there was always has to be a villain or a “boogeyman” that makes everything awful in the straight white male world…maybe just try being nice to other people and stop with the perception that everyone who doesn’t look like us is out to get us, and ruin America.

Rant over, and fire away.  I’m sure it’ll offend some here who claim that people just need to get over being so offended.  I probably won’t respond because arguing about politics on the internet in 2021 is useless…people have picked a side and there’s no convincing them otherwise.

Sincerely,

Straight, white male who just comes here to talk fantasy football.

I find it funny how people like you who claim to be offended a lot, have no problem trying to offend people on purpose.  Personally, I'm not offended by it.  People have opinions and you're free to share them.  I'm not looking to cancel you or get you fired.  People like you on the other hand, have no problem trying to cancel people like me or get people like me fired.  Offended?  No, I'm not offended by you, I feel bad for you.  You've been lied to your whole life and you've been brainwashed.  That's a sad thing.  I hope you eventually find your way.  Good luck with that.

I find it ironic how you end your post with "Straight, white male who just comes here to talk fantasy football".  Why do I find that ironic?  Because you virtually never come here and talk fantasy football.  Not saying you discuss other things, but you've been a member here since 2000 and have 210 posts.  You post 10 times a year.  Looks to me that you don't come here very much at all.  :dunno:

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I find it funny how people like you who claim to be offended a lot, have no problem trying to offend people on purpose.  Personally, I'm not offended by it.  People have opinions and you're free to share them.  I'm not looking to cancel you or get you fired.  People like you on the other hand, have no problem trying to cancel people like me or get people like me fired.  Offended?  No, I'm not offended by you, I feel bad for you.  You've been lied to your whole life and you've been brainwashed.  That's a sad thing.  I hope you eventually find your way.  Good luck with that.

Lied to by who?  The liberal college I attended that my parents paid for, with safe spaces all over campus?  MSNBC?  They’re almost as bad as Fox News or OAN.

I’m a combat vet who enlisted to help pay for college, and went to school at night so I could commission.  I’ve commanded units of people from all backgrounds, who came from all walks of life.

You literally know nothing about me.

4 minutes ago, makindollaz said:

Lied to by who?  The liberal college I attended that my parents paid for, with safe spaces all over campus?  MSNBC?  They’re almost as bad as Fox News or OAN.

I’m a combat vet who enlisted to help pay for college, and went to school at night so I could commission.  I’ve commanded units of people from all backgrounds, who came from all walks of life.

I know enough, by the post you made.  Thanks.

5 minutes ago, makindollaz said:

Why are you so quick to assume that straight white males are only influenced by a ‘ right wing propaganda bubble’?  Are you suggesting that there are no SWM that are influenced by the political left?

4 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Why are you so quick to assume that straight whit males are only influenced by a ‘ right wing propaganda bubble’?  Are you suggesting that there are no SWM that are influenced by the political left?

It's also amusing that he's calling out conservatives as claiming to be victims all the while the bulk of the liberal party is made up of "victims".

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

It's also amusing that he's calling out conservatives as claiming to be victims all the while the entire liberal party is made up of "victims".

Hypocrisy abounds. I just don’t get it though. Maybe I’m in the minority but I know way more people who are SWM that are influenced by the left than the right. So I don’t know where that stigma originates.

6 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Hypocrisy abounds. I just don’t get it though. Maybe I’m in the minority but I know way more people who are SWM that are influenced by the left than the right. So I don’t know where that stigma originates.

Propaganda.  The media "reports" it and they masses follow.  :dunno:

He calls out MSNBC along with FOX and OAN, but doesn't apparently realize that over 80% of the media slants liberal... as if he calls out one liberal media outlet, he's treating them all equally.  Heck, if he just watches his regular news, he's watching a liberal outlet.

4 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Why are you so quick to assume that straight white males are only influenced by a ‘ right wing propaganda bubble’?  Are you suggesting that there are no SWM that are influenced by the political left?

