Sign in to follow this  
easilyscan

D'Ernest Johnson: Cleveland Browns

With 6 teams on bye and/or all the RB injuries, looks like a lot of people will have no choice but to pick him up & start him Thursday night.

Height/Weight: 5' 10"/208 lbs
Born: February 27, 1996
College: South Florida
Draft: Undrafted

Rushing Fumbles
Season Team Type G Att Yds RusY/G Y/A Long TD Fumb FumL
Total - Reg 38 40 198 5.2 5.0 28 0 1 0
2019 CLE Reg 16 4 21 1.3 5.3 13 0 0 0
2020 CLE Reg 16 33 166 10.4 5.0 28 0 1 0
2021 CLE Reg 6 3 11 1.8 3.7 5 0 0 0

Receiving Fumbles
Season Team Type G Rec Tgt Yds Y/G Y/R YAC/R Long TD Fumb FumL
Total - Reg 38 10 12 92 2.4 9.2 5.8 27 0 0 0
2019 CLE Reg 16 6 7 71 4.4 11.8 7.2 27 0 0 0
2020 CLE Reg 16 3 4 14 0.9 4.7 4.0 5 0 0 0
2021 CLE Reg 6 1 1 7 1.2 7.0 3.0 7 0 0 0

Got waivers on

1. Dernest Johnson

2. Rhamondre Stevenson

3. Rashaad Penny

Hoping for Johnson. If Chub doesn't play (and inside word is he won't), Johnson becomes an auto-start. The other guys are ... meh.  Stevenson might be decent by end of year. Not sure what to make of Penny or what his work will be. His entire career has been crappy anyway.

Nick Chubb (calf) won't play in Week 7 against the Broncos.

The Browns have yet to place Chubb on injured reserve, so we can only assume he's expected back following a two-week absence (and 10 days rest) in Week 8 against Pittsburgh. 

When they file them out this early, that means they're not close to being ready.  

Here's my RB stable.

Monty, D. Williams, Carson, Collins, Moss, I don't think any of these guys are playing this week.

Guess I try for CLE dude, but I might not get him.

6 minutes ago, plasma george said:

Monty, D. Williams, Carson, Collins, Moss, I don't think any of these guys are playing this week.

Hoping Collins plays.

19 minutes ago, DrG said:

If you are desperate a Jet or Texan rb may be available?

Haha, I just dropped Ingram last week, Davonta is available, so I'll have 2, just a far cry from Monty and Carson week 1

If you can’t land D Johnson of the Browns , and you play ppr , you might get D Felton of the Browns.  

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

If you can’t land D Johnson of the Browns , and you play ppr , you might get D Felton of the Browns.  

I saw Felton, we’re half PPR

he seems like a very low floor 

Freeman is there, been like a decade since I had him 

Or Darrius Guise. I’m losing this week anyway, if he works out ROS 

Is Guise back In the Nfl? Felton is a reach, but with no Chubb no Hunt , Beckham is still and might not ever be healthy again and no Landry , it might not be a bad reach.  

19 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Is Guise back In the Nfl? Felton is a reach, but with no Chubb no Hunt , Beckham is still and might not ever be healthy again and no Landry , it might not be a bad reach.  

I hear ya. I’m thinking second half of season, not just one week

i lost Monty and Carson now drowning at RB

5 hours ago, plasma george said:

Here's my RB stable.

Guess I try for CLE dude, but I might not get him.

Sorry I thought it was more about this weekend.  

• Like 1

I don't know. An undrafted player who's done almost nothing in 2+ years as a distant 3rd string RB? I mean, he is almost all that's left, but Baker is hurt, their receivers are hurt, and Denver is no slouch of a defense. Johnson did have a decent show of it against Dallas last year, but who didn't?

Do we really trust him to do much? He's got a great line in front of him, but opportunity isn't everything without talent. 

He’s only the third best rb on the Browns , because Chubb and hunt are really good, but I think Johnson has talent. 

Trust him , if I have better choices and I don’t need to trust him I wouldn’t.  

But if he’s the best choice based on opportunity than yes .  

Browns are a good running team, the Broncos run defense did benefit by playing some bad running teams their first three games.  

