"History of the World, Part II" variety series is coming to Hulu...

https://deadline.com/2021/10/mel-brooks-variety-series-history-of-the-world-part-ii-hulu-1234857822/

The 1981 Mel Brooks film History of the World, Part I was never meant to have a sequel, but Deadline has confirmed Brooks’ high jinks across history will continue as part of an eight-episode variety series at Hulu. The writers room for History of the World, Part II will begin this month, and production will commence in spring 2022.

“I can’t wait to once more tell the real truth about all the phony baloney stories the world has been conned into believing are History!” Brooks, who will write and executive produce, said in a statement.

The big-screen original parodies various moments in history from the Roman Empire and Stone Age to the Old Testament and the French Revolution, among other periods. It starred Brooks, Dom DeLuise, Madeline Kahn, Harvey Korman, Gregory Hines, Cloris Leachman, Mary-Margaret Humes and Sid Ceasar.

Part II will also be executive produced by Nick Kroll, Wanda Sykes, Ike Barinholtz, David Stassen and Kevin Salter. Searchlight Television and 20th Television are the studios.

Variety reported new of the series order first today.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

It’s good to be the King

Hah.  I opened this thread to post the same thing. 

Btw, you look like the piss boy. 

2 minutes ago, DonS said:

Hah.  I opened this thread to post the same thing. 

Btw, you look like the piss boy. 

Well you look like a b o s

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, posty said:

https://deadline.com/2021/10/mel-brooks-variety-series-history-of-the-world-part-ii-hulu-1234857822/

The 1981 Mel Brooks film History of the World, Part I was never meant to have a sequel, but Deadline has confirmed Brooks’ high jinks across history will continue as part of an eight-episode variety series at Hulu. The writers room for History of the World, Part II will begin this month, and production will commence in spring 2022.

“I can’t wait to once more tell the real truth about all the phony baloney stories the world has been conned into believing are History!” Brooks, who will write and executive produce, said in a statement.

The big-screen original parodies various moments in history from the Roman Empire and Stone Age to the Old Testament and the French Revolution, among other periods. It starred Brooks, Dom DeLuise, Madeline Kahn, Harvey Korman, Gregory Hines, Cloris Leachman, Mary-Margaret Humes and Sid Ceasar.

Part II will also be executive produced by Nick Kroll, Wanda Sykes, Ike Barinholtz, David Stassen and Kevin Salter. Searchlight Television and 20th Television are the studios.

Variety reported new of the series order first today.

Red Sox beat your braves to win their 5th title in 16 years :o 

24 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

I love that response. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Can they even do Mel Brooks movies anymore?    

Hopefully he'll stop using raciss hate speech against the Irish. :nono:

58 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

this was my thought. 

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

You can bet it will be a liberal version of it. That is the first thing that came to mind.

4 hours ago, Mike Isles said:

From that acting group I think Brooks is the only one still alive. Will he make it to 2022 ?

Mary Margaret Humes is still alive…

I saw it in the theater when it came out.  I was young enough that I didn't get the eunuch joke. :cry:

Gonna be hard to beat the first one. Especially with the “rules” they have to play by nowadays 

Just tune into cnn. Reality is funnier than fiction. No comedy can be written that could match liberal America.

On 10/19/2021 at 2:44 PM, Bier Meister said:

Wait...you forgot the shake!

• Haha 1

On 10/19/2021 at 7:44 PM, Cloaca du jour said:

I wanna see Blazing Saddles 2

Flip the script a bit.  Maybe a white guy being the sheriff in a ghetto?

10 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Wasn't that kind of done with Die Hard with a Vengeance?

57 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

NYC 1990’s. Got er done. 

• Confused 1

Started today and will have two new episodes through Thursday...

• Like 1

I thought it was solid. Not great. Good enough to get a few laughs. Like when Danny DeVito said of Rasputin (as a Russian) “Who knew he would be my Favorite Putin. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

I thought it was solid. Not great. Good enough to get a few laughs. Like when Danny DeVito said of Rasputin (as a Russian) “Who knew he would be my Favorite Putin. 

Yeah... Better than I thought it would be 

Watched all eight episodes last night, kind of what I expected since Mel has a lot of other writers involved...

There were a couple of funny lines in the early episodes, but as the series continued on, it was less funny...

Overall I would give it a "D" or a "D+"...  Been better off if this never happened...

17 minutes ago, posty said:

Watched all eight episodes last night, kind of what I expected since Mel has a lot of other writers involved...

There were a couple of funny lines in the early episodes, but as the series continued on, it was less funny...

Overall I would give it a "D" or a "D+"...  Been better off if this never happened...

Saw a review last night that pretty much says the same.  1st 3 episodes are good but it falls off a cliff after that.  Reviewer mentioned that most people may have a hard time sticking with it after the first 3.

33 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Saw a review last night that pretty much says the same.  1st 3 episodes are good but it falls off a cliff after that.  Reviewer mentioned that most people may have a hard time sticking with it after the first 3.

Totally agree with this review...  I wouldn't say they were good, they were just better than the last portion of it...  I stuck it out because I hoped that maybe there was a good skit in there, but it never happened...

• Like 1