Sure there are.  It goes both ways.

I just know from personal experience that I have literally hundreds of people on social media who look like me, who I worked with or were stationed with over the years.  I see all the same talking points in their social media posts that I see in this thread…cancel culture…woke…all the same buzzwords.  90% of those posts come from straight white males.  The other 10% are straight white females.

I’ve also got hundreds I knew/know who I follow who aren’t white or straight or male.  Some occasionally rant with left wing talking points, but the ratio is nowhere near what I see coming from the right.

1 minute ago, makindollaz said:

Sure there are.  It goes both ways.

I just know from personal experience that I have literally hundreds of people on social media who look like me, who I worked with or were stationed with over the years.  I see all the same talking points in their social media posts that I see in this thread…cancel culture…woke…all the same buzzwords.  90% of those posts come from straight white males.  The other 10% are straight white females.

I’ve also got hundreds I knew/know who I follow who aren’t white or straight or male.  Some occasionally rant with left wing talking points, but the ratio is nowhere near what I see coming from the right.

Whatever going back to your original sentence 

35 minutes ago, makindollaz said:

Because of the right wing propaganda bubble that they live in, there’s no greater victim in our society today than the straight white male. 

That is not only nonsense, but an inversion of what’s actually happening. Regardless, you made your point, however ridiculous it may be. Moving on…

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jrokh said:

That is not only nonsense, but an inversion of what’s actually happening. Regardless, you made your point, however ridiculous it may be. Moving on…

Likewise.  I’ll go about my day knowing I’m not a victim, and knowing there’s no coordinated effort by the boogeyman left to strip me of my rights.

On to more important matters…like worrying about how bad Antonio Brown will hurt me tonight in the 3 leagues I’m playing against him in.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ST_Pete said:

FFS lock this thread already Mike.

You *insert whatever here* are talking politics on a fantasy football thread. 

If someone wants to talk about how this affects Ruggs going forward I am all ears.

That last comment was my attempt at sarcasm and I mention it here because some obviously can not comprehend that.

"*insert whatever here*"?  LOL.  Nice way to pretend to not insult people.  That said, I am a bit surprised that Mike hasn't either locked, deleted, or moved this thread over to the Geek Club, by now.  Maybe he's just giving it time and figures it'll die out like other threads... which it will.  I think by and large, people have made their views known on the topic.

4 minutes ago, makindollaz said:

Likewise.  I’ll go about my day knowing I’m not a victim, and knowing there’s no coordinated effort by the boogeyman left to strip me of my rights.

On to more important matters…like worrying about how bad Antonio Brown will hurt me tonight in the 3 leagues I’m playing against him in.

Anyone who submits their will to the collective, sometimes known as ‘the public’ or ‘they or them׳ instead of their own, is a victim in practice. This is regardless of ideology, ethnicity, gender, or anything else. As for AB, I think he has a good but not great game. 5-75- 1td.

Maybe I’m wrong about this, but I saw that Gruden was the play caller for the offense, so I wonder if he knew before the this issue was coming before the story broke, the Raiders where avg 30 points per game their first three games , last two games 11.5 points per game. And D Carr was a day  28 ff points per game, last two games 14.  

So now I’m wondering how this will effect their offense going forward.  

I read a story on espn how upset D Carr was about this situation and losing Gruden.  

I wonder how much this issue will spilt this team , everyone will have their side I’m sure.  

I like what Carr said, what now go back and check out all emails from nfl owners and staff members and players.

If they where all judged by what is said on the field during a game, there wouldn’t be any games this weekend.  

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I find it ironic how you end your post with "Straight, white male who just comes here to talk fantasy football".  Why do I find that ironic?  Because you virtually never come here and talk fantasy football.  Not saying you discuss other things, but you've been a member here since 2000 and have 210 posts.  You post 10 times a year.  Looks to me that you don't come here very much at all.  :dunno:

You’re right, I don’t.  Set up my account over 20 years ago, because back then there were quite a few fellow Redskin (and that term doesn’t offend me) fans on the board, and I’d correspond with them.

