Sign in to follow this  
easilyscan

D'Ernest Johnson: Cleveland Browns

20 hours ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

He ran with heart.  Great vision all night.

No way he runs 4.8 on the 40.  Look like a 4.6 guy out there.

NFL teams overrate 40 times for runningback.  Really what you need is short area quickness, acceleration, balance, and burst.

I mean, yeah, you'd love to have 4.3 speed to take it to the house if you break free, but how many times a year does that ever happen?  Be happy with a guy that can get you 4.5 yards consistently, and settle for the 25 yard gain the 2 times a year he might've taken it 75 yards for the TD if he had the long speed.

35 minutes ago, nobody said:

NFL teams overrate 40 times for runningback.  Really what you need is short area quickness, acceleration, balance, and burst.

The 40 time measures three of those; quickness, acceleration and burst.

40 yards is about the distance needed to get up to full speed from a dead stop.  It's not "long speed."

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

The 40 time measures three of those; quickness, acceleration and burst.

40 yards is about the distance needed to get up to full speed from a dead stop.  It's not "long speed."

Short shuttle is much better.  40 time is long speed.  Runningbacks don't run in a straight line for 40 yards.

3 hours ago, nobody said:

Short shuttle is much better.  40 time is long speed.  Runningbacks don't run in a straight line for 40 yards.

Shuttle is more about changing direction.  We were talking about quickness, burst and acceleration--like getting through holes--like the start of a 40 yard dash (even if they may get tackled before they make it 40 yards).

Yeah...basically taking over the Kareem Hunt role which made Hunt a Top 10 RB before getting injured.  Chubb will be ranked higher but Cleveland may ease him back in leaving Kareem Hunt carries/catches to Johnson.  Plus Mayfield is still out though Keenum poses enough of a threat that opponent doesn't stack the line against the rush. Unless you have better options...Johnson can be a decent flex streamer this week (though Steelers have allowed 6th Fewest points to RBs.

Johnson had one great game, as the starter, against a bad team, and a game script working in his favor. 

With Chubb back (even limited) my feeling is he'll be a poor man's Kareem Hunt.  He's startable because Cleveland's running game is #1, but I don't expect Hunt-like stats.

1 hour ago, GobbleDog said:

Johnson had one great game, as the starter, against a bad team, and a game script working in his favor. 

With Chubb back (even limited) my feeling is he'll be a poor man's Kareem Hunt.  He's startable because Cleveland's running game is #1, but I don't expect Hunt-like stats.

Cleveland has shown how to win with two great RBs sharing the load with no drop off, keeping them both fresh all game

Johnson owner with Collins only option, hoping they roll with that formula 

• Like 2

Chubb is going to be better at what Johnson does run the ball, I think Felton might see more playing time then Johnson, he’s going to be the Hunt in the passing game.   Imo. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Felton might see more playing time then Johnson, he’s going to be the Hunt in the passing game.

Good point

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Chubb is going to be better at what Johnson does run the ball, I think Felton might see more playing time then Johnson, he’s going to be the Hunt in the passing game.   Imo. 

Where did you get Felton would be ahead of Johnson for that role ?  One game when there were no other backs ?

That’s Felton strength. Chubb if 100% ready to go isn’t losing the amount of touches to Johnson in the run game has he normally does with Hunt imo.  

Week 8 fantasy rankings list Johnson around 38th - 40th among RBs this week.  Surprisingly low considering last game. I would've guessed around 25th.  

Not surprised at all with the Chubb back to do the rushing work.  

Now that chubb knows he's replaceable I bet he tears it up this week 

Johnson has been a back up to the Chubb for almost three seasons, I’m sure the Chubb isn’t stressing losing any playing time to Johnson.  

Plus Chubb just signed a new fat contract extension. He’s not worried in the least.