Sign in to follow this  
makindollaz

Too late now, but good/bad trade?

Dynasty/keeper league.  I gave up Tee Higgins & Mike Thomas, got JaMarr Chase.

Thomas doesn’t seem to have much desire to return to his 2019 form.

I think it’s a great deal. 

Congrats 

29 minutes ago, makindollaz said:

I think it's a good deal. But why do you think it seems Thomas doesn't have much desire to return to being great again after an injury? What are the indicators you are seeing?

6 point avg per game his six games after he return from his injury last season, tells me he might not be great like he was back in 2019. 

But I don’t think he doesn’t want to be great again.  

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

I think it's a good deal. But why do you think it seems Thomas doesn't have much desire to return to being great again after an injury? What are the indicators you are seeing?

Why wait until June to get surgery on something that could have been done earlier, then you don’t miss 2+ months to start the season.  This, after an unproductive 2020.

I could be wrong, just doesn’t seem to have the same fire.  And I’ve watched every game he’s played as a Saint.

13 minutes ago, makindollaz said:

Why wait until June to get surgery on something that could have been done earlier, then you don’t miss 2+ months to start the season.  This, after an unproductive 2020.

I could be wrong, just doesn’t seem to have the same fire.  And I’ve watched every game he’s played as a Saint.

Unproductive 2020 was 5 starts in 7 games. Something was up. If the Saints moved him to a team like Buffalo or the likes after this year, I bet he still has it. But who knows? You got what looks like a good player for a dynasty team. Take him and run with it.

39 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Unproductive 2020 was 5 starts in 7 games. Something was up. If the Saints moved him to a team like Buffalo or the likes after this year, I bet he still has it. But who knows? You got what looks like a good player for a dynasty team. Take him and run with it.

Yeah, I’m happy.  Last year was odd with MT.  Just about every week was “will he play or won’t he” but it was never bad enough for the medical folks to shut him down completely.

In dynasty?

I would say that's a good deal.

JaMarr Chase looks like a probable WR1 for several years to come and potentially even the top fantasy WR in the future.

Tee Higgins has some potential too, but I don't know that he's ever more than a WR2/flex player. As for Thomas, I don't know how much value he has but not nearly enough to consider giving up a player like Chase

I think it’s a great deal. It’s a keeper league and Chase is going to be the Bengals dominate wr going forward.  

On 10/21/2021 at 12:52 PM, makindollaz said:

Congrats. 

On 10/21/2021 at 5:16 PM, weepaws said:

I think it’s a great deal. It’s a keeper league and Chase is going to be the Bengals dominate wr going forward.  

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Congrats. 

Thx.  After today I’m not sure there are any WR’s in the league I’d prefer over Chase…throw in that it’s dynasty and looking like I made the right move.  Maybe Adams in re-draft but who knows what his QB situation will be after this year.