Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

4.3 million people quit their job in august

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

It's hard to follow.  They claim people are quitting because of all of the job options they have, but then more people want remote jobs than could theoretically exist, and the number of hires decreased.  So those enterprising young defectors aren't taking new jobs.  :dunno: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you not STIMULATED?!?!?!?

If I was a meme / tech person I'd have one with The Gladiator getting his stimulus / covid check yelling this in a masked coliseum  ......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do the board libs think about this?  Trumps fault?  Just curious...seriously...what are your thoughts, libs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tubby_mcgee said:

What do the board libs think about this?  Trumps fault?  Just curious...seriously...what are your thoughts, libs?

Our bored libs identify as centrists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The article was hard to follow. It said a lot of people are leaving jobs but no idea what % are taking new jobs vs leaving the workforce. Then it says a lot of workers want to work remotely. But that’s obviously not the same workforce as people leaving their jobs (mostly hospitality, retail etc. according to the article). 

The unemployment rate is under 5% which is fantastic. Increased federal UC benefits ended a month ago. If companies can’t find good cashiers or stock boys now they’re sol.

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Lets Go Brandon!!!

I keep seeing this , had to google it.  Pretty funny.

Although I will say it's pretty classless to be chanting F joe biden all the time.  For all the vile sh!t the left did to Trump, the right is now paying it back.  It's dumb all around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our government has focked up.  I don't directly blame Trump or Biden.  Stop giving people incentives to stay home and not work.  I hear a lot of people blaming the employee shortage on poor wages but I think that's BS.  There are a lot of great paying jobs but people just don't want to work them because it's easier to stay home.  People just don't want to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pump the brakes people.

When these numbers come out they too frequently are being misrepresented and are used purely for manipulation. It takes time to noodle out the truth behind the propaganda.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Our government has focked up.  I don't directly blame Trump or Biden.  Stop giving people incentives to stay home and not work.  I hear a lot of people blaming the employee shortage on poor wages but I think that's BS.  There are a lot of great paying jobs but people just don't want to work them because it's easier to stay home.  People just don't want to work.

Poor wages is indeed BS, $18/hr at Culver's!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Ron 'Tator Salad' White said:

Poor wages is indeed BS, $18/hr at Culver's!

Congrats!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Ron 'Tator Salad' White said:

Poor wages is indeed BS, $18/hr at Culver's!

Yup, my friend's 16 year old son is making $15/hr at Home Depot, in NJ where minimum wage is $12.  No, that has nothing to do with Covid, Home Depot's starting wage in NJ has always been $3 (or more), more than minimum wage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

I keep seeing this , had to google it.  Pretty funny.

Although I will say it's pretty classless to be chanting F joe biden all the time.  For all the vile sh!t the left did to Trump, the right is now paying it back.  It's dumb all around.

Considering the chants started at college stadiums, I'd hardly call it the 'right'  is paying it back.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hell yeah, I see firsthand every day a bunch of folks working instacart.

 

And what's really encouraging is how many of them are black. I'm not trying to be woke or condescending, but when you're ordering online, nobody gives a shiit what you look like. Just do your job and delivered my groceries. I see a lot of moms bringing their kids with them too. I don't think most of you Really fully appreciate the cost of childcare when it comes to deciding to work or not.

 

I also think news articles and government statistics just haven't caught up to the gig economy; just because somebody says these are the numbers, I think we've learned enough by now not to trust anything we read or hear from the government or the media.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do the numbers say anything about those people quitting to go to a new job?  I'm curious how many in that number just decided to retire as well.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Considering the chants started at college stadiums, I'd hardly call it the 'right'  is paying it back.  

You think the people chanting F Joe Biden are democrats?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

You think the people chanting F Joe Biden are democrats?

They used to be.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

You think the people chanting F Joe Biden are democrats?

They should be.  He's not doing anything for them or anyone else for that matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

wrong.

Don’t be afraid to see what you see.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Don’t be afraid to see what you see.

Show me anything that proves your point, otherwise be quiet.

People yelling F Biden did not vote for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

They should be.  He's not doing anything for them or anyone else for that matter.

I agree that Biden is a disaster, but his base does not think so, they love him and will defend him forever.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GutterBoy said:

Show me anything that proves your point, otherwise be quiet.

People yelling F Biden did not vote for him.

Show me anything that proves your point, otherwise be quiet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Show me anything that proves your point, otherwise be quiet.

https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/h2rgoa7a3x/econTabReport.pdf

82% of democrats still support him.

It is nonsensical to suggest that young college kids in the south came out in droves to vote for Biden, and then now hate him and chant F Biden.  They are clearly Trump supporters.  And they are doing it because they are pissed at how the left treated their guy.  It's common sense.  But spin whatever BS you want with no facts, I really don't care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I agree that Biden is a disaster, but his base does not think so, they love him and will defend him forever.

Joe Biden has a base?  I don't think so.  They are basically all TDS sufferers.  People all over admitted it was a vote against Trump more than liking Joe as a candidate.  He has no base.  His base is up in the air holding his puppet strings.  They are socialist progressives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Show me anything that proves your point, otherwise be quiet.

People yelling F Biden did not vote for him.

Right here, with this post, we see exactly what is the problem in this country.