They gave up an avg of 60 yards rushing to the Gmen and Jags and Jets.  

Last three games they have given up an avg of 111 to the Ravens and Steelers and Raiders.  

If he’s ones best choice I would give him a try.  

And now Baker is out. 

Looks like the Browns will be running the ball a lot. 

I'm sold, I have 5 Rbs on byes or IR, so I need a WW gem.

If I don't get him it's Dovanta, or Ingram, I'm dead this week.

12 minutes ago, plasma george said:

I'm sold, I have 5 Rbs on byes or IR, so I need a WW gem.

If I don't get him it's Dovanta, or Ingram, I'm dead this week.

In that list, I'd got De Johnson, Dovanta, then Ingram.

My choices are De Johnson, a shakey Gibson, or either Herbert or D Williams against Tampa. None really thrill me.

What's the news on D. Williams ?  I missed Herbert by 10 minutes, but didn't know his status or if Bears coaching staff fell in love with Herbert, he looked very good.

I haven't seen anything on D Williams. My assumption is he and Herbert both play and so neither is worth squat against the Bucs. Since he has a TNF game, I'll probably go with De Johnson so as not to risk Gibson. 

17 minutes ago, Law said:

I haven't seen anything on D Williams. My assumption is he and Herbert both play and so neither is worth squat against the Bucs. Since he has a TNF game, I'll probably go with De Johnson so as not to risk Gibson. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Law said:

Playing Tampa would favor D. Williams, if they're playing from behind the entire 2nd half and passing downs

6 hours ago, Law said:

Do we really trust him to do much? He's got a great line in front of him, but opportunity isn't everything without talent. 

Not making any predictions here, but I thought the same thing about Alex Collins @ Pittsburgh last Sunday night.

Cleveland is depleted and yet still 2 point favorites. 

That shows what vegas thinks of the broncos defense. 

Who knows what anyone in this game will do. 

I'm starting D Johnson tonight.

Vegas shows over/under rush yards at 60 and receptions at 2.  That's 8-10 points.  Maybe a possible TD... so I expect in the 10 to 15 point range, with a longshot for more. Beats the hell out of my other flex option who cost me an early 3rd round pick - Allen Robinson. <_<  He's good for about 5 points and that's about it.

Congrats if you picked up Johnson and started him.  

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Congrats if you picked up Johnson and started him.  

:banana:

Halftime - 64 rush yds, 1 rec, 4 rec yds, 1 TD

13.8 points. And it's only halftime. My blind faith was rewarded. Playing against the lousy Bronco's helped no doubt.

Now the question is, what to do when Chubb comes back.?. Hunt proved to be a reliable start, but Johnson... who knows.  Especially with Felton taking some of Johnson's snaps/catches.  Have to wait and see how that plays out.

At least for tonight, the Gods smiled on team Gobble.

Blind faith? He was a top 20 RB in most rankings. Guy in my league blew most of his faab to grab him and start him. He was kind of chalky.

4 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Blind faith? He was a top 20 RB in most rankings. Guy in my league blew most of his faab to grab him and start him. He was kind of chalky.

He was exactly #20 in most rankings. Not a guaranteed lock.

Great game 

Naturally playing against him so it was really great seeing some focking plumber drop 20+ fantasy points…just really really great. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, plasma george said:

Sad part for us new owners, back to the Special Teams for him.

With Hunt out, I expect him to have a role until he returns at the very least.

My eyeball test saw great patience,cuts,bursts and vision

49 minutes ago, gcmmidwest said:

My eyeball test saw great patience,cuts,bursts and vision

Not to mention the same giant holes that have both Chubb and Hunt in the top 15 despite missing the last couple of games.

Looks like the real Cleveland running game is in the offensive line; plug in anyone in the backfield and they'll gain 100 yards.

3 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Not to mention the same giant holes that have both Chubb and Hunt in the top 15 despite missing the last couple of games.

Looks like the real Cleveland running game is in the offensive line; plug in anyone in the backfield and they'll gain 100 yards.

This … even though Denver knew what was coming. To start the game, Browns drove through sliced butter. Denver D did not play well especially to start the game and certainly at the end.