I played fantasy football the whole time, but not as fanatic as the last couple of years, when my sons grew up and we all play in several leagues together.  I probably went 10 years posting nothing at all when they were much younger.

Even now I don’t post daily, but do check the board a couple of times a day for any nuggets I miss on Twitter or through my notification apps.

It’s amusing how Gruden being fired somehow is controlled by boneheaded Biden or Tyrant Trump, in reality the commish was butthurt about being called a pu$$y and these emails were somehow released to the Times.

Sure, Gruden is a fool and has to pay for it but this whole thing was initiated by cry baby commish.  

How are the raiders going to look? Fall apart or be fired up? 

On 10/11/2021 at 11:02 PM, Utilit99 said:

Meh. Emails. How did he treat his players and coworkers? So many people care more about words probably taken out of context than they do actual actions of some people. Loved having Gruden back in the league. This is a bummer. 

I'm not sure how you can say the words he used were taken out of context.

17 minutes ago, SexyRexy said:

I'm not sure how you can say the words he used were taken out of context.

I haven't seen them posted anywhere. Maybe I'm just missing the posts?

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Maybe I’m wrong about this, but I saw that Gruden was the play caller for the offense, so I wonder if he knew before the this issue was coming before the story broke, the Raiders where avg 30 points per game their first three games , last two games 11.5 points per game. And D Carr was a day  28 ff points per game, last two games 14.  

So now I’m wondering how this will effect their offense going forward.  

I read a story on espn how upset D Carr was about this situation and losing Gruden.  

I wonder how much this issue will spilt this team , everyone will have their side I’m sure.  

I like what Carr said, what now go back and check out all emails from nfl owners and staff members and players.

If they where all judged by what is said on the field during a game, there wouldn’t be any games this weekend.  

This is actually a very good post and a very relevant discussion.  Whether I agree with what Carr said is irrelevant here.  Thank you for this post - we needed it :)

18 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I haven't seen them posted anywhere. Maybe I'm just missing the posts?

he called goddell a , a , and said that fischer was forced to take a player bc they were gay.

kinda ridiculous to defend.

12 minutes ago, SexyRexy said:

he called goddell a , a , and said that fischer was forced to take a player bc they were gay.

Is there a public transcript of the emails somewhere? If so provide the link…

1 minute ago, SexyRexy said:

Kind of ridiculous to even care about it. I find it hard to believe that anyone in the league has not said similar things about someone else at any point in their lives. 

And was Gruden wrong in what he wrote or did it just hurts someone's feelers?

Going through people's emails is bull crap. People have the wrong priorities in this woke world of ours.

I actually love to hate the Raiders at times because after leaving Oakland, Mark Davis and that team will deal with tremendous highs and tremendous lows. Just like a weekend in Vegas. 

After about three days, you typically feel like you’ve got to get out quick or the city will eat you alive.

How long have they been there now? 
Gruden is lucky to get out!

Gruden was in the wrong AND he hurt someone’s feelings. Someone else did something similar but got away with it isn’t much of a point, yes the one that got away with it should also have consequences. 

Also, they won’t release the full transcript so the media can control the narrative…or maybe some legal reason. 

I think Gruden should have been able to do a mea culpa and continued coaching but no idea the dynamic of the players, maybe he lost too many of them. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, makindollaz said:

What do you know about everyone else on this site? All you really know is what you make up in your head. 

What exactly was said in the emails? From all the ones that you read.

15 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

What do you know about everyone else on this site? All you really know is what you make up in your head. 

You’re right…I don’t any of you personally.

But what I read in the first couple of pages of this thread are exactly what I see 100x a day on Facebook & Instagram & Twitter from past/current acquaintances…same buzzword phrases, same talking points, same manufactured anger.  Guess what almost all have in common? 

Opinions. 