Everyone should be yelling 'Lets Go Brandon' at this POS. EVERYONE. His handlers have done nothing of value for the people of this country. Only destroyed. make no mistake, biden is braindead and makes no decisions. He's is simply told what to say and then walk away.

As pathetic as his post is, it's correct. There are a large number of full blown retards that will go down with this ship no matter how bad it gets. They imply need to die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Show me anything that proves your point, otherwise be quiet.

People yelling F Biden did not vote for him.

That’s an easy out since most people who voted for him are dead. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The job market is nuts right now. My company is looking for some Executive Assistants for our NY office. 

The girls they are interviewing as demanding an offer at the end of the 1st zoom interview and are demanding no more than 2 days in the office. 

Now is the time to find a new job. Places are desperate

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Our government has focked up.  I don't directly blame Trump or Biden.  Stop giving people incentives to stay home and not work.  I hear a lot of people blaming the employee shortage on poor wages but I think that's BS.  There are a lot of great paying jobs but people just don't want to work them because it's easier to stay home.  People just don't want to work.

The situation is messed up.  There are plenty of good paying jobs, but only if John Q. Public is willing to stop spending their income on pointless, needless crap like Alexa or Beats headphones or unlimited data plans or on-demand video and so on and so on.  On the other hand, a lot of the jobs dry up if people show personal restraint and cease to buy those things.

Humanity cannot win and a Thanos-level event would be best.  Bring on widespread catastrophe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's go gutterdumbass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching the NFL pregame show and the Philly crowd was chanting f Joe Biden :lol:

Biden voters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2021 at 9:10 AM, GutterBoy said:

https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/h2rgoa7a3x/econTabReport.pdf

82% of democrats still support him.

It is nonsensical to suggest that young college kids in the south came out in droves to vote for Biden, and then now hate him and chant F Biden.  They are clearly Trump supporters.  And they are doing it because they are pissed at how the left treated their guy.  It's common sense.  But spin whatever BS you want with no facts, I really don't care.

I couldn’t find the stat on fock Joe Biden chanters are Trump Republicans. Or where only southern school were chanting.

———

'Let's Go Brandon!' goes from social media meme to the top of the iTunes charts

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/anti-biden-lets-go-brandon-song-tops-itunes-hip-hop-chart
 

More Trump backers?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the gig economy is soaking up all workers with any sort of work ethic or go-getter attitude.  

you can set up your amazon store and make $25k per month for 10 hours of work.  you can be a freelance programmer or artist.  you can deliver food for $30/hour.  rent your house as an airbnb. this all got started 5-10 years ago and more and more people are figuring out the game as we go along.  no one with any work ethic is going to take some office job where they need to set an alarm to wake up every morning and get yelled at by a boss.  no one with any work ethic will flip burgers or serve tables.

you cant raise wages to fix this, either.  if you raise minimum wage to $30 an hour, that just means your amazon store starts pulling in $50k per month, and food delivery pays $60 per hour.

only solution i see is robot workers for office, restaurant and retail etc.

kids demanding a job offer on the spot and no more than 2 days in the office for executive assistant. i would too.  id work from home as an exec asst and then rake tons of cash on the side with an amazon store.  and if the hiring manager doesnt like it, he can go eff himself. im only applying to your stupid exec asst job to add to my resume but i dont need you at all.  your alternative is to hire a shlub that has no work ethic and will show up 5 days a week for a pittance.  i hold all the cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2021 at 3:28 PM, edjr said:

The job market is nuts right now. My company is looking for some Executive Assistants for our NY office. 

The girls they are interviewing as demanding an offer at the end of the 1st zoom interview and are demanding no more than 2 days in the office. 

Now is the time to find a new job. Places are desperate

 

I'll tell ya. If I was just recently retired I would rape the fock out of some company right now. Especially if it was one I despise. I'd take the job and go full Kramer on them.

As it is, I am too close to take more $ and a different gig.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2021 at 3:28 PM, edjr said:

The job market is nuts right now. My company is looking for some Executive Assistants for our NY office. 

The girls they are interviewing as demanding an offer at the end of the 1st zoom interview and are demanding no more than 2 days in the office. 

Can sizes? :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Third shift in a row where we've had approximately quarter of our staff call out.  And the bigger problem with that is the folks that remain obviously  have to pick up the slack. And its like, fluck that. If you want me to do their job and my job then give me their check. 

 

I have a pretty strong work ethic. Dad gave us all that. But, honest to God I don't want to work that hard for what is nothing more than a job. It's not a career anymore. Been there done that. And I legitimately regret all the overtime that I gave those corporate bastards.

 

I see a ton of people doing instacart. They can pick and choose their clients, their hours I don't blame them . 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2021 at 11:17 AM, wiffleball said:

Hell yeah, I see firsthand every day a bunch of folks working instacart.

 

And what's really encouraging is how many of them are black. I'm not trying to be woke or condescending, but when you're ordering online, nobody gives a shiit what you look like. Just do your job and delivered my groceries. I see a lot of moms bringing their kids with them too. I don't think most of you Really fully appreciate the cost of childcare when it comes to deciding to work or not.

 

I also think news articles and government statistics just haven't caught up to the gig economy; just because somebody says these are the numbers, I think we've learned enough by now not to trust anything we read or hear from the government or the media.  

You enthusiastically drink it all up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×