Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

I am thinking about getting ahead of this, and drop Sermon for Wilson

So disappointing about Sermon, I thought I had a great late season chip. The more I read about the situation, the more I read that they love Wilson. Even before the season started, beat writers said he would be the one.  He could be the man before its over, like last year.

I have him in an IR slot. Speculative add but he has produced in short stints when called

I don’t see any reason not to pick him up. If you have the room.  

We ' ve got short benches but really want to do this as well.  I've got CEH and we don't hold an IR spot - should I drop him for Wilson?  

I'm hurting at RB2 now :(

Do we have any update? The timetable I think put him closer to November doesn’t it? I have him stashed but I’m not terribly optimistic unless someone has heard some thing?

1 hour ago, ST_Pete said:

We ' ve got short benches but really want to do this as well.  I've got CEH and we don't hold an IR spot - should I drop him for Wilson?  

I'm hurting at RB2 now :(

Who else including qbs and tes and kickers and def do you own on this ff team?

Shanny said they expect Wilson back in "late Novemeber". So I'm not holding my breath on him. His recovery has been much slower than anticipated. He's in my IR spot for now. I do not see him supplanting Eli Mitchell unless Eli gets hurt. He might eat into Sermon's already fading backup role, but hard to know. 

If you have the space to hold Wilson I would, I think he’s the one to own on Niners at rb upon his return.  

9 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

Do we have any update? The timetable I think put him closer to November doesn’t it? I have him stashed but I’m not terribly optimistic unless someone has heard some thing?

I heard week 8 at the latest

The good thing, though, is that he should be back once San Francisco returns from its bye week next weekend, and ready to hit the field running (pun intended) come Week 7.

Just now, snatchit said:

The good thing, though, is that he should be back once San Francisco returns from its bye week next weekend, and ready to hit the field running (pun intended) come Week 7.

from a beat writer

If back week 7, of course, you should drop Sermon for Wilson.  It doesn't appear he'll be back week 7 though unless shannihan is just lying about expecting him back at the end of November.  

2 minutes ago, nobody said:

If back week 7, of course, you should drop Sermon for Wilson.  It doesn't appear he'll be back week 7 though unless shannihan is just lying about expecting him back at the end of November.  

I dont believe that was a recent quote from Shannihan 

48 minutes ago, nobody said:

Yeah I'm not sure that's what he said recently... I believe it was something like "Hopefully back by Nov... maybe sooner"

6 minutes ago, cdogge said:

Well... alrighty then. If it's late Nov I'm holding off on adding him

I didnt look it up, do they use Wilson in the passing game ?

9 hours ago, weepaws said:

Who else including qbs and tes and kickers and def do you own on this ff team?

.5 PPR 12 Team.  Sitting at 3 - 2

QB Allen

RB Zeke Williams CEH Pollard

WR Diggs Julio Sutton Higgins Corey Davis

TE Andrews

DST Cincinnati 49ers

I'm holding 2 defense because I like the back end of the 9ers schedule and get decimated with byes week 7.  Been trying to move a wr for a RB2/3 type but no luck there :(

BY the way, I have had Wilson in my IR spot since Week 3.  That's why I keep tabs on his expected return.  Dropped Sermon for him back then expecting him to be back week 7.  Now I'm thinking about swapping him out for Jeudy (we have very short benches), but I'm not sure Jeudy will be back much faster.  It's frustrating.  49ers must have the worst training staff in the league.  Their players are always injured and now they are even taking much longer to heal from the injuries.

Meniscus is typically an 8 week injury.  Somehow for Wilson, it's a 14 week injury.

Of course, we have to factor in that Shanahan has absolutely no problem lying to everyone about anything, so it's possible he's just giving the worst case projection so he doesn't put pressure on Wilson to return or have to answer questions if he's not quite ready.  I guess he could be lying about it just being a meniscus injury too?

Based on what nobody just posted about Wilson not due back until thanksgiving, I wouldn’t let CEH go.  If you really want Wilson let one of your def go, you can always stream.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1