5 hours ago, makindollaz said:

Just want to say thank you for your service.  I think being in a leadership position where you have to command folks from all different backgrounds and beliefs helps to open the lens a bit.  You don't have to be a member of either political party to understand a very easy point - words can and do offend people.

Just because a particular comment does not offend the particular group you may belong to, that does not mean it will not or does not offend another.  

28 minutes ago, makindollaz said:

But what I read in the first couple of pages of this thread are exactly what I see 100x a day on Facebook & Instagram & Twitter from past/current acquaintances…same buzzword phrases, same talking points, same manufactured anger.  Guess what almost all have in common? 

I give up. What? 

4 hours ago, makindollaz said:

" knowing there’s no coordinated effort by the boogeyman left to strip me of my rights."

After the last 9 months, please tell me you don't really believe this statement?

2 hours ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Gruden was in the wrong AND he hurt someone’s feelings. Someone else did something similar but got away with it isn’t much of a point, yes the one that got away with it should also have consequences. 

Also, they won’t release the full transcript so the media can control the narrative…or maybe some legal reason. 

I think Gruden should have been able to do a mea culpa and continued coaching but no idea the dynamic of the players, maybe he lost too many of them. 

My issue is that the message that's being sent out is... Yes, you're allowed to sexually and/or physically assault women, you may be suspended for a few weeks, but you get to keep your job and go about life as usual... but don't you dare hurt anyone's feelings!  If you do that, you're out!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, makindollaz said:

Yeah. I don't ever use facebook or the other two unless I see maybe a twitter comment embedded in some news article and the like so I don't know much about that. 

But this whole attack on Gruden rubs me the wrong way. Why did he get hired back into the league in the first place if he is such a bad guy? And if he wrote these emails years ago who is digging them up and why are they coming out with this now? 

Players get a lot more leeway. To get booted from the league you literally have to kill someone and be charged guilty in the courts. And I know Gruden just said screw it and quit but his name was dragged through the mud by someone who wanted him destroyed. Why didn't the person he sent them to immediately out him 10 years ago?

15 minutes ago, pronghorn said:

After the last 9 months, please tell me you don't really believe this statement?

Not for a second.

I won’t pretend to be the biggest supporter of Biden or this Admin, but “cancel culture” is a made up “crisis”. There are WAY more important things to focus on domestically and internationally.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Yeah. I don't ever use facebook or the other two unless I see maybe a twitter comment embedded in some news article and the like so I don't know much about that. 

But this whole attack on Gruden rubs me the wrong way. Why did he get hired back into the league in the first place if he is such a bad guy? And if he wrote these emails years ago who is digging them up and why are they coming out with this now? 

Players get a lot more leeway. To get booted from the league you literally have to kill someone and be charged guilty in the courts. And I know Gruden just said screw it and quit but his name was dragged through the mud by someone who wanted him destroyed. Why didn't the person he sent them to immediately out him 10 years ago?

Some valid points, and I don’t disagree completely.  That said, if he hadn’t said it/wrote it, he’d have a job.  Own it…don’t screw up and then blame someone else because another guy did something questionable too.

8 minutes ago, makindollaz said:

Not for a second.

I won’t pretend to be the biggest supporter of Biden or this Admin, but “cancel culture” is a made up “crisis”. There are WAY more important things to focus on domestically and internationally.

:doh:

15 minutes ago, makindollaz said:

Not for a second.

Wow. 

12 minutes ago, makindollaz said:

Not for a second.

People were tearing statues down all last summer, and I think another one recently. One school in Seattle is cancelling Halloween this year because they called it racist. 

There are 100s of things going on in this country every day that cancel culture is at the center of it. But that's a topic not for fantasy football so I don't want to get off track of the Raiders here.

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Wow. 

I know, right.  He is literally posting in a thread that is an example of "Cancel Culture" and he says he thinks it's made up.  This is from a guy who's in a position of leadership!  That is very disconcerting.