KSB2424

The reason women’s athletes don’t get paid the same as males

People want to see the best. Not the best of <insert population subset here>. Same reason lots of people watch the Olympics, and not so much the Special Olympics.

2 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

This is one of those times where I feel embarrased for someone else. Oof.

Agreed.  I think I speak for everyone that this isn't to pile on women. 

It's simply about woke sports, and the Megan Raponie's of the world who know zilch about basic business / economics and make EVERYTHING about identity.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I blame white supermacy. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I blame white supermacy. 

It's the white PATRIARCHY!!!!   :mad:

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, DonS said:

It's the white PATRIARCHY!!!!   :mad:

Yeah, you know this is coming, I wonder why all the black men and women didnt show, I guess they get a label now too? :overhead:

LOL, I love it when reality comes into play, and then we just have to wait for someone out there in Democrat lala land to paint it some way.

Yeah but women want to be paid as much.  Its only fair.  They're equal right?  I mean, fair is fair.  We all need to be equal, soooooo.....somehow they need to make the same.

Somehow we've got to find a way to fund this.  Either American's need to contribute to the "women's sports equal pay fund", or the money from the men and women are combined, and split two ways. 

We've got to stop treating our women like they are lesser.   They are out there playing the sport, giving their all, so they deserve the same pay, no matter what it takes.

^there are some shmucks out there, that would be nodding their head, clapping and saying "Yahhhh!!! Exactly! " to the above comments. 

10 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Yeah, you know this is coming, I wonder why all the black men and women didnt show, I guess they get a label now too? :overhead:

LOL, I love it when reality comes into play, and then we just have to wait for someone out there in Democrat lala land to paint it some way.

Internalized white supremacy.:ninja:

13 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Yeah but women want to be paid as much.  Its only fair.  They're equal right?  I mean, fair is fair.  We all need to be equal, soooooo.....somehow they need to make the same.

Somehow we've got to find a way to fund this.  Either American's need to contribute to the "women's sports equal pay fund", or the money from the men and women are combined, and split two ways. 

We've got to stop treating our women like they are lesser.   They are out there playing the sport, giving their all, so they deserve the same pay, no matter what it takes.

^there are some shmucks out there, that would be nodding their head, clapping and saying "Yahhhh!!! Exactly! " to the above comments. 

I love this idea. Now that would be good entertainment from an outsider's point of view for the unveiling of this. creepy joe can put an EO that 50/50 share on the combined  profits straight down the middle and kameltoe can be appointed to run the whole thing. 

I didn't even know the championship was going on until they won.  The only reason I knew they won is because I follow Chicago sports writers on social media.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I didn't even know the championship was going on until they won.  The only reason I knew they won is because I follow Chicago sports writers on social media.

Same here. I was streaming the score radio station one day and they said the Sky won the championship. I had to look it up to see who they were talking about.

33 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Same here. I was streaming the score radio station one day and they said the Sky won the championship. I had to look it up to see who they were talking about.

I thought WNBA teams often were named similar to their NBA counterparts.  They should be called the Chicago Bulldykes rather than "Sky". 

25 minutes ago, DonS said:

I thought WNBA teams often were named similar to their NBA counterparts.  They should be called the Chicago Bulldykes rather than "Sky". 

Somehow, I think that would be better received than calling them the Chicago Cows.

We need to get everything equal. People who want to watch the Breaking Bad should first be forced to watch I Wanna Marry Harry. Equal time. 

16 hours ago, Vikings4ever said:

People want to see the best. Not the best of <insert population subset here>. Same reason lots of people watch the Olympics, and not so much the Special Olympics.

The heavy board traffic here says otherwise....

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Yep..I heard it as almost an "oh by the way" blurb at the end of a sports update.

16 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Agreed.  I think I speak for everyone that this isn't to pile on women. 

It's simply about woke sports, and the Megan Raponie's of the world who know zilch about basic business / economics and make EVERYTHING about identity.  

While agree with the general comments here.  There a times when the economics doesnt jive and in the USWNT case, that is one.  They draw more and get paid less.  

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

Was there a question about the reason? 

This. :dunno: 

Yes.

Yes. 

There was a topic on this a while back in Geek Club, with an article regarding why women's boxers aren't paid as much....citing female boxers saying that they should be paid as much as men. 

I'm 90% sure this was the article: 

https://www.foxbusiness.com/sports/claressa-shields-fights-for-equal-pay-in-womens-boxing-we-are-as-great-as-the-men

One funny part in the article...one female boxer was saying that the reason they don't make as much, is because rounds in female boxing are only 2 minutes long, and men did that (made the rounds only 2 minutes) so that females could be paid less.

“Women's boxing didn’t put those rules down for us to fight two minutes. The men did,” she explained. “And I feel like they did that to keep us at our pay wages to where we don’t make as much as them, because we don’t fight the same time.”

“We are willing to fight three-minute rounds for 12 rounds to even the playing field to where we say, ‘We want equal pay. We’re also putting in the equal work.'”

LOL.   So that dumb b!tch apparently sees no correlation between the number of people paying money to watch,  how much they pay to watch and the money that goes in her pocket afterwards.   

She must think it comes from some magic fund, that funded by "da company" and "da company" is just choosing to not give as much to females. 

28 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

There a times when the economics doesnt jive and in the USWNT case, that is one.  They draw more and get paid less.  

Then why do they want to be paid the same?  :dunno:

This is hilarious. I was told the other day that the only reason I dont like women's sports is because I was raised to not like them. Sure. I would love to spend time watching massively inferior athletes play a game. That sounds completely reasonable. Wtf

49 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Then why do they want to be paid the same?  :dunno:

I don't know exactly if they want to be paid the same, they may want to be paid more.  but they definitely don't want to be paid less.  In Rapinoes case, she has won more, and drawn more fans than the mens team, but she is paid less.

1 hour ago, Herbivore said:

While agree with the general comments here.  There a times when the economics doesnt jive and in the USWNT case, that is one.  They draw more and get paid less.  

No they don't.  The courts found that the women get paid more.

7 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

I don't know exactly if they want to be paid the same, they may want to be paid more.  but they definitely don't want to be paid less.  In Rapinoes case, she has won more, and drawn more fans than the mens team, but she is paid less.

This topic is really something of a spinoff from the falacy that the business world is actively working against the interests of women, which it assuredly is not.  So when you see an instance such as the womens national soccer team, by way of example, being paid less the automatic assumption is that evil men have done this to them, which is of course not true, but selling people fear does tend to work.

8 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Don't know if any of that is true or not.  I have heard from several sources that the Men's and Women's Soccer teams perform under different umbrellas and negotiate their salaries independently.  If that is true, then it would be like comparing the NBA to the NFL.  

they'd be rich and popular if they just stuck to mud wrasslin' where they belong 😉

I think the bigger question is are they being paid proportionately?   X% of revenue generated. We need to look at apples to apples. Are they measuring growth to their leagues?  

Men's soccer is huge globally, but lower in the pecking order in the USA.  

USAWNT has been wonderful, but they just don't draw the same.

3 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

they'd be rich and popular if they just stuck to mud wrasslin' where they belong 😉

I vote jello or pudding

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bier Meister said:

I vote jello or pudding

fully agree