Mike Honcho

New York Nets - no shot, no play Kyrie

Brooklyn Nets say Kyrie Irving won't play, practice until eligible under local COVID-19 vaccination mandate

Brooklyn Nets general manager Sean Marks said Tuesday that Kyrie Irving's decision to not comply with New York City's COVID-19 vaccine mandate left the organization with "no choice" but to send him away from the team until he's able to fully participate.

"Ultimately, yes," Marks said during a hastily scheduled virtual news conference Tuesday afternoon discussing the team's decision. "He has a choice to make, and he made his choice.

"Again, my job here is to make what we deem as the best decision and best choices for the organization moving ahead as a whole. They're not always ones that are going to be met with open arms and a thumbs-up. These are hard decisions. Just like I'm sure it wasn't easy for Kyrie either to have to make that [decision] to not be around his teammates."

At 11 a.m. Tuesday, the Nets released a statement from Marks stating that the team had decided Irving was not going to have "part-time availability" and that he would be welcomed back once he complied with New York City's mandate.

The vaccine mandate, which went into effect last month, states that anyone entering an indoor gym -- including Brooklyn's Barclays Center and Manhattan's Madison Square Garden, the homes of the Nets and New York Knicks -- must have had at least one COVID-19 shot.

Maybe Jevon will get to play some, of course will he be allowed to touch the basketball...

I turn the radio off when i hear this crap.  its low brow bottom feeder sports gossip.  sports radio is utterly unlistenable today as they are also covering Gruden.  🤮  Not interested in reading about it here either.  Sports is to escape from real life, not wallow in it.  It fiures it would honcho that would pollute this board with this lol.  He just doesn't "get it".

9 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

I turn the radio off when i hear this crap.  its low brow bottom feeder sports gossip.  sports radio is utterly unlistenable today as they are also covering Gruden.  🤮  Not interested in reading about it here either.  Sports is to escape from real life, not wallow in it.  It fiures it would honcho that would pollute this board with this lol.  He just doesn't "get it".

ehh, kind of a big story that Kyrie is sidelined

• Thanks 1

Just now, Herbivore said:

He's not a $25/hour fry cook that can be bullied.  I can't understand where the players union is in these cases. 

5 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

The only way to stop the sports gossip is to ignore it.  Not light it up with threads dedicated to sports gossip.  Give me nothing outside the lines.

18 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Did you post a similar rant in the Gruden thread, or did you just avoid posting there completely.

The only way to stop the sports gossip is to ignore it.  Not light it up with threads dedicated to sports gossip.  Give me nothing outside the lines.

What's the gossip, the nets told he can't play? 

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

Did you post a similar rant in the Gruden thread, or did you just avoid posting there completely.

Oh FOCK YOU calling it a rant,.   You mean I have to sit there and listen to hours and hours of gossip masquerading as sports and if i dont like it, I'm ranting.  How about I shovel shiit down your throat for years and if you complain on day 2000 then well you are ranting.

FOCK OFF.

It'll be interesting to track this; Kyrie is a bit of an odd duck and I could see him absolutely not budging on this.  Plus he has FU money already so he doesn't need more.  :thumbsup:

47 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

It'll be interesting to track this; Kyrie is a bit of an odd duck and I could see him absolutely not budging on this.  Plus he has FU money already so he doesn't need more.  :thumbsup:

True, but there is a contract in there somewhere that must be honored. And it's not a league mandate, it only affects NY.  The Nets are the ones stuck in the middle.  

4 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

True, but there is a contract in there somewhere that must be honored. And it's not a league mandate, it only affects NY.  The Nets are the ones stuck in the middle.  

Couple other cities are affected too.  I can't say for the Clippers/Warriors, but I saw the other day the Lakers had vaccinated everyone. 

A similar mandate will go into effect in San Francisco on Oct. 13, which will impact the Golden State Warriors. Same for Los Angeles on Nov. 29, which will impact the Lakers and LA Clippers.

How do the city-imposed mandates affect visiting teams?

In New York City, San Francisco and Los Angeles, out-of-town teams are exempt from the vaccination mandates, meaning unvaccinated players on opposing teams will be allowed to play at Madison Square Garden (Knicks), Barclays Center (Nets), the Chase Center (Warriors) and STAPLES Center (Lakers, Clippers) this season.

