Sign in to follow this  
NHL 2021-22 season opens tonight...

9 hours ago, posty said:

Thank God...

With baseball winding down, needed something to watch...

Another reason I came back today. Have to represent my Islanders here !!!!!!!

Bruins don't open until Saturday. Seems everyone else is starting earlier, and I think a couple of teams will have already played 2 games by then. WTF? 

:yawn:  let me know when the playoffs are here

36 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

Bruins don't open until Saturday. Seems everyone else is starting earlier, and I think a couple of teams will have already played 2 games by then. WTF? 

Have you been to the gahden lately?  Absolutely amazing what they have done with it.

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Have you been to the gahden lately?  Absolutely amazing what they have done with it.

Not since Covid, so almost 2 years. What have they done to it?

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

Sabres in for another stellar season

Incredible how I use to live and die with this team. I bet I don't even watch a full period this year. They are gonna be ATROCIOUS.

2 minutes ago, dain11279 said:

Incredible how I use to live and die with this team. I bet I don't even watch a full period this year. They are gonna be ATROCIOUS.

Seems like in hockey franchises can just randomly find themselves in thr playoffs every so often.   Not the Sabres.  They had some talent and still can't find any chemistry.  Thr coaches are all bums every couple years.  Just a constant rebuild that goes no where.  No grit.  They played better last year when Jack was out and call ups got a bunch of ice time.  Probably because they had players out there that at least had some pride in playing hard.

2 hours ago, edjr said:

Not bad. Last time I was there, they were still working on the apartment building next to North Station

Just now, Thornton Melon said:

Not bad. Last time I was there, they were still working on the apartment building next to North Station

nearly everything is complete and the only thing that really matters. Sullys is still across the street :banana:  not even covid could take them

7 hours ago, edjr said:

Are those all local restaurants? I do not see one National chain there - which is very cool. 
That’s not my pastry joint. Just so we are clear there. 

13 hours ago, Mike Isles said:

Are those all local restaurants? I do not see one National chain there - which is very cool. 
That’s not my pastry joint. Just so we are clear there. 

I haven't even been in there. Going to take my son to town and check it all out soon. 

21 hours ago, posty said:

Are the Red Wings eliminated yet?

No but you’re still a dipshit

26 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

Crapitals fans are

Especially the ones without any local pro teams to root for so they just b!itch about some bull sh!t

53 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

Crapitals fans are

I would guess if I had to choose a favorite team, it probably would be the Caps only because of TV, but I don't live and die by them...

I have teams that I can't stand in hockey, but not many...

On 10/12/2021 at 10:20 PM, Mike Isles said:

Another reason I came back today. Have to represent my Islanders here !!!!!!!

Well that sucked

On 10/15/2021 at 4:59 AM, listen2me 23 said:

Sabres....next stop Stanley Cup.

💪

Lets see how they play against Vancouver on Tuesday. They have looked great so far though. They play hard for Granato, I’ll give them that.

42 minutes ago, dain11279 said:

💪

Lets see how they play against Vancouver on Tuesday. They have looked great so far though. They play hard for Granato, I’ll give them that.

I have said it to people I know last year and into this year.  Before it became total foregone conclusion.  Just get rid of Jack.  Some fans were holding onto him just because he is a good players and the anointed savior and centerpiece.  When fact is they tanked to get to McDavid or 2nd place pruce Eichel.  They have been picking at the top for a while and nothing turned around.  Now that doesnt mean it is because of Jack necessarily.  But they weren't winning with him so why is he so untradeable to some fans?   He doesn't and hasn't truly wanted to be here, can't really blame him.  But you can't win with those guys.  Not to mention he gets banged up a lot. Just let them go and move on. By waiting around they lost value on him and won't get the return they could have at the start of last season before that injury song and dancr started.

They played better last year without him.  And off to a nice start without him.

Nice to see the players out there no matter the name on the back of the jersey, play hard and fans can at least enjoy a somewhat competitive team.  

• Thanks 1