Mike Isles

***Happy Football Day Week 6***

Some phag will post a cry baby face to this. 

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

So sick of injuries

Deep benches are key. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Deep benches are key. 

One of my dynasties… 12 on ir, plus others that are only out.

it also not just depth… I have had a lot of players leave early in games.  Unless you are playing best ball, that has nothing to do with depth or good/bad judgment 

15 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

One of my dynasties… 12 on ir, plus others that are only out.

it also not just depth… I have had a lot of players leave early in games.  Unless you are playing best ball, that has nothing to do with depth or good/bad judgment 

Injuries are part of the game. It sucks when your studs go down. And it happens to everybody eventually. 

I feel for you. Luckily it's early in the season. Make some moves, hold on to some others. 

GL going forward.  :cheers:

4 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Injuries are part of the game. It sucks when your studs go down. And it happens to everybody eventually. 

I feel for you. Luckily it's early in the season. Make some moves, hold on to some others. 

GL going forward.  :cheers:

I’ve been playing for 30 years.  I know injuries happen.  

last couple of years it has gotten worse, plus covid.  

11 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

I’ve been playing for 30 years.  I know injuries happen.  

last couple of years it has gotten worse, plus covid.  

Kudos. :cheers:

Commished a league for 20. Couldn't keep up with NFL buIIshit. 

• Like 1

All my studs are healthy.  But i learned how to beat the injuries.    Mid season you trade picks for more studs.  I traded for justin jefferson and alvin kamara this week. 

15 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

:banana:

:banana::banana:

• Like 1

Can you two slob each other’s Cowboy knobs in the Cowboy thread.  You bump that thing all of the time anyway.  :thumbsup: 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Can you two slob each other’s Cowboy knobs in the Cowboy thread.  You bump that thing all of the time anyway.  :thumbsup: 

too funny

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

You have my word I will not bump a weekly football thread with Cowboys  info next week. 

:cheers:

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, 5-Points said:

You have my word I will not bump a weekly football thread with Cowboys  info next week. 

same here

54 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Mac jones completed TWO fourth quarter comebacks today and still lost. 

he's good

Not a great game, but great win by Dallas. Great bcoz these are the kinds of games those Jason Garrett Cowboys never found ways to win. 

We were sloppy, but credit to BB - his genius does that to good teams. Brady barely escaped with a win earlier there, not ever even throwing a single td. 

From a defensive front, our run defense was exposed (again). We've got to find run stuffing DTs or we will continue to get drilled up the middle. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

This is the best MNF game I've seen in a looooooooooooooong time:banana:

Yes. Very entertaining- Go Bills !!!!

2 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

Yes. Very entertaining- Go Bills !!!!

Got the Bills. Moss needs some love now. :D

Patriots are getting kinda interesting.  Mac Jones is starting to look really good and the defense held the Cowboys to a bunch of field goals and missed field goals.  They are showing flashes.

3 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Patriots are getting kinda interesting.  Mac Jones is starting to look really good and the defense held the Cowboys to a bunch of field goals and missed field goals.  They are showing flashes.

Cowboys should've BLOWN out the Pats. That game wasn't nearly as close as the score. 

14 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Cowboys should've BLOWN out the Pats. That game wasn't nearly as close as the score. 

Actually the patriots defense that game was super bowl caliber.  They made the Cowboys repeatedly march long drives and settle for field goals or a missed field goal.  You might think the Cowboys should have scored TDs and blown out the Pats, but that actually is how to play defense.  ESPECIALLY a Belichick defense.  The pick 6 messed up the numbers, but the Patriots did a great job besides that.

There are super bowl teams that will do that to your offense all damn day week in and week out.  Pin you deep, make you march, settle for field goals or missed FGs.

2 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Damn. Can't blame the the Bills for going for it. Tough loss. 

It was the right call, just didnt work out

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That call was 100% influenced by D. Henry. 

The Bills realized they weren't stopping him - did not want to risk losing the toss and have Henry run it down their throats for a td win. 

This is what happens when a team must travel 700 miles to the SW on a Monday. 

• Haha 1

For funzies, here is the playoffs if the season ended today:  (7 playoff teams per conference, only #1 seed gets a bye)

https://www.nfl.com/standings/playoff-picture

AFC:

Ravens BYE
#7 Steelers @ #2 Chargers
#6 Raiders @ #3 Titans
#5 Bengals @ #4 Bills

NFC

Cardinals BYE
#7 Vikings @ #2 Buccaneers
#6 Saints @ #3 Packers
#5 Rams @ #4 Cowboys

Chargers really need to stay at least in the #2 seed.  If they don't, its a lot of trips across the Mississippi.  I think they will at least finish #2.

Baker Mayfield with a completely 100% torn labrum in his non-throwing shoulder, plus other damages in the shoulder he describes as "frayed".  He is trying to get a second opinion to allow him to continue to play.  Gutsy guy but his season might be over, or if he tries to play again it quickly will be.  Phillip Rivers might get a call here.

There's always a few playoff teams that fall apart from injuries.  Usually its the Chargers.  Chargers are healthy this year and maybe the Browns are the new target of fate's whims.