Sign in to follow this  
Gratefulegg1973

Christian Mccaffrey is a sissy

Seriously, never again will I draft this clown, and I'm going to be actively trying to deal him in my keeper league.  Played what, 4 out of the last 25 games?  Pathetic.  

16 minutes ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

Seriously, never again will I draft this clown, and I'm going to be actively trying to deal him in my keeper league.  Played what, 4 out of the last 25 games?  Pathetic.  

It’s not a pain issue. You can’t play with a torn hamstring. It’ll tear worse if he does. The workload was just too much.

4 minutes ago, Serenity Now said:

It’s not a pain issue. You can’t play with a torn hamstring. It’ll tear worse if he does. The workload was just too much.

It was originally a mild strain.  You don't miss 6+ weeks for a mild strain.  And that's not mentioning his plethora of injuries last year that were supposed to keep him out for a 'week or two'.  This guy is making Reggie Bush look like Cal Ripken

No he was vastly overused his first two years and heavily used in college as well.

Training regimen and discipline is unreal. Unless you’re Derrick Henry, you’re not supposed to tote the rock 350+ every season.

20 minutes ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

It was originally a mild strain.  You don't miss 6+ weeks for a mild strain.  And that's not mentioning his plethora of injuries last year that were supposed to keep him out for a 'week or two'.  This guy is making Reggie Bush look like Cal Ripken

Strain is a tear. It all heals differently. Bush never had his workload. It was bound to catch up.

He's not built for a running back more like a punt return 3rd down back nfl doesn't care they will run them into the ground 

Yea Mccaffery 2018 and 2019 seasons shouldn’t even count.  

I have him and chuba in my 2 Qb half ppr league.   I’m going to put him out there on the trade block.  What would be a good return for him?

11 minutes ago, Redsox2020 said:

I have him and chuba in my 2 Qb half ppr league.   I’m going to put him out there on the trade block.  What would be a good return for him?

Saquon

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Redsox2020 said:

I wouldn't give anything for him.  I have him in a keeper so I'm stuck with him I guess.  But, he'll miss the next 3, then he'll still have his bye, and he has a brutal playoff schedule.  And that's assuming his hamstring's healed and he doesn't get any other boo boos

1 hour ago, Redsox2020 said:

However much you can get.

He has a big name but that's about it. I wouldn't trade much more than a borderline waiver wire RB for him

14 hours ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

You're not comparing playing RB in the NFL to baseball are you? 🤣

17 hours ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

So is Kardarius Toney, little twisted ankle (ex-soccer player?) and he's crying on the sideline. Also, Julio-get off your butt, get out there, and DO SOMETHING!

2 hours ago, polecatt said:

You're not comparing playing RB in the NFL to baseball are you? 🤣

Nope.  A legit health comparison to Cmac would be guys like Darren Mcfadden, Fred Taylor, Kijana Carter, etc

On 10/16/2021 at 7:35 PM, Serenity Now said:

Strain is a tear. It all heals differently. Bush never had his workload. It was bound to catch up.

well, sometimes a strain can become something more if you dont allow it to heal before putting pressure on it again.

When a pro plays through an injury this type of thing can happen (depending on the injury and the severity of course)

at this point unless you know the finer details of the injury and the medical knowledge to analyze the situation its difficult to truly say what happened here.

But he is starting to look like he gets hurt more than you would like...............

sorry for your loss.

There is a history in the NFL of many (but not all) overused RBs becoming injury prone and their production falling off a cliff. CMC is starting to look like the next entry on this list.  Sucks for anyone who took him #1 this year - I stayed far away. (Then again I stayed away from Henry too, and he is still the workhorse for the Titans.)

On 10/16/2021 at 8:45 PM, Gratefulegg1973 said:

Christian Mccaffrey is a sissy

Still plowing the high-quality "cat"!

I would too! As long as it's my turn, before she moves on to Next.

1 hour ago, jrbdmb said:

There is a history in the NFL of many (but not all) overused RBs becoming injury prone and their production falling off a cliff. CMC is starting to look like the next entry on this list.  Sucks for anyone who took him #1 this year - I stayed far away. (Then again I stayed away from Henry too, and he is still the workhorse for the Titans.)

No Mccaffery and no Henry, what did your personal rb top ten ranking look like ? 

2 hours ago, jrbdmb said:

I think that's why people like the power backs. 

They seem to be more durable that way.

that's not a rule, but in general I have found this to be the case more often than not.

Zeke and Henry are still going strong.

but David Johnson fizzled quickly and now CMC seems to be having injury issues earlier than he should in his career.

maybe its just dumb luck.  maybe not.

I'd wager another white player isn't drafted consensus #1 overall for at least another 20 years.

RIP McCaffrey. He was a cold ass honky.

I’ll wait and see how he performs when he does return. 

On 10/18/2021 at 12:45 PM, weepaws said:

No Mccaffery and no Henry, what did your personal rb top ten ranking look like ? 

Pretty much standard except for those two. Thought the risk of breakdown due to overuse was too high - though it doesn't seem to have bothered Henry so far, like it didn't bother AP or Emmett Smith.

Ended up getting Cook as my RB1. Now there's a sissy.  :bench:

Reading this makes me want to make a move for McCaffery.  I think he will be a force later on.  Maybe the owner in our league feels the way some do here.

I see in Yahoos trade market McC has gone for J Mixon in one and D Williams in another (ouch).  Went for J Connor+ J Chase in another.  Some people are doing fire sales.

It's unfortunate Collins looks banged up, I could have offered C Carson/A Collins.  Don't think it will fly now.  C Patterson seems too little.  And I don't know if I feel like parting w D Henderson right now (and of course D Henry is staying put).  I'm thinking of trying Carson/Collins/M Carter.

I agree, I think Mccaffery will return , and he’ll be good to go for ff team during the playoffs.  

Good luck at trading for him. 

Ended up trading him and chuba for James Robinson.   I can’t deal with a 1st degree hammy lasting 6 weeks.  I might be dead wrong but something isn’t right with CMC.  

Yea it’s an injury.  Good like with Robinson.