Just now, Mike Honcho said:

Couple other cities are affected too.  I can't say for the Clippers/Warriors, but I saw the other day the Lakers had vaccinated everyone. 

So it seems you can play on the road, but can't even practice at home?  Could this be true? Seriously? 

57 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

He's turning his back on 31M,...just wow.  

Hold the line Kyrie. They will buckle first or be forced to trade you which is such a comical joke in itself. 

2 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Hold the line Kyrie. They will buckle first or be forced to trade you which is such a comical joke in itself. 

I hadn't thought of that; that would be awesome!  Couldn't happen to a bluer state.  :thumbsup: 

Just now, jerryskids said:

I hadn't thought of that; that would be awesome!  Couldn't happen to a bluer state.  :thumbsup: 

Imagine the ignorance of this. Kyrie cannot play in the same type of building because of woketards following the biden puppet masters so they trade him to a rival who will say , 'sure you can play in our arena. No problem'. The level of retardation on the left is off the charts. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Imagine the ignorance of this. Kyrie cannot play in the same type of building because of woketards following the biden puppet masters so they trade him to a rival who will say , 'sure you can play in our arena. No problem'. The level of retardation on the left is off the charts. 

Just have everyone play all road games, problem solved. :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Ultimately, yes," Marks said during a hastily scheduled virtual news conference Tuesday afternoon discussing the team's decision. "He has a choice to make, and he made his choice.

"Again, my job here is to make what we deem as the best decision and best choices for the organization moving ahead as a whole. They're not always ones that are going to be met with open arms and a thumbs-up. These are hard decisions. Just like I'm sure it wasn't easy for Kyrie either to have to make that [decision] to not be around his teammates."

I really do not believe he chose to not be around his teammates.  He simply chose not to get the vaccine.

Nice spin by the GM ...

4 hours ago, lod001 said:

The way I read this is he would not be able to play for the Nets in home games at Barclays Center but if he was traded to another team he could be able to play for that team as a visitor in Barclays Center since visiting teams players are exempt from vaccination mandates. That's absolutely ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, Hook Echo said:

The way I read this is he would not be able to play for the Nets in home games at Barclays Center but if he was traded to another team he could be able to play for that team as a visitor in Barclays Center since visiting teams players are exempt from vaccination mandates. That's absolutely ridiculous.

covid doesn't exist in the visiting locker room, its only the home locker room.

we also know it doesn't exist on the court, but does when the players are sitting on the bench

21 minutes ago, Hook Echo said:

Exactly. This planet needs wiped out by an asteroid.

I feel like I always need to say this disclaimer.  I AM VACCINATED.  However if you got your vaccine sixth months ago then your protection is only going down from here.  If you had COVID you do produce antibodies.  Plus there are breakthrough cases, variants, we don’t know half of what we think we know.  

Mandates for a drug less than a YEAR OLD is borderline criminal.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I thought the Nets wanted to win a championship.

I see Golden State is having Wiggins play tonight in LA.

I worked for a Big Pharma drug company for 20 years.  Vaccines are one of the greatest inventions in human history.  I am Covid vaccinated.

Vaccine mandates on *this* immunization is insane.  The shot doesn’t last near as long as predicted and it’s less than a year old. Not to mention any mandate excludes any natural immunity (having Covid already).  

8 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

so the NBA agrees the vaccine doesn't work

This is always my thought when reading these things? Who are we protecting here? 

9 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Walmart is hiring. 

Checkers and greeters? Yes, but youll never be a VP without the jab. Plantation work.

i thought Biden was their guy. :dunno:

Another win for the flat earth society, go kyrie!!

Fun fact, I have my avatar because of him.

On 10/12/2021 at 3:01 PM, JustinCharge said:

NFL Radio on XM is the best sports talk in the country.

Between like 10am and 7pm on the weekdays especially. Sometimes after 7pm on the weekdays it can get a little slow depending on who is hosting.

Kyrie Irving is already in the Health and Safety Protocols after testing.  Kevin Durant confirmed positive test for Covid.