Sign in to follow this  
nobody

Dolphins at Jaguars: SMF Discussion

Dolphins inactives - QB Reid Sinnett, WR DeVante Parker, WR Preston Williams, CB Byron Jones, CB Xavien Howard, T Greg Little, TE Adam Shaheen

Jaguars inactives. - K Josh Lambo, WR Tyron Johnson, CB Tyson Campbell, LB Myles Jack, OL Rashaad Coward, DE/OLB Jordan Smith, DL Taven Bryan

Jaguars put up only minimal resistance on the first drive by the dolphins.  Miami converted at least 3 3rd downs to side open receivers.  

Miami looks almost as bad on defense except Dan Arnold drops a 3rd down conversion.  Jags hit their first FG of the season in week 6. :o

Jags bring in Brissett as a misdirection on short yardage.  He hits yet another wide open receiver on play action.  Tua meanwhile is jumping up and down like an idiot trying to make it clear he's a team player I presume.

Ahmed with a nice run down to the three, but called back for holding.  Miami's strategy should be to never commit any penalties since the jags defense stayed in the states.  If they have to settle on a FG here, that's only because of that hold.  Jags can't stop a nose bleed.

And Gaskin, who is back in the game drops a screen.  Not a great start for him between the fumble and drop.

I'm enjoying the British voice-over guy that introduces the game's sponsors.  

We should import that back to the states.  Pack it right in the carry-on

Shenault comes up a little gimpy after a pass attempt, but no one is tending to him, so I assume he's just going to walk it off.

Its the Jags though so they just might not have travelled with their training staff.

Not to be outdone by the Dolphins, Jacksonville commits a drive killing penalty and Lawrence tries to force two passes into double coverage.

2 minutes ago, nospk said:

SNM? Sounds kinky

Freudian slip, I guess.  😆

Jags finally realize Tua doesn't deal with pressure well and gets the Dolphins off the field on a 3rd and out.

Just now, nospk said:

Gesicki cries about everything 

He definitely seems like a baby.  He did get that crack back block call overturned by crying, so now he's got the positive reenforcement.

Malcolm Brown met his 1 decent run per game quota.

Gaskin needs to get his s**t together. Should have started Collins it appears.

Streaming kickers looks to be working out for the 3rd game in a row. Targeting the Jets, Lions and Jags is a sound strategy...

And a 28 yard run by Robinson for no reason will likely kill another drive.

Shenault with two straight drops after the Jags shoot themselves in the foot with yet another penalty

Lol at the announcers worrying about the Jags conserving time before the end of the half like this offense has a chance of moving the ball without killing themselves.

Holy shìt.  Jags actually converted a 4th down and then Lawrence hit a nice TD pass to Marvin Jones.  Wow.  

It's amazing to me he Jags are in this game.  I guess the defense can still screw it up in this 40 seconds before the end of the half.

Did Gesicki just get another call overturned?

Look at that, jags.  You don't commit penalties, you score.  How about that?

Geez.  These teams are just taking turns trying to give this game away.

Taunting obviously.  You can't stand over a guy like that.

Stupid, too since they're obviously going to score on your terrible defense.

That 54 yard FG by Jacksonville was pretty crazy.  He misses that if it's from 35 and kicks it the same way.

Decent game for two crappy teams.  Glad I started waddle but my opponent has players in on bye which is lame.

Of course Geseki turns into Kelce when I play him.  At least Jones Jr. is playing well for me today.

If the game plays out like the rest of the game, they should get into a 3rd and 7 at some point and then hit Gesicki wide open on a 17 yard to put themselves in FG range.

This 4th and half a yard is going to be close.  Looks short to me.

Once again though, they have to measure with the chains like it's accurate down to the centimeter.

Trent Green must've been really terrible in the two minute drill.  He keeps talking like a minute and half isn't a ton of time to move the ball 30 yards.  Timeouts or no.

This is the Jags offense we know.  Start with a penalty and then have two negative plays.

Dolphins screwed this up.  They should've used their timeout after the sack with 45 seconds left.  Jags have to throw on 3rd and if they throw incomplete, you get the ball back with a chance for a game winning FG and about 35 seconds on the clock.

Wow!  Jags turned 5 seconds into an 11 yard catch and a TO for a game winning FG attempt.  Almost like they have coaches!

And the kicker who can barely kick 50 yards makes two (TWO!!!) 50+ yard FGs to win it!