Sign in to follow this  
LogicalFantasy

Grab Shenault now if you can ;-)

Shenault Jr. should not be on waivers in any league.

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/news/urban-meyer-offers-explanation-for-laviska-shenaults-lack-of-targets-vs-titans

It has taken the current Jacksonville Jaguars' coaching staff and regime little time to find out one of the truths about their roster: get the ball to Laviska Shenault and good things happen. 

Despite this truth, though, the Jaguars and head coach Urban Meyer are discovering that it takes more than just a public commitment to get Shenault the ball. Instead, it takes a concentrated effort to make him a part of the offense, not allowing the team's depth players on offense to see larger shares of the passing game's targets. 

This wasn't the case in Week 5's 37-19 loss to the Tennessee Titans, though, as Shenault saw just three targets (all in the fourth-quarter), compared to Jamal Agnew (eight targets), Dan Arnold (eight targets), and Tavon Austin (five targets). But despite Shenault's lack of complete usage, he still proved to be the Jaguars' top playmaker outside of running back James Robinson.

“What we did was when we lost [DJ] Chark [Jr.], he had to go to play outside as well, but he was point of attack many times. It just didn’t get him the ball," Meyer explained on Monday.

Despite the lack of usage for Shenault, he still finished second on the team in receiving yards on Sunday -- on just one catch. It was a 58-yard catch-and-run that saw Shenault break five tackles and completely flip field position, his second 50-plus yard catch in the last two weeks. 

A few plays later, Shenault beat man coverage for a would-be touchdown, but Trevor Lawrence just missed his athletic and talented wideout. On just two targets, Shenault nearly had the biggest day of any Jaguars' pass-catcher, a reflection of both his talent and of the importance for the Jaguars to get him the ball more consistently.

"That’s something we have to make sure he gets the ball because you saw the one that he had. He’s dynamic and he’s arguably our best playmaker right now," Meyer said on Monday.

There are certainly some aspects of his game that Shenault needs to improve at to see more targets, such as getting better at getting himself open on scramble drills when Lawrence breaks the pocket. But Shenault has the ability to get manufactured touches and turn them into big gains, which makes it a bit hard to believe his first target in Sunday's game came with 12:21 left in the game.

Shenault, of course, will also have to face adjustments following Chark's injury. Shenault spent the first four weeks primarily in the slot only, playing just 31 snaps on the outside, per PFF. In Week 5, though, he played 45 snaps on the outside, lining up in the slot on only seven snaps. This is a dramatically different role and position for Shenault, which could also factor into his slow start on Sunday. 

But the Jaguars will need to help Shenault ease into the transition much easier than they did on Sunday. It was just a week prior, after all, that Meyer said Shenault is a player who he would like to get 10 touches a game, a far cry the single touch he got in Sunday's game.

I would stick with Renfro. 

I would stick with Renfro

only thing I trust Jags to do right is Be Down in the game meaning passing the ball so I really like Shenault.  Renfro hasn't crossed 20 pts yet this year so high floor and Shenault has only scored 2 pts less than Renfro in the past 2 weeks with Chark out (and wasn't even targeted until the 4th Qtr).  I'd go with Shenault over Renfro if you're looking for someone to crack 20 pts this week (higher ceiling).  Plus Renfro is playing AT Denver (4th best against the pass though Renfro is a Slot receiver so shouldn't expect him to lose his normal 6 catches) while Shenault is against 4th WORST pass defense in Dolphins.  Go with Shenault.

Broncos def have faced  L Jackson and Ben and D Jones.  

Dolphins def as faced , Allen, Brady, and Carr. 

These are the top three names of the qbs they have faced.  

I see a big difference, Dolphins biggest challenge will be  Robinson. 

But with all the crap the raiders have been going through this past week and that they have had two crappy games going into this weekend on the road , makes this debate very interesting. 

Good luck. 

• Like 1

Wasn't that bad of a game, don't we have to wait to see what Renfro does b/f we declare a winner?

10 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

Renfrow looks to be the more consistent player-guys/losers like SHEnault and Toney are usually one week flash-in-the-plans.

Brilliant 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Brilliant 

Gee thanks a lot. I see where you've probably read my educational/informational reponses to your drivel and that possibly you've learned a little. Stick with it son, you have potential in this game. Charles Barkley "potential just means you ain't worth a sh!T yet".

2 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

Gee thanks a lot. I see where you've probably read my educational/informational reponses to your drivel and that possibly you've learned a little. Stick with it son, you have potential in this game. Charles Barkley "potential just means you ain't worth a sh!T yet".

Son. Lol. My first pick ever was Jerome Bettis. Of the LA Rams. 

21 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

Renfrow looks to be the more consistent player-guys/losers like SHEnault and Toney are usually one week flash-in-the-plans.

In Odell Beckham juniors second game of his career he had 2 catches for 28 yards. Honk honk.  

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

In Odell Beckham juniors second game of his career he had 2 catches for 28 yards. Honk honk.  

Can you have someone who maybe has a HS education (8th grade would even work) re-write your spew, so I/we can understand it-and then roll our eyes and laugh? Honk, honk..........WTF is THAT?

1 minute ago, huskyhater75 said:

Can you have someone who maybe has a HS education (8th grade would even work) re-write your spew, so I/we can understand it-and then roll our eyes and laugh? Honk, honk..........WTF is THAT?

Honk honk is the sound a clown makes. In this exercise you’re the clown. HTH. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Honk honk is the sound a clown makes. In this exercise you’re the clown. HTH. 

Well I guess if you have to tell me/us what the "joke" is........then it DIDN'T work! Tell me son, was your mom a clown?

1 minute ago, huskyhater75 said:

Well I guess if you have to tell me/us what the "joke" is........then it DIDN'T work! Tell me son, was your mom a clown?

Wooosh! Sorry you couldn’t figure it out. You’re dumber than Brandon 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Wooosh! Sorry you couldn’t figure it out. You’re dumber than Brandon 

Brandon your son, or your dad?

4 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

Brandon your son, or your dad?

Wooosh! 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Wooosh! 

Seek help. The Lord-and counselor's, are always there for people like you. Good luck, I hope you find peace rather than lashing out at people.

3 hours ago, huskyhater75 said:

This statement doesn't even make sense.  Shenault outscored Renfro for the past 3 weeks (coincidence that Chark was out for those 3 weeks & the rest of the year).  

dumb statement...peace

• Thanks 1

OP congrats great pick.